Hooyo explains how modern women are too materalistic

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP

God bless our hooyos, they had little to nothing but were still baari to their husbands. A golden generations of past. Social media has ruined even back home.

Compared to other races, Somalis are the least materialistic. One thing I rate about Asian and Arab fathers is that they care about the financial prospects of a groom. Most of these men know they cannot knock on a fathers door without having their shit together.

In our community, you'll find a Farax in a dead end job, trying to find ends meet, trying to marry another with such confidence and arrogance. Look at our community in the West? We live in bad neighborhoods ect.

One thing i've noticed with some older gen Somali women is they give xaasid advice to girls that aren't their daughters. It is as if they want the younger generations to repeat the cycle and fall into the issues they fell into.

TekNiKo

VIP
I saw the sadness in her eyes when she said 1 gambo, 1 guntino, 1 dacas :mybusiness:
Shes explaining how she had so little but was content with her hubby. Her sister wedding they had limited cilaan. Its true love that counts.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Shes explaining how she had so little but was content with her hubby. Her sister wedding they had limited cilaan. Its true love that counts.
Aren’t y’all the ones that want us to be content with having sister wives? Waraa what do you think of women? You know we have more emotions than you? We feel more but you expect us to feel so little?

If a nigga can’t afford at least 900k house then he can f off. I need at least 10 pieces of 24k carat gold and car if you approach me. I won’t take a facebook watching peasent

Aren’t y’all the ones that want us to be content with having sister wives? Waraa what do you think of women? You know we have more emotions than you? We feel more but you expect us to feel so little?

If a nigga can’t afford at least 900k house then he can f off. I need at least 10 pieces of 24k carat gold and car if you approach me. I won’t take a facebook watching peasent

Another unfortunate case of the somalispot disease tainting young women, truly a shame.

Compared to other races, Somalis are the least materialistic. One thing I rate about Asian and Arab fathers is that they care about the financial prospects of a groom. Most of these men know they cannot knock on a fathers door without having their shit together.

In our community, you'll find a Farax in a dead end job, trying to find ends meet, trying to marry another with such confidence and arrogance. Look at our community in the West? We live in bad neighborhoods ect.

One thing i've noticed with some older gen Somali women is they give xaasid advice to girls that aren't their daughters. It is as if they want the younger generations to repeat the cycle and fall into the issues they fell into.

Facts!

Somalis are among the least materialistic people on earth!
You will see families allowing their daughter to marry a broke man who also has the nerve to marry multiple women and commit his many children to a life of abject poverty.

Somalis are not as money motivated and driven as others, they don't care for family or financial planning as much as other Muslim communities. Everything they excuse as 'Allah provides', but Allah didn't tell us to make dumb decisions and not plan for life.

I couldn’t finish this. From what I’ve heard we learned from your mistakes. You taught these men how to abuse us. We’re saying No! As for money what money ? 😂 ahah

TekNiKo

VIP
Facts!

Somalis are among the least materialistic people on earth!
You will see families allowing their daughter to marry a broke man who also has the nerve to marry multiple women and commit his many children to a life of abject poverty.

Somalis are not as money motivated and driven as others, they don't care for family or financial planning as much as other Muslim communities. Everything they excuse as 'Allah provides', but Allah didn't tell us to make dumb decisions and not plan for life.
Islam encourages more children and Allah tells us to not fear poverty that is a Satan speaking

Satan threatens you with poverty and orders you to immorality, while Allah promises you forgiveness from Him and bounty. And Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing Al Baqara 2:268​

Islam encourages more children and Allah tells us to not fear poverty that is a Satan speaking

Satan threatens you with poverty and orders you to immorality, while Allah promises you forgiveness from Him and bounty. And Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing Al Baqara 2:268​

This verse doesn't tell men to go around marrying multiple women if they cannot afford to take care of them. Would you let your daughter marry a broke man who cannot control his sexual urges?

TekNiKo

VIP
This verse doesn't tell men to go around marrying multiple women if they cannot afford to take care of them. Would you let your daughter marry a broke man who cannot control his sexual urges?
If my daughter loves him and he has good diin and akhlaaq yes! As long as he tries his best and is not purposely lazy.

Islam also tells us to fast, if we cannot afford to marry. Providing for your wife is one of the biggest rights she has over you and marrying more than one when you cannot afford to do so, is frankly haram.

Its easy to say that as a man, but when you marry and even worse marry multiple women without being able to do so, its women and children that suffer the most.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Allaaahu Akbaar. Thank you for this reminder :)

Islam also tells us to fast, if we cannot afford to marry. Providing for your wife is one of the biggest rights she has over you and marrying more than one when you cannot afford to do so, is frankly haram.

Its easy to say that as a man, but when you marry and even worse marry multiple women without being able to do so, its women and children that suffer the most.

Our male counterparts prefer instant gratification over delayed gratification. That's why they are impulsive in marrying multiple women and they find all sorts of reasons to excuse their lack of family planning and discipline.

In fact, I bet that if Somali men were patient and organised in terms of marriage, they'd be able to save money and raise one family properly and then move onto a second marriage when their first children are young adults who can pay their own bills.

Instead they prefer to drag multiple wives and children through abject poverty and struggle. How does a man who works have time to spend with multiple children and multiple wives? They can't- they are literally neglecting their duties and they think they can get away with it,

That's why there are so many young criminal Somali males in the diaspora- they don't have good role models

Last edited:
If I was a man, I'd marry 1 wife and if for some reason the marriage wasn't good for me I'd:

Option 1. Ask for a divorce + shared custody
Option 2. Tell my wife I'm planning to remarry in future once the children are out of the house, thus giving her an option to either leave or to prepare to be a 2nd wife in future.
So, her time isn't wasted and she can decide to stay or remarry herself if she wants.

Once the first batch of children are out of the house and working, I'd have more money and can afford to remarry. Also, I'd feel happy as I didn't betray and mislead my first wife.

It's not hard to be a good, decent man. SMH

Polygamy is a big responsibility.

TekNiKo

VIP
Allaaahu Akbaar. Thank you for this reminder :)
Thank you Basra this is the true imaan today”s broke man can be tomorrow rich man and vice versa. Have faith in Allah and try your best and he will provide :rejoice:

Trending

Latest posts