How can Somali Men improve?

Hello I am new here. I've noticed there's a lot of interesting discussion on here and I have contributed towards some. There appears to be a lot of discussion around 'Somali men are trash' and 'ashy abdi' or even Somali men being beta and cucks or even worse societal outcasts because they are in prison, criminals or deadbeat dads.

As with most of these discussions, we tend to go round in circles, regurgitating our usual positions on the matter and nothing is ever achieved. So I would like to propose two threads, the first one - How can Somali Men improve?, is really an opportunity to look within ourselves and to critically assess how we as men can improve. I would also like to suggest doing a follow up thread on how 'How can Somali women improve?'

If I were to start, I think its really important that Somali men stop all this bravado and hyper-masculinity. Its dangerous and usually ends in prison or death

Thank you for creating this thread.

1. Take your mental health seriously
And by that I mean don’t escape your problems by staying indoors and playing video games. Go and see a therapist who can help you.

2. Respect and support the women in your community.

3. Remove the idea that you have ownership of women.

4. Educate yourself in different perspectives- don’t be ignorant.

5. Start cleaning! No this is not the responsibility of the women in your life- this is yours. How do you expect us to respect when you can’t even clean up your own mess.

6) Then get a PAWG

:ooh:

Be less like Jamaac, more like Jamal :2tjlv3e:

And by that I mean don’t escape reality by staying indoors and playing video games. Go and see a therapist who can help you.

2. Respect and support the women in your community. Who knows they might start respecting you back.

3. Remove the idea that you have ownership of women. You only end up disappointed when you finally realise that pussy is not yours to police.

4. Educate yourself in different perspectives- don’t be ignorant. Too often I’ve seen Somali men being dogmatic in one way of thinking- nowadays it seems a lot of them are following lonely red pillers off a cliff.

5. Start cleaning! No this is not the responsibility of the women in your life- this is yours. How do you expect us to respect you when you can’t even clean up your own mess.

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP

And by that I mean don’t escape reality by staying indoors and playing video games. Go and see a therapist who can help you.

2. Respect and support the women in your community. Who knows they might start respecting you back.

3. Remove the idea that you have ownership of women. You only end up disappointed when you finally realise that pussy is not yours to police.

4. Educate yourself in different perspectives- don’t be ignorant. Too often I’ve seen Somali men being dogmatic in one way of thinking- nowadays it seems a lot of them are following lonely red pillers off a cliff.

5. Start cleaning! No this is not the responsibility of the women in your life- this is yours. How do you expect us to respect you when you can’t even clean up your own mess.
Also I would like to add on, please take personal hygiene very serious. Nobody likes bo smelly farah also change your boxer everyday.
Take daily shower, moisturise especially the legs, knees, elbows etc that’s tend to be ashy, cut your nails and personal grooming. Sometime I see potential good looking Farah with funny beard growing on cheeks. Please fix it if u have this problem. That’s my 2cents. Peace :icon rolleyes:

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
Don't get involved in gang /thug life . Too many young Somali lose their lives over rubbish or end up in prison .

Take care of your mental health .

Go to the gym .

Be generous .

Thanks for this interesting list. I agree with most of what you said. But I think there is too much emphasis on the power relations with women in your analysis. There are bigger issues for Somali men than your supposed ownership of women.

I absolutely agree with you on mental health, its either staying indoors being obese or in the streets up to no good. In the early days there were youth clubs, community events and people were more connected to the mosques . I feel there's a complete lack of organised social activities for young men, this affects these social and communications skills. It would appear other communities are more socially connected than us. Our young men are being neglected, have no platform for meaningful purpose and its easy to see why things are the way they are.

Don't get involved in gang /thug life . Too many young Somali lose their lives over rubbish or end up in prison .

Take care of your mental health .

Go to the gym .

Be generous .

The vast majority of us are from deprived socio-economic background, and live in areas where poverty is high and where poor public services whether schools, hospitals are overstretched and under-performing. We are set for failure from the get-go, we just don't realise it.

UK, American and Canadian prisons are filled with Somalis, who should have never been there in the first place. How has this happened and what has gone wrong?

How can you encourage a young man who makes in excess of £1,000 a week to work the entire month for that same amount. Young people have developed consumerist culture, where they need the latest of everything. This puts a strain on the relationships between parents and young people.

We are not just unemployed but underemployed across all industries. Highly skilled Somalis are languishing in dead-end careers without any prospects for promotion, all because of discrimination.

Here is some valuable insight. You can provide the heavens to a girl and she would find a way to be upset at your offerings. I've noticed that women do not tend to remember your past beneficiary actions and instead look at your efforts partially at the present. Xalimos will always have bone to pick with us. it is the law of the world. :fittytousand:. Its why all these white women complain daily at their men and call them all these derogatory names. Even though they were the ones who sustained these women. :russ::russ:. Look into ways of improving yourself through your own personal volition, be it economically or physical health. you'll derive a much greater sense of self worth, and of course the women will flock. :icon lol:

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Thanks for this interesting list. I agree with most of what you said. But I think there is too much emphasis on the power relations with women in your analysis. There are bigger issues for Somali men than your supposed ownership of women.

I absolutely agree with you on mental health, its either staying indoors being obese or in the streets up to no good. In the early days there were youth clubs, community events and people were more connected to the mosques . I feel there's a complete lack of organised social activities for young men, this affects these social and communications skills. It would appear other communities are more socially connected than us. Our young men are being neglected, have no platform for meaningful purpose and its easy to see why things are the way they are.

Here's the thing Asians help each other out

Jews help each other out

Somalis help their Qabiil

I don’t know what young Somali guys can do to improve themselves if their life isn’t going on a good trajectory but what they can do is make sure the same doesn’t happen to their future kids.
I think most of the problems in the Somali community in the west can be fixed with better parenting.

Somalis have a dozen kids they can’t support financially nor emotionally and then wonder why some of their kids don’t do well or become ciyaal suuq. There’s more to parenting than just providing them food to eat and clothes to wear.