How common are Xabashi - Somali marriages in the west?

Its my time to shine, I will marry either oromo or habesha muslim qalanjo, the number of our marriages are too low
Will Do GIF by CBC

North americans come in here, almost all the oromo/somali or habesha/somali and eritrean/somali I have seen online has been from North America.

It seems its fairly common where somalis and other horners live closely.

There are not that many Ethiopians in Europe. Most Habeshas I see are all Eritrean.

So do you guys marry Eritreans in Europe? It must be easier as Eritrea doesn't currently occupy Somali territory...or is that generally irrelevant?

i have a cousin that married a habesha woman. Our family hated it because she was christian. 9 years later, they're still married with 2 kids, and the children attend quran school and have muslim names.

I've been to addis ababa a couple times. I have to admit they have a lot hotter girls the Somalis. Probably not face wise but body wise its not even close. There chicks are way fitter. You will see 8, 9, 10 everywhere on the streets

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
Two family friends of ours are married to oromo.

A co worker of mine who is tigaray in his 40’s told me he had a somali gf in xamar and had a baby with her and lost contact when the war happened.

Somali-oroma marriage is pretty common not only in the west but back in somalia too, infact my father's first cousin got married to one oromo guy and been married for 30 yrs.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
My uncle is half ethiopian. His mum is part arsi oromo and part amhara from addis but she grew up in Mogadishu so speaks fluent somali, oromo and amharic. My uncle only speaks somali tho but he reps his Ethiopian side proudly

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
So do you guys marry Eritreans in Europe? It must be easier as Eritrea doesn't currently occupy Somali territory...or is that generally irrelevant?
Nah politics and marriage is separated. Somalis only really heavily intermarry with one Ethiopian ethnic group and that’s oromos since the ones we boarder are Muslims and genetically pretty much the exact same as us

Trending