HIV positive Somalis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently heard of someone who has gotten infected from her husband and I remember being so sad when I came home to see my mum who asked me if I heard the news. I told her I had and she said I should take it as a lesson to get my wife tested before we marry.

This is something I always thought necessary before the wedding day. However, I was not prepared for my mum to tell she knows about at least 35 other cases of Somalis in the UK with HIV.

I was just wondering if this is a problem in our community or not?

Also for the girls, how would you react to someone you are about to marry asking you to come with them to get tested, is it offensive?

Both of you getting tested for stds and other issues should be common sense. I wouldnt be offended at all. While he's doing that he might as well do a full blood work to see if everything else is okay. As for your story I hope that women also tested her children as HIV is transmissible from mother-baby without treatment occurring during pregnancy! Depending on when her husband got HIV of course, before kids or after

I've only heard of one case where I live, but i'm sure most people who have it arent exposing their status due to discrimination and biases surranding the condition. I'm glad to see people on this forum are more open minded!

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I can count 10 people off my head in real life that has this disease, 11th including a popular member of Somalispot whom i will not Qarxiis in fear of doing this said person a wrong. Karma is a B

STD’s are real and abstinence doesn’t work with most Somali blokes, therefore protection is the only solution. A deadly STD common to Somalis and can be avoided by a simple vaccine or by condoms is hepatitis B. It’s a major killer among the middle aged and elderly Somalis.

Muji

VIP
Since I’m a virgin I will not be getting tested. I’m not wasting my time to save his delicate little feelings.
However, since most men aren’t, I will 100 percent expect him to get tested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending