Hobyo to begin drilling for oil, FGS Ministry of Petroleum reach Dhusamareb

I mean exactly but they manage it in Syria and Iraq. America has been building military bases protecting oil projects in Syria. It actually could increase stability in terms of clans conflict but worsen our sovereignty

We perversely could benefit from being ripped off :manny: there used to be little incentive for America to truly sort out Somalia but that’s changing as they lose allies and China gains in Africa and the Middle East. They need a client state like ours

It's better to have local troops, if we have to resort to protecting the land, than shisheeye. Ultimately, I can imagine that there could be local resistance when they see foreigners as invaders taking advantage of them and their resources. People with miyi mindset will not accept this. That's why it's better with make deals with the clans in a given area, and have some form of incentives and include them in the profit-sharing, with local, state, federal split.

As far as the Americans, I thought the plan was to dump them for closer ties with Russia/China once the country get back to its feet? I guess, we have to deal with them for the foreseeable future and forever 😂

bidenkulaha

GalYare
It's better to have local troops, if we have to resort to protecting the land, than shisheeye. Ultimately, I can imagine that there could be local resistance when they see foreigners as invaders taking advantage of them and their resources. People with miyi mindset will not accept this. That's why it's better with make deals with the clans in a given area, and have some form of incentives and include their in the profit-sharing, local, state, federal.

As far as American, I thought the plan was to dump them for closer ties with Russia/China once the country got back to its feet? I guess, we have to deal with them for the foreseeable future and forever 😂
Maybe you, I’m still attacked 2 years later here for calling for us to be a U.S. colony to finally fix our country 😂

Maybe you, I’m still attacked 2 years later here for calling for us to be a U.S. colony to finally fix our country 😂

You're ready to sell out the country at any given time 🤣 People of your ilk need to be kept from the gov't at any cost. Ileen it was not even a mutually beneficial relationship you were looking for, but selling your soul to them in its entirety?!?! :mahubowtf:

Once upon a time I used to get excited about oil and Somalia but I gave up on it. It’s only talk. No action.

It seems like every Somali region in Somaliweyne boast about having unlimited oil/gas and being the recipient a god-sent miracle that will turn Somalis into the mighty people of the world and our land into the next Emirates. I guess, I have to play along with their shactiro 😅 Truth to be told, even if we were to find any resources, it would end up becoming a curse 😂

It seems like every Somali region in Somaliweyne boast about having unlimited oil/gas and being the recipient a god-sent miracle that will turn Somalis into the mighty people of the world and our land into the next Emirates. I guess, I have to play along with their shactiro 😅 Truth to be told, even if we were to find any resources, it would end up becoming a curse 😂

I believe all the oil has long been extracted and taken 😂

bidenkulaha

GalYare
718A47AC-0BF3-411F-86A6-DD8868EB827B.jpeg

Last seismic surgery in October. 2024 exploration drilling which is last process before production.

Galmudug currently the strongest focus of the FGS in the fight against Shabaab because of this.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Dima&Damo your adeer already did the drilling in PL in 2009 and Cade Muse created the idea in 2005. These guys r 20 years behind us. No oil is going to be drilled without Saudi OK and OPEC. They ensure producers don't flood the market and effect oil prices for all suppliers.

it's a controlled market where only 100 million barrels are used globally, some-one needs to cut it's production to allow a new player to fill the gap given and no nation has proposed to do such thing. The HAGS r doing this just for 'bonus signings'. The SFG isn't even a trusteeship, it's no dfferent to a shop front.

@Dima&Damo your adeer already did the drilling in PL in 2009 and Cade Muse created the idea in 2005. These guys r 20 years behind us. No oil is going to be drilled without Saudi OK and OPEC. They ensure producers don't flood the market and effect oil prices for all suppliers.

it's a controlled market where only 100 million barrels are used globally, some-one needs to cut it's production to allow a new player to fill the gap given and no nation has proposed to do such thing. The HAGS r doing this just for 'bonus signings'. The SFG isn't even a trusteeship, it's no dfferent to a shop front.
Now that sool is free and Eyl is being built we can expect more news on the nugaal valley block
🤔🤔🤔

bidenkulaha

GalYare

UAE and Saudi need oil prices to be stable. Production is falling in OPEC countries and needs to be made up elsewhere. Otherwise transition from oil will hasten as it becomes too expensive and can’t compete with renewables.

Somalia has never had a more opportune moment than right now

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
UAE and Saudi need oil prices to be stable. Production is falling in OPEC countries and needs to be made up elsewhere. Otherwise transition from oil will hasten as it becomes too expensive and can’t compete with renewables.

Somalia has never had a more opportune moment than right now
@Dima&Damo don't listen to Biden waa 'xoolo' caadi ah, fudeed, degdeg badan

There is 13 countries that are oil producers in Opec and Russia(currently sanctioned) but will lift eventually it's a super-power. The fixed market space is 100 million barrels a day currently. Saudi takes the largest share of that 100 million market space.

Ur idea of 'economic growth' is ridiculous as GDP growth in the global context is within 2-5% for most nations, adding 2-5% growth on 100 million is tiny growth space(5 million barrels a day added and that's being very LIBERAL).

Even for argument sake Somalia was cleared to produce oil by OPEC kkkkk, u won't be given more then 1 million barrels a day. 1 million barrel x 100 = 100 million.

Then that's split with the producer 50/50. That's now down too 50 million. 50 million x 365(that's excluding operational costs, taxes, regional/federal sharing). That's assuming 18 billion added in our GDP.

18 billion plus 7 billion = 25 billion GDP. 25 billion/15 million= GDP Per capita of $1666 kkkkkkkkkkkkkk. That's assuming they don't go african and buy 'wasteful' things and create a sovereign fund like Saudi and link it to American investment firms to grow it by tying it to 'western companies' becuz your industries are simply not profitable locally becuz your people are not industrious(firfirconi ma jiro).

A true rich country has a diverse market, a poor country has 1 industry and their called(developing world) for this reason, even if your industry is diamond, gold, farming, oil, gas, is irrelevant as long as it's the only industry, your a poor country becuz 15 million people can't get jobs from 1 industry.

Dr Osman economic model is to develop marketable skills for locals, link up diaspora/foreign investors and local banking, create start ups so our market isn't termed '1 industry' nation kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Last edited:

Cush

Cushite Arab
Hobyo drilling for oil? Puntland has been semi autonomous and much more peaceful with no argagixiso yet it's been decades and they still haven't drilled for oil, how will Hobyo? :drakelaugh: