How do I build confidence?

Embrace death but don't glamorize it. Focus on yourself and your family. Go to a boxing gym and spar with someone. After a couple of punches to your face you will eventually learn to stop flinching.

how do I build confidence? i’d say i’m a pretty good looking guy, i’m 6’2 and I workout daily. but i have 0 confidence/self esteem and anxiety from when i used to be bullied. tips?
Exposure therapy sxb, repeatedly expose yourself to situations that make you feel uncomfortable/anxious etc. The more you socialize and speak to people, the better you'll get at it, it's like anything else in life. Get out of your comfort zone.

Defiantly join an MMA/Muay Thai gym like others have suggested. Even if you if you don't think you'll need it, trust me it works wonder for your self-esteem. You'll get the absolute shit kicked out of you during sparring, but being able to get up and carry on will make you respect yourself a little bit more after every session.

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
how do I build confidence? i’d say i’m a pretty good looking guy, i’m 6’2 and I workout daily. but i have 0 confidence/self esteem and anxiety from when i used to be bullied. tips?

You build confidence by doing whatever it is you need confidence for repeatedly until it's just part of your routine. Do you need confidence to brush your teeth? Lace your shoes? Walk? Write?

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
The first thing to do is to change how your mind views you. Seems silly but try, standing in front of the mirror. Looking yourself in the eyes and saying positive things. For example ‘I am hard working’, ‘I am strong willed’, ‘I am honest’, focus on your strengths, and even if you feel you have non - fake it. The human mind is remarkably malleable.

Another thing you can do is to say alxamdulilah and show gratitude for the things in your life.

Last but most crucial. Remember, you are a creation of the All Mighty, and this world is nothing but an illusion. Don’t take it too seriously. Everyone has their flaws, everyone has their strength, you are no less, and no more. Don’t worry about comparing yourself, keep Allah in your heart and focus on yourself.

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
Some peeps here are saying you’ll grow out of it, but we all know 30+ year olds are riddled with anxiety and insecurity.

Life is hard and full of steep curves. It never hurts to start learning how to deal with it early on.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Practice doing what you feel makes you uncomfortable and also as you grow, you will look at your past and say "wow, I lacked confidence then and now I'm confident"

Take classes for confidence if you really mean it. Remember you don't have to be perfect, don't worry about not being perfect as that reduces your confidence and makes you worry.

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
I don't like to fight though, and I'm pretty built and tall so I won't be confronted any time soon. I want to build confidence so in large group settings, I'm not so shy/quiet. It's also hard for me to talk to girls without feeling this pain in my stomach.
idk I find it cute when boys stutter tryna make conversation with me :stressed:

Trending