How fast Somaliland gives up separatism if large oil reserves are found in Somalia ?

How fast Somaliland gives up separatism if large oil reserves are found in Somalia ?

• Total voters
I think Somaliland will come back within 1 to 3 years and negotiate a deal where they become an autonomous region of Somalia, similar to Zanzibar.

Based

VIP
These threads are stupid. They've been working 30 years for their recognition do you really think they'll just dump all that progress because of some oil :francis: think sxb. Think

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
If Somalia has oil, odds are SL will have some deposits.

Nothing will ever bring SL to abandon secession except for good faith negotiations that brings closure to all parties.

They won't come back and we should all move on. I wouldn't want Isaaq to forever rule my people if that was the price for SL returning to us

If Somalia has oil, odds are SL will have some deposits.

Nothing will ever bring SL to abandon secession except for good faith negotiations that brings closure to all parties.
Who says Somalia will allow Somaliland to extract the oil?

why do you the future is oil when there is climate change? somalia might've become rich 20 years ago, the time has passed, but other sources of income is possible...

Our sovereignty is not for sell not now, not ever, am tired of these idiots making these nonsense Somaliland threads everyday.
Bro your president robs land plots from his citizens. Everything is for sale in Somaliland. Stop being so gullible.

They wouldn’t come back anytime soon even South Somalia turns Singapore in less than decade.They can have their triangle and let the SSC go if not punt-land and federal government to join forces and take this region by force and see the whole ictiraaf nonsense crumble in a heartbeat.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
By now people must realize that the political class in Somaliland have zero intentions to get recognized as a sovereign nation.

They just pocked their money.

If they receive more this way they will go for it

Somaliland didn’t become independent from somali politics for 30+ years to come back to Xamar just to get a share of oil. They’re secession is based on what they believe is right and that the “union” failed from day 1. They are not sellouts. Even their MPs selected in Muqdisho don’t ever leave Banadir. Their point is clear.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
I think Somaliland will come back within 1 to 3 years and negotiate a deal where they become an autonomous region of Somalia, similar to Zanzibar.
What is this oil you keep talking about? You mean the same oil that is in jubaland that the somali gouverment doesnt control and if they pulled this out it will go straight in to madobe pocket? Do you mean that oil
seefarmaajo.png

What is this oil you keep talking about? You mean the same oil that is in jubaland that the somali gouverment doesnt control and if they pulled this out it will go straight in to madobe pocket? Do you mean that oil View attachment 205821
Since when did madobe command a navy?

Anyways if oil is actually found I have no doubt they'll all put differences aside.

And to answer OP......its not the potential of revenue sharing In itself that would make their leaders give up their goal of recognition.....its that the people of SL would vote with their feet....

There will be huge amount of basic infrastructure just to make the project feasible and people will go where the jobs are. The cities and economies of the south would be a lot more vibrant and leave SL to the dust. There would be no one of working age left in Hargeisa. People will go where the jobs are and alone will bring huge political pressure on SL to at least get some action.

Further, let's hope they don't come around. They'll never get recognition anyway so why not just keep that money.

Last edited:

Reborn
OP has less than 74 messages and has already made 4 useless threads within the last 6 weeks on Somaliland. Is Somaliland that much on your mind?

:mjlol::mjkkk::ummhmm::tacky::stressed::reallymaury::holeup::damnmusic:

Let me help you with your next thread title

"Can Somalia military take over Somaliland?"

1635953162230.png

1635953179491.png

1635953327068.png

1635953709706.png

GemState

36/21
VIP
By 2030 they'll probably give up, something has to give in their approach.

If the Congo, a bigger hellhole than Somalia didn't break up despite people literally eating each other, I highly doubt Somalia will.

So just one clan wants to go its own way and establish a Country? I don't mean to offend, but it doesn't seem to have a profound enough reason for secession, and I don't see any quarter of the international community recognising it.