How accurate is 23andme cousins?

darkarabian56

arabianking
Well i met a third cousin from United arab Emirates and she look very similar to me.My second cousin from Jordan look super similar to me almost a twin.I guess because my dad's family practices incest. Ye i think the cousins thing legit at least for me.

Bohol

VIP
@Apollo can your father's mother side cause noise in the dna relatives? my father mother was HJ so a lot of those relatives could be from that side rather than the assumed SY side. I will have to cancel out that noise somehow as it can cause confusion for the research.

Apollo

VIP
@Apollo can your father's mother side cause noise in the dna relatives? my father mother was HJ so a lot of those relatives could be from that side rather than the assumed SY side. I will have to cancel out that noise somehow as it can cause confusion for the research.

You can't really tell from which side a connection comes (unless you are like half Chinese). Only way to tell for sure is to test at least one parent and then 23andme will tell you from which side of the family the connection comes. Some people are even testing their grandparents just in case because when they pass away you can never test them again (I haven't done so, but :lol: thought of it).

darkarabian56

arabianking
You can't really tell from which side a connection comes (unless one is like half Chinese). Only way to tell for sure is to test at least one parent and then 23andme will tell you from which side of the family the connection comes. Some people are even testing their grandparents just in case because when they pass away you can never test them again (I haven't done so, but :lol: thought of it).
You should get your grand parents test fr because some people don't even have that option.

Bohol

VIP
You can't really tell from which side a connection comes (unless you are like half Chinese). Only way to tell for sure is to test at least one parent and then 23andme will tell you from which side of the family the connection comes. Some people are even testing their grandparents just in case because when they pass away you can never test them again (I haven't done so, but :lol: thought of it).

Check out the Welsh girl I matched with (fourth cousin). It shows her paternal grandfather was born in Somalia and the rest is Welsh origin.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Bohol

VIP
Found the first cousin whose family I recognized. A Ogaden with LL reer
abti/grandmother ( we are third cousins). Met his brother in UAE years ago. 23andme
seems to work afterall.

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
Anyone have AA relatives? I know some Somali's settled in NYC in the 20's and 30's and married AA women. I saw one AA lady online years ago claiming her grandpa was a Somali.

Ye, I do. A woman named crystal vick and from her maternal haplogroup (L1c1a1a1a) it’s probably her mum that’s the AA. Judging by her name then, and the reason she’s on 23andme to begin with, my guess is that her dad hit it and quit it wecelkaa
:hmm:

Ye, I do. A woman named crystal vick and from her maternal haplogroup (L1c1a1a1a) it’s probably her mum that’s the AA. Judging by her name then, and the reason she’s on 23andme to begin with, my guess is that her dad hit it and quit it wecelkaa
:hmm:
:deadpeter::deadpeter::deadpeter:
Did you see her autosomal results?

Apparently I am third cousins with this half white chick it would mean she is the descendant of my great grandparent sibling. My great grandfather brother use to live in the UK in the 1940s so it is possible.

Was your grandfather a sailer like those abbey farah ciise muuse?

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
I tried out to see if their cousin matching system was legitimate and tested a person whom I know in real life and share a great-great grandfather with and he came out as 1.5% shared with 7 segments. So I don't think it is false.

I don’t think it’s correct saxiib I’m apparently 4th or 5th cousins with 100% cadaans except I’m 0%:draketf: absolute shambles

Apollo

VIP
I don’t think it’s correct saxiib I’m apparently 4th or 5th cousins with 100% cadaans except I’m 0%:draketf: absolute shambles

Sometimes it fuckes up, but 98 out of a 100 times the relationships are correct. Those are the 2 out of a 100 f*ck ups.

Trending

Latest posts