Hijabi working at buzzfeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all every presenter doesn’t start off presenting the Oscars, they have to start somewhere. So stop trying to diminish her achievements.

Second, starting a business is easier than actually becoming a presenter, there is so much competition and to do so people often have to have ‘contacts’ which this girl probably doesn’t have.

Third, running a business is not for everyone, people should find what they’re good at and pursuit it. It’s nice that we have more representation in the media, may this continue.

you could've just said that in various single paragraph, this discussion just seems to be context dependent.

What I should've added on my other post was that I also do not understand that why is it that within somalis if an individual happens to work within anything it's seen as a achievement for all, a monolithic homogenised achievement, a girl goes on buzzfeed = all somali girls win.

That I'll never understand

you could've just said that in various single paragraph, this discussion just seems to be context dependent.

What I should've added on my other post was that I also do not understand that why is it that within somalis if an individual happens to work within anything it's seen as a achievement for all, a monolithic homogenised achievement, a girl goes on buzzfeed = all somali girls win.

That I'll never understand

I like that Somali girls are rooting for eachother instead of tearing eachother down like other communities. This is a good thing and I don’t understand why you are threatened by this and why you are using your precious time to knock down the achievements of someone.

You need to think about why you are so keen to minimise the achievements of others. I don’t know you but people who do this are often not happy with their own lives.

I like that Somali girls are rooting for eachother instead of tearing eachother down like other communities. This is a good thing and I don’t understand why you are threatened by this and why you are using your precious time to knock down the achievements of someone.

You need to think about why you are so keen to minimise the achievements of others. I don’t know you but people who do this are often not happy with their own lives.

It is erroneous for you to assume I'm threatened or that I am devoid of happiness, what threat is there in any of this, what is there in this that can devoid anyone of happiness in life?

Stick to the topic Mr Knowles, this senseless support for anything a Somali does on the big screen is ignorance, not too long ago apparently somali women were winning all because two ajaanib men had them as girlfriends, is that an achievement to you?

Once again we are not monolithic in the sense that if any somali appears on the big screen this is good for all of us, a good example of a achievement is mo farah, but appearing on a platform such as buzzfeed that propagates views that are antithetical to our culture and our religion is not an achievement for her nor any of us, this is just an opinion of mine.

It is erroneous for you to assume I'm threatened or that I am devoid of happiness, what threat is there in any of this, what is there in this that can devoid anyone of happiness in life?

Stick to the topic Mr Knowles, this senseless support for anything a Somali does on the big screen is ignorance, not too long ago apparently somali women were winning all because two ajaanib men had them as girlfriends, is that an achievement to you?

Once again we are not monolithic in the sense that if any somali appears on the big screen this is good for all of us, a good example of a achievement is mo farah, but appearing on a platform such as buzzfeed that propagates views that are antithetical to our culture and our religion is not an achievement for her nor any of us, this is just an opinion of mine.

Buzzfeed is a fun youthful outlet made out of click bait articles. Why are you bringing religion and culture into it? It is not that deep. If you don’t like buzzfeed that’s fine but that doesn’t mean others shouldn’t be proud to work for them.

Like I said getting a job in the media is incredibly difficult. I like seeing other Somalis succeed in their aspirations. Every one of your posts screens jealousy and contempt. Honestly get over it and do something with your life. How can you receive anything good when you get so hostile when others get anything?

I’m proud of Mo Farah because I know where he started from and I’m also proud of this girl. If you want us to be proud of you do something in your life that’s worth noting. Not sitting here slating young girls. I can tell you’re struggling in life because I’ve never seen a successful person who spreads negativity. Or a happy person who likes to rain on other people’s parade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending