How fast Somaliland gives up separatism if large oil reserves are found in Somalia ?

How fast Somaliland gives up separatism if large oil reserves are found in Somalia ?

• Total voters

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
maybe not the triangle, but the rest of woqooy will want to live in oil-rich country
What oil rich country
seefarmaajo.png

Question to mr steal your naag

Would you return to Somalia if it became as wealthy as a Western Nation?

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Question to mr steal your naag

Would you return to Somalia if it became as wealthy as a Western Nation?
It will never become wealthy like a western country and that is not only somalia but all african countries. There is not 1 african country that is wealthy and were people live good

It will never become wealthy like a western country and that is not only somalia but all african countries. There is not 1 african country that is wealthy and were people live good

It's a hypothetical, mate.

What if it reached the level of a middle income Nation like Malaysia?

:cosbyhmm: :cosbyhmm: Question: To Reer Waaqoyi What Will Happnened To Berbera Port Now That Ethiopia Is In Disarray Since They Have A Stack In It

:damnmusic::damnmusic::dwill::gaasdrink:

@Neero I just can't see Ethiopia disintegrating or becoming a failed state, neither the West nor the China/Russia duo would allow that. Probably Berbera deal will still go ahead

Som

VIP
I'm not so sure that they'll abandon separstism even in that case. Somaliland leaders hate Somalia and the rest of somalis.
Even if they chose to come back (which will never happen) I think Somalia should refuse because Somaliland's presence in the Union will bring more instability as they will turn their backs on us at the first difficulty.

Som

VIP
So just one clan wants to go its own way and establish a Country? I don't mean to offend, but it doesn't seem to have a profound enough reason for secession, and I don't see any quarter of the international community recognising it.
Somaliland's claim is weaker than most separstist claims in Africa precisely because it's about tribalism. Sudan vs south sudan or biafra vs Nigeria was about different ethnic groups. Somalis on the other hand are the same people from north to south even though Somalilanders don't like to admit it

Som

VIP
Even though I'm pro Somaliweyn I have to admit that somaliland and somalia should probably never unite again. Many somalilander politicians were against unity from day one, the people turned against Somalia as soon as the first problems started after the 1977 war. Landers were against Siad Barre like many other groups but they are the only ones who pushed for separation even after Siad was kicked out.
Somaliland's essence is separatist and anti somalia at it's core and this will never change. It's better to let them go than to have an unloyal territory

Somaliland's claim is weaker than most separstist claims in Africa precisely because it's about tribalism. Sudan vs south sudan or biafra vs Nigeria was about different ethnic groups. Somalis on the other hand are the same people from north to south even though Somalilanders don't like to admit it

Its a shame Somalian nationalists feel they must resort to lying to strengthen their arguments against Somaliland. Biafra has a much weaker legal case than Somaliland.

Legally speaking, Somaliland probably has the strongest case of any current de facto state.

ajy37.png

Trending

Latest posts