How is it possible that an Ethiopian Amhara is my third cousin on 23andMe?

Didn’t the oromo expansion take place in the 15th century and even later on towards the highlands?
Yes but certain oromo groups were within the borders of what we call ethiopia, since at least the 13th century, some became christians and rose in the ranks of the abyssinian army, etc.

They exist, but it is not the majority lineage. Dirs and Hawiyes had historical interaction. The Fiqishini Hawiyes are mostly T.
Yes but certain oromo groups were within the borders of what we call ethiopia, since at least the 13th century, some became christians and rose in the ranks of the abyssinian army, etc.
Eastern Cushites were in Ethiopia and Eritrea for over 5000 years. Oromo were in Ethiopia before 13th Century.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
They exist, but it is not the majority lineage. Dirs and Hawiyes had historical interaction. The Fiqishini Hawiyes are mostly T.
Didn’t you say fiqishiji are probably surre who just claimed cayr? The only hawiye that may be T would be murusade/karanle but abgaals are definitely not T

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Are you sure those groups aren’t just other ethnic groups that assimilated into the oromo nation once the oromo expansion took place?

Didn’t you say fiqishiji are probably surre who just claimed cayr? The only hawiye that may be T would be murusade/karanle but abgaals are definitely not T
Have you seen Muruursade that are haplogroup T? My friend is murusade Adam shsrif Sabti sub clan of murusade. He is EV32.

My reer Abti’s are forculus murusade, I’m gonna try getting my mum to do a test to see if the T myth is true or not

So far, Hawiye are Majority E-V32. But, you guys need to do Big Y test to see which version of
E-V32/Somali you carry. It will good to test Karanle/murursade since they are very old hawiye
Clan.

Are you sure those groups aren’t just other ethnic groups that assimilated into the oromo nation once the oromo expansion took place?

there were oromo groups in that general area, but yes, they did assimilate people after the conquests/expansions. somalis assimilated some oromos too-the warday are of oromo origin, for example.

there were oromo groups in that general area, but yes, they did assimilate people after the conquests/expansions. somalis assimilated some oromos too-the warday are of oromo origin, for example.
Aby Ahmed is from Sade tribe of Oromo. You have Sade Somalis and Oromo. Sade tribe were originally from Hararge and Afar region.

Like afran qallo being of somali origin.

a lot of them are, for sure, they were assimilated, but the original group, was oromo in origin, then they expanded, and assimilated their neighbors, we trace their ancestry back to bareentu, which is a major family or ''moiety'' of the oromo, the other being borana.

Cerberus

I started my own security company Cerberus.
VIP
This person has either lost his connection to a Somali grandparent or there was deception and lie that happened somewhere in his linage.
I am in your boat too man, I believe it may come from the Oromo's that are closer to Somalis. That Ogadeenia or area in between Somalia and Ethiopia. I was surprised too. I got a woman named Sartu who shares some of my Somali DNA but I don't have any of her Ethiopian DNA but Living DNA says I got 6% Arab in me while 23andMe just says I am 100% Somali.

Cerberus

I started my own security company Cerberus.
VIP
This person has either lost his connection to a Somali grandparent or there was deception and lie that happened somewhere in his linage.
He has 20% Somali in him according to 23andMe and he doesn't believe that he has 20% Somali? lol that is funny. Tell him bro the DNA doesn't lie, you got 20% Somali in you. Some Somali's got Ethiopian in them too. I've seen Somali's with up to 20% Ethiopian in them.

Trending