How do I get out of jury duty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
I actually got jury duty papers sent to me earlier this week from the Sheriff's Office. I ripped it up and threw it in the garbage. It's a lie that they'll charge you if you don't report to jury duty selection.
I don’t think that’s true in the States. I believe we get fined here. There are differences, you know. I’ve been told they make Australians vote. Well, over here jury duty is required from what I understand.

@Reiko Just go, you get excused off work for it. They’re required by law to let you go.

I don’t think that’s true in the States. I believe we get fined here. There are differences, you know. I’ve been told they make Australians vote. Well, over here jury duty is required from what I understand.

@Reiko Just go, you get excused off work for it. They’re required by law to let you go.

VixR

Both are mandatory here and attracts a fine. However, when a friend was called as a juror, he told them during the jury selection process that he followed the case online and has a certain opinion on it. He was dismissed.

Last edited:

Yes we do get fined.

Usually telling them you are racially biased gets you off.

FendiFanatic

Freedom of Speech
I actually got jury duty papers sent to me earlier this week from the Sheriff's Office. I ripped it up and threw it in the garbage. It's a lie that they'll charge you if you don't report to jury duty selection.
Shut the f*ck up nigga you live in Ontario there ain’t no sheriff

Shut the f*ck up nigga you live in Ontario there ain’t no sheriff

Do you have low IQ? Do you even know what Sheriffs do in Ontario? They are the police of the courts and also provide warrants and subpeonas and jury duty notices. They also come with the banks and landlord to kick you out of your home if you dont pay your rent or mortgage. Did you not pay attention in school? Are you stupid? It's not the same like other "Sheriffs" around the world.

:gucciwhat:

It said Sheriff's Office Jury Administration on the envelope. It came from Oshawa.

There are certain questions they will ask to make sure you don't have any biases, just fail those.

Or.. You could go and spill the juicy criminal court details. What if its a murder trial, do you want to miss that?!

FendiFanatic

Freedom of Speech
Do you have low IQ? Do you even know what Sheriffs do in Ontario? They are the police of the courts and also provide warrants and subpeonas and jury duty notices. They also come with the banks and landlord to kick you out of your home if you dont pay your rent or mortgage. Did you not pay attention in school? Are you stupid? It's not the same like other "Sheriffs" around the world.

:gucciwhat:

It said Sheriff's Office Jury Administration on the envelope. It came from Oshawa.
Damn nigga why you gotta catch feelings tho what block u from since u wanna act like a big boy

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
When i was chosen for jury duty, i told them dont speak English or understand it.

Gambar

VIP
I did mine last year I actually enjoyed it tbh
Lots of tea was spilled :gaasdrink:
Nobody has time for that at 8am. My eyes are barely still open and I am cranky wakhtigaas.

Naa heedhe @Reiko they will disqualify you anyway. Most of the time you don’t get selected. I had to go recently as well and I pretended I didn’t know any English. They let me go.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Nobody has time for that at 8am. My eyes are barely still open and I am cranky wakhtigaas.

Naa heedhe @Reiko they will disqualify you anyway. Most of the time you don’t get selected. I had to go recently as well and I pretended I didn’t know any English. They let me go.

I hope so..... :liberaltears:

How's the little one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts