History of the Somalis?

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
Well first of all macrobians were not somalis they were sudanese. Yes this might come as a surprise for many somalis but they should know better than reading a wiki page.

Havilah is a weird place and not much is known about it. I personally think that it might have been in either yemen or eriteria.

Similarities between somali and ancient egypt doesn't have any major significance. Somali and ancient egyption belong to the afroasiatic language family meaning they are bound to have similarities with each other. The closest language to ancient egyption is amazigh, chadic and arabic while cushitic language is a stand alone.

The zaylac masjid cannot by any means possible be build in the proposed date people on the internet claim.

Finally her somali pronunciation gives off the energy of i really don't know what i'm talking about.

P.S.
Rereading what i wrote it almost feels like i attacked the whole video leaving nothing not even a speck of praise. The representation is great and the video is enjoyable.
True no one has carbon dated the masjid

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
Constructive critique is healthy, but must be objective. Could I ask what you might be basing your assertions on the following:
a) Macrobians being only of Sudanese, and excluding Somalis?
b) What material evidence is there to conclude Havilah is possibly of Yemen, or Eritrea?
c) Her Somali is that of a typical diaspora born person.

Do keep in mind, she is a relatively young person, if that is indeed her at the tail of the clip.
There are 3 places that people theorized where Havilah is and zeila is just one of the places

Shimbiris

Ψ¨Ω‰ΩŽΨ± ΨΊΩ‰ΩŽΩ„ Ψ₯ي؀ ΨΉΨ’Ω†Ψ€ Ω„Ψ€
VIP
Also unpopular opinion: I don't think Cushitic & Omotic should be included in Afro Asiatic. The other branches share way more similarities with eachother than they do with us horners. 10k+ year old language group? Lmao it's ridiculous that's before the invention of agriculture ffs

Cushitic is actually closest to Semitic and Berber. A lot of more recent branchings tend to group them together as a Cushitic-Semitic-Berber node with them then breaking to Cushitic and Semito-Berber. The three groups also share a lot of specific cultural traits and their language branches are closer to each other than they are to Egyptian and Chadic which are the two youngest break-offs and arguably form a node together. All the brouhaha around Omotic is also mostly nonsense. I've had linguists explain it to me and while I am not skilled enough in their field to reproduce their explanations well here, it is fairly clear based on its morphology that it is AA. Simply the earliest AA cut-off then CSB, then Egyptian and Chadic.

Last edited:

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
Also unpopular opinion: I don't think Cushitic & Omotic should be included in Afro Asiatic. The other branches share way more similarities with eachother than they do with us horners. 10k+ year old language group? Lmao it's ridiculous that's before the invention of agriculture ffs
Natufians are our ancestors and they are I think the earliest speakers of an afro asiatic language

Mek Nimr al-Ja'ali

100% Ja'ali KING
Afro Asiatic is pretty well supported but you need to understand that it’s incredibly old - Proto Semitic was contemporary with Proto Indo European, meaning Afro Asiatic branches are older than entire other superfamilies and therefore have more divergences and differences between each other. Furthermore, we know that a lot of this stuff is legit because Proto AA has writings attributed to it way before any other language superfamily

Cushitic is actually closest to Semitic and Berber. A lot of more recent branchings tend to group them together as a Cushitic-Semitic-Berber node with them then breaking to Cushitic and Semito-Berber. The three groups also share a lot of specific cultural traits and their language branches are closer to each other than they are to Egyptian and Chadic which are the two youngest break-offs and arguably form a node together. All the brouhaha around Omotic is also mostly nonsense. I've had linguists explain it to me and while I am not skilled enough in their field to reproduce their explanations well here, it is fairly clear based on its morphology that it is AA. Simply the earliest AA cut-off then CSB, then Egyptian and Chadic.
I remember reading that Berber -Cahdo Egyptian - Semitic formed their own cluster with Cushitic & Omotic splitting first. Must've been some outdated xaar cause what you're saying is the polar opposite.

Afro Asiatic is pretty well supported but you need to understand that it’s incredibly old - Proto Semitic was contemporary with Proto Indo European, meaning Afro Asiatic branches are older than entire other superfamilies and therefore have more divergences and differences between each other. Furthermore, we know that a lot of this stuff is legit because Proto AA has writings attributed to it way before any other language superfamily
I remember @Shimbiris saying something that was on the lines of Cushitic alone being older than Indo Europeans. :damn: :dead:

Wouldn't a better question be why do you believe these thing and what sources you have to back you up? You cant through the burden of prove on me specially since you were the one who asked me for what i mean by misconception.
In principle, from an engineering perspective, one critiques the body of work of others where one is in the field, and could offer discernible research material of h(er)is own to prove, or otherwise disprove ideas, or concepts in others' works. If no, then it becomes non sequiter.

Nevertheless, simply going by my travels from S. Egypt, Sudan, Morocco, Mauritania, Ethiopia, to Somalia, I could say with confidence, but with no anthropological, or scientific evidence, as these are not my fields of study, peoples in these regions share more than just geography, ergo the interest.

If this is your field of study, even if a hobby, then do share so others could peruse, but if it is just a mere hunch, then [...] .
a) Macrobians which means long lived in greek were first mention by herodotus. When cambyses conquered egypt he planed for a war against ammonians who i think were found in siwa carthaginians who were found in modern day tunis but most likely stretched into libya and macrobians south of egypt. The description of the macrobians is similar to the somalis simply because they were pastoralist and most likely cushitics.
If most likely Cushites, pastoral, and similar to Somalis, could not her conclusion be sound instead of writing it off as a mere coincidence?

Nonetheless, let us see what other qualified SME think, and further discuss the validity of her conclusions.

Erythrean

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ PROUD MURICAN!!! Hamitic Horner Race
Good to know.
Could we be one of Nabi Nuhs decendants?
E56EC35C-C1CA-4DB9-AF14-AE7044DC81A3.png

Garaad diinle

ξ€šξ€žξ€’ξ€œξ€  ξ€ ξ€Ÿξ€‘ξ€ξ€›
In principle, from an engineering perspective, one critiques the body of work of others where one is in the field, and could offer discernible research material of h(er)is own to prove, or otherwise disprove ideas, or concepts in others' works. If no, then it becomes non sequiter.

Nevertheless, simply going by my travels from S. Egypt, Sudan, Morocco, Mauritania, Ethiopia, to Somalia, I could say with confidence, but with no anthropological, or scientific evidence, as these are not my fields of study, peoples in these regions share more than just geography, ergo the interest.

If this is your field of study, even if a hobby, then do share so others could peruse, but if it is just a mere hunch, then [...] .

If most likely Cushites, pastoral, and similar to Somalis, could not her conclusion be sound instead of writing it off as a mere coincidence?

Nonetheless, let us see what other qualified SME think, and further discuss the validity of her conclusions.
What's up with the complicated lingu buddy? Go easy on us folks here you almost speak as if you're some sort of academic, if so i'm sure you don't need to ask me anything rather i'm the one who's supposed to ask you.

Garaad diinle

ξ€šξ€žξ€’ξ€œξ€  ξ€ ξ€Ÿξ€‘ξ€ξ€›
Good man. By the way, as for her pronunciation of certain words, I actually applaud her for making an effort. I am studying Chinese at the moment, and would not want you poking fun at my accent in pronouncing my [x, q, zh, ch], and so forth.
Dayum so you wanna learn mandarin? You sure love a good challenge. Learning the language is one thing but learning how to write chinese characters is a whole different ball game let me tell you that my friend.

All i can say is good luck on that, it'll sure feel great to have that on your resume. I also applaud her for the effort but it must be my somali genes acting up cause us somalis with our age old tradition loves to make fun of how people speak somali or any other language.