How do you guys feel about Cadaanifying your resume by using a nickname.

nickname on resume.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your name is your heritage and using a nickname is disrespecting it. Unless you have a name that isn't truly Somali name, then go ahead.

That shit is fucked no matter what. Wallahi, when I was but a 7 year old boy I knew a Somali girl named Emily, and even at that age I knew that shit was fucked up. Don't go the way of the indhoyars.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Lol no one can pronounce my name. No one. I feel fake when I make even easier for them to pronounce. Who knows the future.
I'd recommend you shorter you name but don't change it to an cadaan name. Imagine if a somali sees you and they introduce you to them as Mark.
I'd probably slap you ceebta

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
I let ppl call me Mo at work, but I ain't putting that in my resume, you need to have respect for yourself... :birdman:

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
Whites already cadaanify my name for me. Never knew it was so hard for them to pronounce Somali names ffs. :bell:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Won't they see your black ass when you come in for an interview?

Disrespecting the name your parents gave you just so you could pass the first door isn't worth it.

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity
both my first and second name are hard to pronounce somali names, no way around it

so I just roll with it but correcting people 24/7 can get annoying :noneck:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending