HIV positive Somalis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently heard of someone who has gotten infected from her husband and I remember being so sad when I came home to see my mum who asked me if I heard the news. I told her I had and she said I should take it as a lesson to get my wife tested before we marry.

This is something I always thought necessary before the wedding day. However, I was not prepared for my mum to tell she knows about at least 35 other cases of Somalis in the UK with HIV.

I was just wondering if this is a problem in our community or not?

Also for the girls, how would you react to someone you are about to marry asking you to come with them to get tested, is it offensive?

HIV ain't a big deal. All you have to do is take meds to keep it from turning into aids. Somalis think most unmarried somalis are virgins because they are muslim lol. Fucking wrong. Anyway tell the person to get meds to prevent it from turning into aids before it kills her. Also don't marginalize her because of the disease. Be supportive so she doesn't feel alone.

Emily

πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°
VIP
No it’s not offensive, I will go and take the test with him. If a girl refuses to go the clinic with you or she only wants you to take the test then you should dump her:kanyeshrug:

Emily

πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°
VIP
HIV ain't a big deal. All you have to do is take meds to keep it from turning into aids. Somalis think most unmarried somalis are virgins because they are muslim lol. Fucking wrong. Anyway tell the person to get meds to prevent it from turning into aids before it kills her. Also don't marginalize her because of the disease. Be supportive so she doesn't feel alone.
Would you marry someone with the disease tho

Puffin Stuff

Cheating death in berbera
Aids = Life threatning not able to produce antibodies and immune system not working.

Hiv = Early stage of the Hiv diseases has about 10-15 years life as long as your not having sex without rubber you most likely wont get Aid's however watch your health.

I can see why there is a stigma for these diseases however i believe because people who live with these diseases can't perform intercourse and have bad health i don't see a point in pursuing a relationship with these people

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
Aids = Life threatning not able to produce antibodies and immune system not working.

Hiv = Early stage of the Hiv diseases has about 10-15 years life as long as your not having sex without rubber you most likely wont get Aid's however watch your health.

I can see why there is a stigma for these diseases however i believe because people who live with these diseases can't perform intercourse and have bad health i don't see a point in pursuing a relationship with these people

A person with hiv can have sexual intercourse with someone without the virus and still not transmit the virus, depends on the viral load. The medication is very effective in terms of that

Emily

πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°
VIP
A person with hiv can have sexual intercourse with someone without the virus and still not transmit the virus, depends on the viral load. The medication is very effective in terms of that
Yup, depending on how responsible that person is and how often they take the meds

Puffin Stuff

Cheating death in berbera
HIV has a much bigger effect on the psychology of a person, People have alot needs prime ones being achieving one's full potential including sporting activities and i don't think someone who is prone to illness and can be wiped out by the common cold can achieve numerous Goals. another thing is these people can't interact with people who are outside of there accepting kin and their community much because they are either keeping this a secret to avoid endings of friendships and intimate relationships

Hatredfree

I got boomer connections
VIP
HIV has a much bigger effect on the psychology of a person, People have alot needs prime ones being achieving one's full potential including sporting activities and i don't think someone who is prone to illness and can be wiped out by the common cold can achieve numerous Goals. another thing is these people can't interact with people who are outside of there accepting kin and their community much because they are either keeping this a secret to avoid endings of friendships and intimate relationships

Hiv is no longer death sentence and depending on the person some people bodies completely hold the virus at bay. Obviously the psychological part has to do with the stigma around hiv, but if one were to completely ignore the emotion aspect attached to the virus, I don't see any limits. Malaria still kills more people compared to Hiv, that's how bizarre the world is.

People with HIV live til old age and can marry and have kids without passing the virus. If they use their meds, their HIV isn't detectable in the blood. Its like they're not infected. Its actually way worse to be overweight than have HIV in 2018.

There were about 100 Somalis with HIV in Toronto in the early 2000s from what I read in a report. Its obviously much higher now. I know of a sad story of a Somali family who all died of AIDS in the late 80s. The father had a blood transfusion and spread it to his wife and kids.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Dear Allaah Subhanaah waa taacalllaah,

Please protect me, and my fellow Somalis who read this from this terrible body eating disease. Forgive us for our sins, and our human frailty and patheticness. Protect us from the whispers of Sheeydaan that lead us to immorality. Yaa Allaah protect us from HIV AIDS.

Amiin

Last edited:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I only liked because of the last part. Waxa Kala:trash:

LOOOOOOOL

Okey walaal because of YOU i edited the entire post and just left the dua part. u do the same. Delete the quoted part! Shukran

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Where did this myth com from:ayaanswag:

Doesn't the penis size correlated to height. :camby:
@Factz give her the facts

Okey Excuse me! Sorry....i cant talk about that after making a dua!

Sidi am waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts