How Do You Guys Identify In Society

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I identify myself to people as of Darod ethnicity, region Puntland, but my nation is Somalia. I educate as many people as possible that Somalia is a melting pot of various groups who came through-out history who use the Somali language as a lingua franca to communicate and intermingled. I use the example of Australia how it's a melting pot of many ethnicities even though they may be from the same nation, but that doesn't mean they are from the same ethnicity. I want people to start looking at Somali as many ethnicities such as darod, hawiye, dir, rahanwayn, arabs, bantu. Who agrees with me?

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Somalis are Somalis. It is ethnicity and not nationality as in the immigrant countries like the US, Canada and Australia.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Somalis are Somalis. It is ethnicity and not nationality as in the immigrant countries like the US, Canada and Australia.

Somalia is a country of immigrants, we don't own this land natively, their has been an on-going in and out migration into Somalia from many ethnic groups over the mellenias. Heck they still migrate into other country borders like Kenya, so if they start speaking swahili, are they now Kenyan? the same is for Somalia, the common language is Somali, not a common origin.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I tell people we are one people, one language and our country is Somalia. Tbh most ajnabis just filter out everything u say to them except buzzwords like ‘Somalia’ ‘pirates’ ‘black hawk down’. :)

To foreigners, I identify as only Somali

To Somalis, I Identify as a Somali (In real life, I don’t talk about qabiil and I don’t mention it, that would be weird)

Last edited:

MuktarMohammed

مُخْتَارُ مُحَمَّد
I identify myself to people as of Darod ethnicity, region Puntland, but my nation is Somalia. I educate as many people as possible that Somalia is a melting pot of various groups who came through-out history who use the Somali language as a lingua franca to communicate and intermingled. I use the example of Australia how it's a melting pot of many ethnicities even though they may be from the same nation, but that doesn't mean they are from the same ethnicity. I want people to start looking at Somali as many ethnicities such as darod, hawiye, dir, rahanwayn, arabs, bantu. Who agrees with me?
Daarood isn't an ethnicity, it's a clan sxb. Your ethno-nationality is Somali

MuktarMohammed

مُخْتَارُ مُحَمَّد
Somalia is a country of immigrants, we don't own this land natively, their has been an on-going in and out migration into Somalia from many ethnic groups over the mellenias. Heck they still migrate into other country borders like Kenya, so if they start speaking swahili, are they now Kenyan? the same is for Somalia, the common language is Somali, not a common origin.
The main ethnic group in Somalia is the Somali ethnic group
Kkkk we’re big enough to be an ethnicity
Not really.

MuktarMohammed

مُخْتَارُ مُحَمَّد
Main ethnic group in Somalia is the Somali ethnic group 85% of people in Somalia. 15% of the minority population are Benaadiris, Xamar Cad Cads, & Somali Bantus. Only the Somali ethnic group in native, everyone else is a foreigner.

Trending

Latest posts