HISTORY OF SOMALIS P.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where were we ah.. yes the Proto-Somalis moved into the Juba river valley settling there, There they found some Khoisan Hunter gathers and quickly assimilated them there descendants are theorized to be the Boni people of southern Somalia, the proto-Somalis soon broke off into the Sab and the Samaale, the sab being the Rahenweyen, Tunni,Madiban,and Yibir, the samaale being the Dir, Hawiye, Ajuuran, Garre, Degodia, Hawadle and Gallje'el. You might ask why I didn't include the last 4 tribes in the Hawiye well my friend those tribes are politically Hawiye but genealogy wise they are the Brothers of Irir Samaale(Dir, and Hawiye). I will call them Proto-Hawiye from now on.

By 500c.e the Samaale have domesticated the camel, Camels have been in Somalia for millions of years we knew about them and even hunted them, but their domestication came around this time, the domestication of the camel brought new changes to Somalia,
We went from a semi Agricultural, cattle herding people, to a mainly Nomadic and pastoral people, the expectations being the Sab and a few of the proto-Hawiye tribes,

This domestication of the camel brought migration. The Proto-Dir(Dir, Issac, Darod) started to fan northwards followed by the Hawiye(although less slowly) started to migrate north. I theorize that this migration and domestication of the camel was brought by population pressures in the river valley.

I will now try to address the myth that Issac and Darod are Arab........

NO they are not arab when looking for valid Arab origin in East Africa there are a few things to look for

1.Arabization=Urbanization the issac and darod are very much as nomadic as the rest of Somalis

2. Haplogroups the Darod are E1b1b1a and especially the v12 subclade like most Somalis, now if they were E1b1b2 the subclade found in Yemen that would make sense but no. the Issac, on the other hand, are almost always T a haplogroup found in India????? (Probably picked up from hunter-gathers in the area)

I theorize since they both claim Matralinial ties to Dir these ties are really patrinilial Basically the Proto- Dir is the ancestor of the Issak and Darod. This is also proven by the fact that there are Small Dir minorities all over Somalia especially in Djibouti,Galbeed, and Puntland
Somalia%2BTribes%2BDistribution%2Bin%2BKenya%252C%2BSomalia%252C%2BDjibouti%252C%2BEthiopia.jpg

Last edited:
Where were we ah.. yes the Proto-Somalis moved into the Juba river valley settling there, There they found some Khoisan Hunter gathers and quickly assimilated them there descendants are theorized to be the Boni people of southern Somalia, the proto-Somalis soon broke off into the Sab and the Samaale, the sab being the Rahenweyen, Tunni,Madiban,and Yibir, the samaale being the Dir, Hawiye, Ajuuran, Garre, Degodia, Hawadle and Gallje'el. You might ask why I didn't include the last 4 tribes in the Hawiye well my friend those tribes are politically Hawiye but genealogy wise they are the Brothers of Irir Samaale(Dir, and Hawiye). I will call them Proto-Hawiye from now on.

By 500c.e the Samaale have domesticated the camel, Camels have been in Somalia for millions of years we knew about them and even hunted them, but their domestication came around this time, the domestication of the camel brought new changes to Somalia,
We went from a semi Agricultural, cattle herding people, to a mainly Nomadic and pastoral people, the expectations being the Sab and a few of the proto-Hawiye tribes,

This domestication of the camel brought migration. The Proto-Dir(Dir, Issac, Darod) started to fan northwards followed by the Hawiye(although less slowly) started to migrate north. I theorize that this migration and domestication of the camel was brought by population pressures in the river valley.

I will now try to address the myth that Issac and Darod are Arab........

NO they are not arab when looking for valid Arab origin in East Africa there are a few things to look for

1.Arabization=Urbanization the issac and darod are very much as nomadic as the rest of Somalis

2. Haplogroups the Darod are E1b1b1a and especially the v12 subclade like most Somalis, now if they were E1b1b2 the subclade found in Yemen that would make sense but no. the Issac, on the other hand, are almost always T a haplogroup found in India????? (Probably picked up from hunter-gathers in the area)

I theorize since they both claim Matralinial ties to Dir these ties are really patrinilial Basically the Proto- Dir is the ancestor of the Issak and Darod. This is also proven by the fact that there are Small Dir minorities all over Somalia especially in Djibouti,Galbeed, and Puntland
Somalia%2BTribes%2BDistribution%2Bin%2BKenya%252C%2BSomalia%252C%2BDjibouti%252C%2BEthiopia.jpg

Interesting about the isaaq being mostly T. Although I don’t believe that one bit, here is a question for you. Have you noticed that the isaaq mostly sound like Indians when speaking somali? They add “Dh” to everything unlike the rest of Somalis. Gaadhi instead of Gaari for car for ex. I believe that the T came from the Indian soldiers that the British they so admire used in Africa and is thus quite recent. But I always thought their accent sounded Indianish and genetics seems to back that up at least somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts