Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
First two was in the 1700s

Abissinie-vaugondy-1749.jpg

17923129-colored-1750-map-of-africa.jpg

This is the 1800s

d6102ed18072491162da77bc6111ea21.jpg

This proves that Somalis were capable of state building and only identified as tribes after the fall of the Adel and Ajuran entities (Adel and Cote d'Adjan). I think the end of the 1700s was an era of serious internal wars that resulted in the demographics of the 1800s that hasn't changed much except in the extreme South.

What is interesting is that even after the wars against Ethiopia, the Portugese attack and the Oromo invasions throughout the 1500s-1600s, we still prevailed.

Also, few cities were visible in Antiquity - Xamar, Merka, Barawe, Seylac, Berbera etc. Even the 1800s only adds a few e.g Munguya, Buulxaar, MJ coast etc.

Does anyone have maps going back to the 1400s?

@kobe @Apollo @Helios

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
First two was in the 1700s

View attachment 130065

View attachment 130066

This is the 1800s

View attachment 130067

This proves that Somalis were capable of state building and only identified as tribes after the fall of the Adel and Ajuran entities (Adel and Cote d'Adjan). I think the end of the 1700s was an era of serious internal wars that resulted in the demographics of the 1800s that hasn't changed much except in the extreme South.

What is interesting is that even after the wars against Ethiopia, the Portugese attack and the Oromo invasions throughout the 1500s-1600s, we still prevailed.

Also, few cities were visible in Antiquity - Xamar, Merka, Barawe, Seylac, Berbera etc. Even the 1800s only adds a few e.g Munguya, Buulxaar, MJ coast etc.

Does anyone have maps going back to the 1400s?

@kobe @Apollo @Helios
Are we sure Cote D’Ajan is Ajuuraan? if so that is very interesting that it extends through modern day Puntland.

Mckenzie

VIP
Are we sure Cote D’Ajan is Ajuuraan? if so that is very interesting that it extends through modern day Puntland.

The Maps aren't entirely accurate in terms of placing the areas correctly, i have seen some that place Merka above Xamar. Adel was closer to Puntland than Cote d'Adjan.

somalia-1750-map1-1.jpg

Lol i found this biblical map, who the F is Havilah and Sabtecha :farole:

The_student's_manual_of_ancient_geography,_based_upon_the_Dictionary_of_Greek_and_Roman_geogra...jpg

Imagine if Somalis were united under a powerful entity like Ajuran & lasted long? We would have been powerful & potentially repel the colonial influence. Ethiopians had it lucky, wish I had a time machine.

Mckenzie

VIP
Found an old French map (date?) which is hella confusing. I only recognise the Mer De Barbarie which is what Somalis were called.

20200705_224314.jpg

Another map of the late 1700s, it looks like Xamar became its own city-state and broke off Cote D'Adjan.

20200705_224150.jpg

Last edited:

Mckenzie

VIP
Imagine if Somalis were united under a powerful entity like Ajuran & lasted long? We would have been powerful & potentially repel the colonial influence. Ethiopians had it lucky, wish I had a time machine.

Looks like the Balkanisation has been happening for hundreds of Years, Somalia 1960-1991 only delayed the inevitable.

Mckenzie

VIP
Damn those are the sons of cush
If u look havilah also exist in northern saudi arabia
Im guessiin cushitics always existed in middle east

Map shows Magog in modern day Azerbaijan :jaynerd:

Was Cush a son of Ham? How the hell did he leave descedants in modern day Iraq/Bahrain? It throws a lot of cautious wind to the Cushitic Somali origin. We may have cousins stuck in the Middle East. :hmm: