How is it possible that an Ethiopian Amhara is my third cousin on 23andMe?

Damn so the myth is true and some wollo amhara are actually lost habar awal. I thought it was just somali stories again but damn:dead:

The Somali ancestry is probably from his wollo side, ask if his cousins that took the test are also wollo
Hold on, something does not add up, if his isaaq than he is either Habar yonis or cida galeh (gaarxajis). Thats because of his paternal lineage 🤣

His paternal haplogroup is T-L208, if isaaq than thats the same as Habar jeclo, Habar Yonis, cida galeh haplogroup. Also his ancestors could still be samaroon or diir

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210622-000813_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210622-000813_Chrome.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 258
  • Screenshot_20210622-000757_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210622-000757_Chrome.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 252

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Lol, i will ask him, are you sure about this mythical story, maybe its only his family side, not all wollo and shewa will have Somali ancestory. I have never heard of this story, give me a link to read upon it.
Ofcourse not all wollo or shewa, these regions are some of Ethiopias most populated. Under 1% of them would be part of this so called clan that claim issaq heritage. I remeber reading it a very long time ago so don’t quote me on it, that’s why I asked an Ethiopian @Abba Sadacha for his opinion on it.
Hold on, something does not add up, if his isaaq than he is either Habar yonis or cida galeh (gaarxajis). Thats because of his paternal lineage 🤣
His paternal lineage is probably amhara and someone in his family probably has somali blood

convincation

VIP
His paternal haplogroup is T-L208, if isaaq than thats the same as Habar jeclo, Habar Yonis, cida galeh haplogroup. Also his ancestors could still be samaroon or diir
T? I thought amharas were just E-v32 and J.
That probably increases the likelihood of him being somali:dead:

Ofcourse not all wollo or shewa, these regions are some of Ethiopias most populated. Under 1% of them would be part of this so called clan that claim issaq heritage. I remeber reading it a very long time ago so don’t quote me on it, that’s why I asked an Ethiopian @Abba Sadacha for his opinion on it.

His paternal lineage is probably amhara and someone in his family probably has somali blood

Lets wait for Abba Sadacha opinion, hopefully he will guide to some articles, but that interesting to know,

On his haplogroup, yes its definitely strange, i have seen oromos with T but never amaharas, majority are split evenly with E and J.

Wollo is a melting pot of oromo, amhara, argobba, afar and tigrayans. i have never heard of somali's being there-i will try to see what i can find in books and etc. hmmm.

Apollo

VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There are Somali children who get put up for adoption in Ethiopia.

Those can then get adopted by Oromos or Amharas and potentially not know they are Somali at all.

20% is too big to be something ancient, the guy has a near full blood Somali grandparent.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There are Somali children who get put up for adoption in Ethiopia.

Those can then get adopted by Oromos or Amharas and potentially not know they are Somali at all.

20% is too big to be something ancient, the guy has a near full blood Somali grandparent.

Also to add, in his predicted timeline it says there is highly likely he has a grandparent or great grandparent or second great grandparent that was 100% somali. Also his paternal haplogroup is T-L208, Amaharas are usually J and E paternal haplogroup. Recently he said that he was born in 1960, his about my parents age, so i have to respect him as my elder. So i stopped asking very sensitive questions.

Attachments

• pic 5.png
    pic 5.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 187
  • pic 6.png
    pic 6.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 187

Apollo

VIP
Also to add, in his predicted timeline it says there is highly likely he has a grandparent or great grandparent or second great grandparent that was 100% somali. Also his paternal haplogroup is T-L208, Amaharas are usually J and E paternal haplogroup. Recently he said that he was born in 1960, his about my parents age, so i have to respect him as my elder. So i stopped asking very sensitive questions.

T lineage exists in all Horn of Africa groups. I wouldn't rely on it too much. T is found in 1 of every 30 Amharas. So in any large groups of Amharas there will always be T carriers.

Yes do you think somalis started living in the region in 1800s?
Somalis have existed there way before the oromo expansion of 1600s

i doubt very much that somalis live in the highlands, if so, it's a handful.
the oromo have been there since the 13th century, if not before.
but keep lying to yourself, if it makes you feel better.

convincation

VIP
i doubt very much that somalis live in the highlands, if so, it's a handful.
the oromo have been there since the 13th century, if not before.
but keep lying to yourself, if it makes you feel better.
Didn’t the oromo expansion take place in the 15th century and even later on towards the highlands?