Horn African Christians or Somali Bantu Muslims?

Which group do you feel closer to?

• Horn African Christians

• Somali Bantu Muslims

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tukraq

VIP
no race :siilaanyolaugh:

just kidding even the arabs get along with arab christians
rather then ajnabi muslims heck in egypt they treat coptic egyptians as egyptians and nubians as forrighners often racially abusing them

even in the quran it states the importance of how allah seperated us in to many nations, so thats a reason why i choose habesha christians besides somali bantus hate us for slavery and want to return home maany already returned home
Did you miss tribes? It’s implied

Even those who have voted out of religious reason would still object to their sister marrying a Madowweyne.

There was no option: ''Neither''.
True sxb. Nonetheless, the average Somali will always ally himself with a fellow Muslim when it comes to politics, war etc, even though they'd prefer their sisters to marry within the Somali nation.

Religion is usually No.1, with ethnicity coming in at a close second.

Tukraq

VIP
Muslim men are allowed to marry Christians.
You said sister, nobody would object to a brother marrying a Madowweyne women lol, but if it’s your sister marrying a Somali Bantu Muslim or an Ethiopian Christian you choose the Muslim Somali bantu 10/10

Apollo

VIP
People hate on Christians here too much. They are largely peaceful people who mind their own business.

Look at the behavior of Egyptian Copts vs regular Egyptians. Egyptian Copts have better socioeconomic status in Egypt and don't cause troubles while the Muslim Egyptians constantly attack them.

Apollo

VIP
You're letting your racism clout your judgment. Somali Bantus speak the same language as us (af Maay is Somali), share the same religion as us (majority), share the same food as us and live in the same country as us. Us, as in ALL Somalis. You can divide it into regions all you'd like but that won't change the fact that Somali Bantus have Somali culture.

I feel closer to Samburus than to the Madowweyne. How about that.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
People hate on Christians here too much. They are largely peaceful people who mind their own business.

Look at the behavior of Egyptian Copts vs regular Egyptians. Egyptian Copts have better socioeconomic status in Egypt and don't cause troubles while the Muslim Egyptians constantly attack them.
i heard they treat copts much better than nubians in egypt , nubians are heavily racially abused in egyot, they are treated like Sudanese and foreign to egypt not the same for copts

I have zero hate for Christians sxb. I only have a simple preference for fellow Muslims.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
I have zero hate for Christians sxb. I only have a simple preference for fellow Muslims.
go to djibouti intermarriage and inter religous marriages between the same racial group is common i heard like afar/somali amhara/somali, they are often treated the same , it would be completly diffrent if it was a non horn of african

Tukraq

VIP
go to djibouti intermarriage and inter religous marriages between the same racial group is common i heard like afar/somali amhara/somali, they are often treated the same , it would be completly diffrent if it was a non horn of african
That’s Djibouti we’re taliking about somalis here

Even those who have voted out of religious reason would still object to their sister marrying a Madowweyne.

There was no option. ''Neither''.
The poll is based on how one feel, which is a very simplistic way of putting a nuanced situation in. And after people choose either, people can say it's about Muslim solidarity vs. Christianity, and how unrelated Habashis are, and however one interprets it.

And how one feels is so arbitrary, it can mean a plethora of things and has been interpreted in many different ways. I feel closer to Habashis than Somali Bantus for personal reasons. I've never met a Somali Bantu in my life, but I have some Habashi longtime friends.

And feeling closer to Habashis doesn't mean I want them in Somalia. Politically I don't view Ethiopia as a friend, but as a rival, and political ally through mutual benefits only, etc.

But if the question was who would, I want to live in Somalia. Then the answer would be evident based on culture, history, and current situation. Somali Bantus have a right to live there, and there's no discussion there.

Is this about religion? Politics? Culture? Ethnicity? Personal socially driven opinion? The question is limiting and absolute and leaves no room for explanation, even though it's a complicated, multifaceted issue, which has too many ways of interpretations.

Tukraq

VIP
The poll is based on how one feel, which is a very simplistic way of putting a nuanced situation in. And after people choose either, people can say it's about Muslim solidarity vs. Christianity, and how unrelated Habashis are, and however one interprets it.

And how one feels is so arbitrary, it can mean a plethora of things and has been interpreted in many different ways. I feel closer to Habashis than Somali Bantus for personal reasons. I've never met a Somali Bantu in my life, but I have some Habashi longtime friends.

And feeling closer to Habashis doesn't mean I want them in Somalia. Politically I don't view Ethiopia as a friend, but as a rival, and political ally through mutual benefits only, etc.

But if the question was who would, I want to live in Somalia. Then the answer would be evident based on culture, history, and current situation. Somali Bantus have a right to live there, and there's no discussion there.

Is this about religion? Politics? Culture? Ethnicity? Personal socially driven opinion? The question is limiting and absolute and leaves no room for explanation, even though it's a complicated, multifaceted issue, which has too many ways of interpretations.
Yup I agree, I’ve also lived around habeshas in Seattle but visited Portland which is predominantly cadcad/Bantu and it would be personally be laughable in my experience to put a Habesha Christian over a through and through Somali culturally in Somali Bantus, and as you stated it’s becomes a question. In which way, religiously? Nationally? Culturally/language? Or dna markers/“features”

Yup I agree, I’ve also lived around habeshas in Seattle but visited Portland which is predominantly cadcad/Bantu and it would be personally be laughable in my experience to put a Habesha Christian over a through and through Somali culturally in Somali Bantus, and as you stated it’s becomes a question. In which way, religiously? Nationally? Culturally/language? Or dna markers/“features”
I still think you're tripping with the Somali Djiboutian issue.

World

VIP
Nobody cares about your answer. You obviously have some sort of Bantu DNA which is why you constantly coon for them or African Americans.

Even though half my family lived in Jubbaland for over a hundred years, we still have nothing in common with some ex-slave Swahili speaking Bantu farmers who lived on a plantation. Let alone a Somali nomad from Burco.

It’s not hate I don’t think it’s just people know it’s most correct to say Muslims for religious reasons.

Personally I grew up around a few Oromo and Habeshi Muslims and I often forget they’re not Somalis, so technically and personally I guess I feel closer to them than to Bantu Somali Muslims that I didn’t know existed until a couple of years ago.

I think most people interpret habeshi christians to mean Ethiopia which we’ve had a bad history with.

World

VIP
It’s not hate I don’t think it’s just people know it’s most correct to say Muslims for religious reasons.

Personally I grew up around a few Oromo and Habeshi Muslims and I often forget they’re not Somalis, so technically and personally I guess I feel closer to them than to Bantu Somali Muslims that I didn’t know existed until a couple of years ago.

I think most people interpret habeshi christians to mean Ethiopia which we’ve had a bad history with.
Many people here would feel closer to a "somali" bantu than a habesha muslim

Definately @Tukraq for sure

Tukraq

VIP
Nobody cares about your answer. You obviously have some sort of Bantu DNA which is why you constantly coon for them or African Americans.

Even though half my family lived in Jubbaland for over a hundred years, we still have nothing in common with some ex-slave Swahili speaking Bantu farmers who lived on a plantation. Let alone a Somali nomad from Burco.
Yes they started out as our slaves back in the day but now they speak/dress/eat Somali and have our same culture/deen obviously your different than them lol your looking too much into features and dna groups which I don’t put over all those other factors, for example I would see a cadcad of portaguese/Indian/Arab only decadent who’s Muslim/somali culturally and nationally than say a Christian Oromo raised guy who took a dna test and found out his father had Somali dna or something

Status
Not open for further replies.