How Geography Doomed Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Nice one. Thanks for posting.

You know, recently i watched a documentary on Netflix. It showed how the Romans basically destroyed the Celtics into none existent. Eradicating their tribe and language and assimilated them into civilization of Roman style. The Romans however did not reach Scotland and wales. They still had barbaric tribe and language for a long time due to the Scott land highlands being so far for the Romans to reach or be bothered by

Maybe the entire continent of Africa needs an empire like the Romans to destroy them and indoctrinate them into one language. One people. Certainly European colonization failed to do that.

I recommend the Islamic state of Caliphate. Allaahu Akbaar

Apollo

VIP
Lol, that climate map is wrong. It includes Somalia as being similar to the Sahara while it is more like the Sahel belt.

Also, most of Botswana is like Somalia, not like the Sahara.

Shitty paint job.

World

VIP
The lack of a cold sterilizing winter that kills off many disease carrying insects that
rampage through tropical areas.

Lack of easily domesticable draft animals. But if many of the disease carrying insects that exist in Sub Saharan Africa were killed off, then horses and cattle (which cannot survive) could have been used.

Apollo

VIP
The lack of a cold sterilizing winter that kills off many disease carrying insects that
rampage through tropical areas.

Lack of easily domesticable draft animals. But if many of the disease carrying insects that exist in Sub Saharan Africa were killed off, then horses and cattle (which cannot survive) could have been used.

Suugo theory:

Whenever it is above 30 C I feel like I have lost at least 5-10 IQ points. :siilaanyolaugh:

World

VIP
The Mali expire expanded during a climate shift, the colder climate pushed back the insects that attacked livestock(tsetse fly, etc), allowing Mali to use cavalry more effectively allowing for easier control over the settlements they ruled. When the climate again warmed, Mali empire contracted.

I was hopeful on Africa, but these insane birth rates got me gloomy. They need to stop having so many damn babies.
I think it will slow down eventually. Didn’t every continent have an insane birth rate during development?
Also African countries have very high infant mortality rates. I don’t know if those are accounted for in projections of Africas population boom.

I think it will slow down eventually. Didn’t every continent have an insane birth rate during development?
Also African countries have very high infant mortality rates. I don’t know if those are accounted for in projections of Africas population boom.
Nigeria is projected to have a larger population than the USA by 2050:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...2013/jun/13/nigeria-larger-population-us-2050

The quality life is already crap & it'll only get worse.

Lol, that climate map is wrong. It includes Somalia as being similar to the Sahara while it is more like the Sahel belt.

Also, most of Botswana is like Somalia, not like the Sahara.

Shitty paint job.
They probably think we have a MENA climate due to us being part of the arab league :mjlol:

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
What type of Somalis are you guys bismillah.:mugshotman:

Kullaha "Can't breath and function above 20C". Well I go outside with a polar shirt and jeans in 40C+ weather without sweating.:siilaanyosmile:

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
This still does not explain Somalia!

From Awdal to Jubaland, most of the country shares one culture, one language, one religion, one ethnicity, and share mostly the same climate all around yet we still managed to f*ck up.

68 low IQ at its finest.

Explain me the bantu expansion than?? This is bullshit people back than (in some parts of sub saharan africa) didn't feel the need to start an empire

I was hopeful on Africa, but these insane birth rates got me gloomy. They need to stop having so many damn babies.
Economic growth is the best contraceptive. I've heard that the world population will not exceed 9b.

The Asian countries (some Western) will face big problems due to a shrinking younger workforce while the elderly over 65 with no contribution to production or consumption in the economy will increase in size.

China and Japan face these problems now, but I think Japan is threatened by a real imploding market, while China can do something drastic due to it not being democratic.

Africa's high fertility rate will balance out this Western and Eastern decreasing population, but every single country in that continent is poor. That means the amount of value in human capital in the Worlds population will go down.

This prediction might also be wrong due to the world not being static. We see that countries that have had good economic growth in Africa have decreased fertility rates. It's interesting that Djibouti's fertility rate is at 2.31 (2017 est.) while Somalia is at 6.27.

And the Asian countries like Japan and China can fix their problems by letting their Asian neighbors immigrate and help with the production, improve technology so it can replace most industries, and implement shorter work hours so people can have enough time to be humans which leads to people making more babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending