Honest question when did somalia become poor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean surely as a sea faring ppl we were never extremely rich but never as poor as we are today. I recall we used to trade it india and china in the past and some historians could argue that egypt used to get gold and frankincense from us. So my question is how did we go from being moderately rich and using our resources wisely to the point that we traded with other nations to being extremely poor?. The japanese were not that rich before contact with the western world but like us they used to trade with others and thus were not extremely poor either. Any historians who can answer my question?

Being poor is the default state. It doesn't matter what Egypt was getting from "us" millennia ago. We don't even know if that was "us" back then. And even if it was that is hardly evidence that our ancestors as a whole were prosperous.

Somalia is the shithole that it is right now because of qabilism. Period.

Apollo

VIP
Somalis were not sea faring. Only a tiny minority lived on the coast. Vast majority were nomads living in the interior.

It always was poor. All countries before 1800 were. Only with the industrial era did some countries become 'rich' on average.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Most of the trade in somalia history was facilitated through the north eastern empires and Mogadishu, there are fortresses in modern Puntland that go back centuries

We became poor, when we invited too many sand in to our land and their culture. They brought us the bad type of nomadism, we were a modern nomads, who used to farm and fish and create their things like boat building, shoe making and art work. Since the sand arrival all these creativity was considered to be laangaab, who eats fish became laangaab, who creates shoes and clothes was also considered laangaab
Wlhi these sand are threat to our existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts