History of the Somalis?

These were of interest.

wordsOfINtrerest.png

starts in 798 when Somali ethnogenisis began (whoever lived in the horn before us converted to Islam), meaning that we are around 63 years older than the Germans and the French.

Garaad diinle

ξ€šξ€žξ€’ξ€œξ€  ξ€ ξ€Ÿξ€‘ξ€ξ€›
This video has a number of misconceptions but other than that it's okay.

Garaad diinle

I did notice there were things I have never come across, and have not had a chance to dig deeper. What are some of the misconceptions you spotted?
Well first of all macrobians were not somalis they were sudanese. Yes this might come as a surprise for many somalis but they should know better than reading a wiki page.

Havilah is a weird place and not much is known about it. I personally think that it might have been in either yemen or eriteria.

Similarities between somali and ancient egypt doesn't have any major significance. Somali and ancient egyption belong to the afroasiatic language family meaning they are bound to have similarities with each other. The closest language to ancient egyption is amazigh, chadic and arabic while cushitic language is a stand alone.

The zaylac masjid cannot by any means possible be build in the proposed date people on the internet claim.

Finally her somali pronunciation gives off the energy of i really don't know what i'm talking about.

P.S.
Rereading what i wrote it almost feels like i attacked the whole video leaving nothing not even a speck of praise. The representation is great and the video is enjoyable.

Last edited:

Erythrean

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ PROUD MURICAN!!! Hamitic Horner Race
Well first of all macrobians were not somalis they were sudanese. Yes this might come as a surprise for many somalis but they should know better than reading a wiki page.

Havilah is a weird place and not much is known about it. I personally think that it might have been in either yemen or eriteria.

Similarities between somali and ancient egypt doesn't have any major significance. Somali and ancient egyption belong to the afroasiatic language family meaning they are bound to have similarities with each other. The closest language to ancient egyption is amazigh, chadic and arabic while cushitic language is a stand alone.

The zaylac masjid cannot by any means possible be build in the proposed date people on the internet claim.

Finally her somali pronunciation gives off the energy of i really don't know what i'm talking about.
8CC87129-C7F4-429C-83AB-B79F8D73AB5E.png

starts in 798 when Somali ethnogenisis began (whoever lived in the horn before us converted to Islam), meaning that we are around 63 years older than the Germans and the French.
Pretty sure the Somali language already existed prior to 798 (random ass date lmao) and split of from the other Lowland East-Cushitic language a few thousand years earlier. As an identifiable ethnic group, we also existed before 798. Whoever lived in the Horn before Islam was introduced in the Horn were still Somali linguistically and ethnically. Only thing that differentiates you from them is religion.

Also once Islam was introduced to the Somali Peninsula, the people didn't convert all at once. The conversion process to centuries and was syncretic. There were gaal Somalis well into the 13th century who still practiced their Pre-Islamic beliefs as well as Muslim Somalis who combined their old practices with the newly introduced Islamic ones. Our ethnogenesis doesn't begin with Islam.

P.S.
Rereading what i wrote it almost feels like i attacked the whole video leaving nothing not even a speck of praise. The representation is great and the video is enjoyable.
Constructive critique is healthy, but must be objective. Could I ask what you might be basing your assertions on the following:
a) Macrobians being only of Sudanese, and excluding Somalis?
b) What material evidence is there to conclude Havilah is possibly of Yemen, or Eritrea?
c) Her Somali is that of a typical diaspora born person.

Do keep in mind, she is a relatively young person, if that is indeed her at the tail of the clip.

Erythrean

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ PROUD MURICAN!!! Hamitic Horner Race
Constructive critique is healthy, but must be objective. Could I ask what you might be basing your assertions on the following:
b) What material evidence is there to conclude Havilah is possibly of Yemen, or Eritrea?

Do keep in mind, she is a relatively young person, if that is indeed her at the tail of the clip.
What’s Havilah

P.S.
The Macrobians ate lived of a Somali diet eating Meat and drinking Milk and they had Somali features, what made you come to the conclusion they were from Sudan? And what makes you think Havilah is not Somalia?

Garaad diinle

Wouldn't a better question be why do you believe these thing and what sources you have to back you up? You cant through the burden of prove on me specially since you were the one who asked me for what i mean by misconception. It's daunting to look for evidence every single time to prove what i might consider elementary. That's fruit for thought next time.

a) Macrobians which means long lived in greek were first mention by herodotus. When cambyses conquered egypt he planed for a war against ammonians who i think were found in siwa carthaginians who were found in modern day tunis but most likely stretched into libya and macrobians south of egypt. The description of the macrobians is similar to the somalis simply because they were pastoralist and most likely cushitics.

xNCgIz4.png

b) Read this and then ask me from what's inside.

c) Finally my comment on her somali was my own thoughts but if you wanna talk about it i must say i refuse to believe that her pronunciation is that of the average somali in the west. The way she say taalo and tiiriyal is ciyaal say wallahi.

P.S.
The guy who built the saylac musjid is buried beside it. @Shimbiris should lobby some geneticist nerds to get some samples from the area to prove if it really is 1400 years old

Also unpopular opinion: I don't think Cushitic & Omotic should be included in Afro Asiatic. The other branches share way more similarities with eachother than they do with us horners. 10k+ year old language group? Lmao it's ridiculous that's before the invention of agriculture ffs

Trending

Latest posts