Horn African Christians or Somali Bantu Muslims?

Which group do you feel closer to?

• Horn African Christians

• Somali Bantu Muslims

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Like I said, if history taught us anything and if they leave qabil aside, they will have a political power.

Just do the math; Gondar, Tigray, Gojam, Wellaga and half of Shewa vs Jimar, Harar, Wollo, Ogaden-Somali, Arsi, Belae, half of Sidama, Cambata and Hadia, Afar, Benshangule, other half of Shewa and combined with 13 million Amharan and Tigrayan Muslims who have always historically sided with the Muslims.

The so-called “emperor” Yohannes IV who barely ruled anything but his own village in Mekelle was defeated after attempting to expand and was hanged by the Beja sultanate who managed to mobilized all the ethnic groups in Sudan, Eritrea and Ethiopia before they collapsed because of qabil over leadership. In the same timeline as Mad Mullah who was crucified by his own people.

Same in the Gragn era in the 1600s who had the support from all the Horners before collapsing over qabil, to name a few. It’s always the qabil that made them humiliated and weak.
yohannes iv was killed by the mahdists

you are clearly oversimplifying history, not everyone was a qabilist muslim, for exampel muslim oromos kingdoms united with the christian solomonics and eventually teamed up to kick out italy from ethiopia

also eritrean muslims led by idris hamed led the first eritrean independence movements

stop trying to make create a us vs them narrative which is oversimplistic :noneck:

Tukraq

VIP
That's because you are part Madowweyne. It is so obvious from your pro-AAness and now even favouring foreigners over fellow ethnic Somalis.
I’m actually MJ however to me I don’t see benadiris and Somali bantus(our freed slaves) as foreigners at this point (maybe hundreds of years ago)their Somali nationally an culturally and Muslim religiously but not ethnically I take these over just the ethnic part as Djibouti’s aren’t the same as me nationally

Tukraq

VIP
I personally think half African-American.
Instead of obvious false allegations how about refuting the points? Benadiris and Madowweyne are Somali culturally and nationally with the same religion but not ethnically so I still consider them somalis maybe you don’t but thats your opinion

Apollo

VIP
Instead of obvious false allegations how about refuting the points? Benadiris and Madowweyne are Somali culturally and nationally with the same religion but not ethnically so I still consider them somalis maybe you don’t but thats your opinion

Who cares about artificial fake countries like Djibouti vs Somalia. You don't live in Somalia, you are in the diaspora. Feeling closer to a foreigner than to a fellow ethnic Somali is plain weird and raises many red flags about your origins.

Tukraq

VIP
It depends on what you value tbh and how you rank deen, culture, tribe, nationality and ethnicity/dna @Apollo probably puts ethnicy/dna very high while I rank that very low compared to the rest:manny:

Tukraq

VIP
Who cares about artificial fake countries like Djibouti vs Somalia. You don't live in Somalia, you are in the diaspora. Feeling closer to a foreigner than to a fellow ethnic Somali is plain weird and raises many red flags about your origins.
I take nationalism more serious than you I guess maybe to you it’s just artificial and fake:manny:

Why would you choose a Habesha Christian over a Somali Bantu Muslim who shares the same culture, traditions, and religion as you? Because they have the same slightly smaller nose as you and curly hair? Lmaoo y'all are dumb af.

It's funny because Habeshas always insult Somalis, and never have our backs against other blacks/whites who insult Somalis. The Cushitic supremacy mess some of you obsess over is dumb AF and Habeshas don't gaf about you. Fix up

Tukraq

VIP
Why would you choose a Habesha Christian over a Somali Bantu Muslim who shares the same culture, traditions, and religion as you? Because they have the same slightly smaller nose as you and curly hair? Lmaoo y'all are dumb af.

It's funny because Habeshas always insult Somalis, and never have our backs against blacks who insult Somalis. The Cushitic supremacy mess some of you obsess over is dumb AF and Habeshas don't gaf about you. Fix up
Exactly what I was saying, they literally share the same language, religion, culture, and are the same nationalistically lol

Apollo

VIP

It's funny because Habeshas always insult Somalis, and never have our backs against blacks who insult Somalis. The Cushitic supremacy mess some of you obsess over is dumb AF and Habeshas don't gaf about you. Fix up

The Madowweyne do not share the same culture as Northern Somalis.

They speak an unintelligible dialect of Maay and their culture is completely unique to themselves and not shared by all Somalis.

Secondly, we live in the diaspora, not Somalia. I would be significantly more comfortable if a relative of mine married a Habesha over a Madowweyne. Hence, the way I voted.

It's funny because Habeshas always insult Somalis, and never have our backs against other blacks/whites who insult Somalis. The Cushitic supremacy mess some of you obsess over is dumb AF and Habeshas don't gaf about you. Fix up
Fortunately, the vast majority of the people on here have chosen fellow Somali Bantus who are Muslim over the Christians.

Tukraq

VIP
You take Somali nationalism very seriously but have the flag of Puntland or whatever it is as your avatar. You're so full of shit, man.
For me it’s deen(barely consider non Muslims as Somali)>tribe>nation(puntland is a Somali state/ nothing wrong with state pride)>culture>then we can talk about dna lol

Tukraq

VIP
Even those who have voted out of religious reason would still object to their sister marrying a Madowweyne.

There was no option. ''Neither''.
Yeah but that’s tribal reasons, but her marrying a Christian Habesha would be way worse

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
For me it’s deen(barely consider non Muslims as Somali)>tribe>nation(puntland is a Somali state/ nothing wrong with state pride)>culture>then we can talk about dna lol
no race :siilaanyolaugh:

just kidding even the arabs get along with arab christians
rather, then ajnabi muslims heck in egypt they treat coptic egyptians as Egyptians and nubians as foreigners often racially abusing them

even in the quran it states the importance of how allah separated us in to many nations, so that's a reason why i choose habesha christians besides somali bantus hate us for slavery and want to return home many already returned home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending