Hooyo explains how modern women are too materalistic

No the issue is you're putting incredibly high standards on to the men who wish to pursue polygamous marriage. In many of these countries the men who do have multiple spouses are providing for their children and wives with basic necessities to the best of their ability given the economic situation in which they have no control over.

My wife loves me and knows my situation if the woman gives up her right voluntarily and allows you to give her what you can afford who are you to say its haram. You seem jealous, I have a heart of gold full of love and would never neglect my wife:yousmart:

She can easily change her mind and that doesn't negate the fact that is the duty of a Muslim husband. Also, your children and any unborn kids do not forfeit those rights.

No the issue is you're putting incredibly high standards on to the men who wish to pursue polygamous marriage. In many of these countries the men who do have multiple spouses are providing for their children and wives with basic necessities to the best of their ability given the economic situation in which they have no control over.

Even water costs money in Somalia, WATER. Every year, drought strikes nomadic families and they have to trek thousands of miles to find water. So, these polygamous nomads are NOT even providing basic necessities for one wife, let alone multiple. Unless you want to tell us that they give women oxygen so they can breathe.

My goodness. The bar is in the core of the earth.

:mjlol:

They might not have control over the economic situation, but they have control over their nafs. That little bit of money left over can provide better education and more nutritional foods.

I suppose it really depends on whats more important. Better quality of life for kids or extra women.

@Angelina https://islamqa.info/en/answers/82390/misyaar-marriage-definition-and-rulings

Nikah misyar allows for both the husband and wife to relinquish rights over each other if they deem content. You assume I am a horny dog who is abusing but I havent even consummated my 2nd marriage. Not everyone marries for sex. Disgusting.

If you read the fatwa you would find most scholars find it off putting and Sheikh Albani ruled it as haram. Too many men have abused it and now many scholars rule it as haram. Islam is a religion that provides women with dignity. The fatwa YOU posted even said:

None of the scholars have said that it is invalid or is not correct; rather they disallowed it because of the consequences that adversely affect the woman, as it is demeaning to her, and that affects the society as this marriage contract is taken advantage of by bad people, because a woman could claim that a boyfriend is a husband. It also affects the children whose upbringing will be affected by their father’s absence.

In theory it is halal as these women are letting go of their rights out of their own accord, however scholars disallow it as it has a detrimental effect on society. Anyone with a brain can see its women that are being impacted in a negative way and most men with honor would hate to see their own daughters or sisters in that situation.

Last edited:
Even water costs money in Somalia, WATER. Every year, drought strikes nomadic families and they have to trek thousands of miles to find water. So, these polygamous nomads are NOT even providing basic necessities for one wife, let alone multiple. Unless you want to tell us that they give women oxygen so they can breathe.

My goodness. The bar is in the core of the earth.

:mjlol:
And where should the bar be according to you? Should it be where 90% of men can never hope to reach? Be realistic please, you're putting forward a situation which is entirely out of a person's ability to alleviate as an example. A severe drought effects everyone rich and poor alike.

And where should the bar be according to you? Should it be where 90% of men can never hope to reach? Be realistic please, you're putting forward a situation which is entirely out of a person's ability to alleviate as an example. A severe drought effects everyone rich and poor alike.

We're talking about polygamy. Throughout history 95% or even less would only have one wife. You're all over the place with your argument.

If you cannot afford it, for the sake of ones kids and wife they should be content with one wife and they should say Alhamdulilah. There are many men and women who Allah doesn't bless offspring

TekNiKo

β€œI am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
If you read the fatwa you would find most scholars find it off putting and Sheikh Albani ruled it as haram. Too many men have abused it and now many scholars rule it as haram. Islam is a religion that provides women with dignity.
It is a difference of opinion, majority of scholars said it was permissible but disliked. Certain situations require it and it is better than haram. It also doesnt have to be permanant and wife can demand her rights at anytime its not sealed.

@Angelina

One of the biggest societal problems with Somalis is a lack of basic financial responsibility. That's why they marry with no care for what happens tomorrow.

For example; a lot of nomads actually own a lot of livestock- which adds up to thousands and thousands of dollars. Instead of selling the livestock every year and then opening up bank accounts so they can save, they like to hold onto it; is it for bragging purposes? Or maybe they don't know better?

What they do is grow a large herd and then every year or so, a devastating drought ravages their livestock. You'd think the following year they'd make different plans right? Nope. They start again, growing a large herd and hoping no drought occurs, instead of quickly selling every year and saving for the future.

The amount of wealth that is lost to poor financial decisions (and khat) is astronomical.

What is the name for people who live for today and don't plan for tomorrow? That's what Somalis are at the core.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Just don't end up with a broke ass invert
Invert? You mean convert? I will never marry a convert, their package is too big. I want a muslim that didn’t revert. Like Somali or whatnot. Reverts are weirs lowkey, they want 2+ wives far more than the average muslim. Sometimes I wonder what their intentions are with the deen. Oops, maybe I shouldn’t say that but defo not into revert.

Invert? You mean convert? I will never marry a convert, their package is too big. I want a muslim that didn’t revert. Like Somali or whatnot. Reverts are weirs lowkey, they want 2+ wives far more than the average muslim. Sometimes I wonder what their intentions are with the deen. Oops, maybe I shouldn’t say that but defo not into revert.
What happened to our Caribbean dumashi you presented to us sometime ago.. Caribbean plus OG qalanjo such a mix :leon:

Or wait was it a Haitian or Tahiti.. Damn they all look and sound the same to me :ohhhdamn:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
A642CB09-0973-4151-A7FC-281F8EDA2022.jpeg

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
If you can not afford to buy water you can not have multiple wives.
8303F186-5BB4-4244-B03F-99ADFAB9B808.gif

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
What happened to our Caribbean dumashi you presented to us sometime ago.. Caribbean plus OG qalanjo such a mix :leon:

Or wait was it a Haitian or Tahiti.. Damn they all look and sound the same to me :ohhhdamn:
He’s muslim, so are his parents and grandparents. That’s not a revert.

He’s 1 in 5 million carribean. I would never look for a caribbean man, he was an accident. A good one, but still an accident.

He’s muslim, so are his parents and grandparents. That’s not a revert.
But he comes from a revert background what's the difference anyways.. When is the wedding planned for and can he fulfill all your demands with the 900k house and 24karat gold? Now don't bullshit me :ufdup:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
But he comes from a revert background what's the difference anyways.. When is the wedding planned for and can he fulfill all your demands with the 900k house and 24karat gold? Now don't bullshit me :ufdup:
No he’s not a revert, lol he’s originally west african from 1800s never converted to Christianity. There is a muslim community there.

So he’s a revert from the 10th century? Does that make somalis reverts from the 7th century?

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
Most of our grandmothers went through that but the younger generation doesn’t have to put up with that anymore alhamdullilah.

In my humble observations I notice the women come with high demands/requirements when they don't like the guy but have no other options but to accept him.. If a woman really loves a man she would do anything for him and be 110% submissive even to the point of kissing his feets if he asks her.. But if it's the opposite and the guy really loves her and want her she will be acting like she's something unachievable..

No he’s not a revert, lol he’s originally west african from 1800s never converted to Christianity. There is a muslim community there.

So he’s a revert from the 10th century? Does that make somalis reverts from the 7th century?
Some bullshit, I don't buy it.

Trending

Latest posts