How come Djibouti kids in Canada can speak fluent Somali but Somalia/land kids can't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlog

VIP
Anyone else notice this? I'm talking about those born here

Their Somali is good but the others have difficulty speaking.

I think research should be done on this.

Djiboutians are speaking English, French and Somali while Somalia/land kids can only speak English.

gtfoh adeer, That's a big fat lie.
Grownup djibootys speak Somali like my nephew who's barely 2 years.
They say "maah" after every 2 words.
Let alone ones born and bred here.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
speak for yourself, i speak 3 languages, somali included. and most somalis i know can speak somali as well. their accents might be slightly off but its good. the djaboutians i met in ottawa could barely put a sentence together but they speak perfect french. if anyone needs help its them. in a few generations they wont even consider themselves somali

Leur francais n'est pas bon. Quand ils entrent l'immersion francais vous pouvez entrendre une difference.

The rest have virtually no understanding of the language besides simple words and conjugations.

Canada is a wasteland for foreign languages. Even the Serbs (who are usually impeccable orators in their own language) are losing their way

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
Leur francais n'est pas bon. Quand ils entrent l'immersion francais vous pouvez entrendre une difference.

The rest have virtually no understanding of the language besides simple words and conjugations.

Canada is a wasteland for foreign languages. Even the Serbs (who are usually impeccable orators in their own language) are losing their way
"Their French is not good. When they enter French immersion you (can see?) a difference." How did I do?

EDIT: regardez is see so what does entrendre mean?

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
No, they mostly live in Ottawa.

But there is a community of Djiboutians and Somalia/land Somalis in Montreal.

My boy told me it's mostly isaaq Somalis who chill in Montreal and the Isa folk migrated to towns and suburbs.

Somaliland folk be brave as shit to raise their kids in a place that has English and French as usable languages and very morbid social services.

Thatsomaligirl

Loves milk is lactose intolerant, kill me
You know dutch. I know a few words of French. I'm actually jealous of you.

Never used that app, just used the website when I'm at home. It's pretty good, but it can get a little repetitive.
Then you must be even more jealous of me since I understand both.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts