How come Djibouti kids in Canada can speak fluent Somali but Somalia/land kids can't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice this? I'm talking about those born here

Their Somali is good but the others have difficulty speaking.

I think research should be done on this.

Djiboutians are speaking English, French and Somali while Somalia/land kids can only speak English.

Djiboutian parents tend to send their kids to French immersion instead of regular English schools. Plus they learn Somali at home

Djiboutian parents tend to send their kids to French immersion instead of regular English schools. Plus they learn Somali at home
L6aEi1w.png

speak for yourself, i speak 3 languages, somali included. and most somalis i know can speak somali as well. their accents might be slightly off but its good. the djaboutians i met in ottawa could barely put a sentence together but they speak perfect french. if anyone needs help its them. in a few generations they wont even consider themselves somali

Generally speaking , children of Djiboutian , Isaac , Harti waqooyi immigrants speak better Somali than those who were formerly under the Italian somaliland protectorate .

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
This doesn't apply to all diaspora kids. I personally speak three languages, Swedish, English and Somali. Currently studying a fourth one. And after that hopefully a fifth one. Language is a passion of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts