They got rejected and now are trying to offer deals

They should remain rejected until

1. They withdraw from ICJ case and give up on Somali sea
2. Withdraw from Jubaland

They got rejected and now are trying to offer deals

They should remain rejected until

1. They withdraw from ICJ case and give up on Somali sea
2. Withdraw from Jubaland
Keep dreaming do you think Kenya will withdraw from Somalia because of Khat or ICJ?
The ICJ issue has been stalled by Farmajo regime and infact fired most of the competent lawyers.

As for troops in JL.They are on AMISOm mandate.

They come as apackage.There is no non AMISOM KDF in JL.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Keep dreaming do you think Kenya will withdraw from Somalia because of Khat or ICJ?
The ICJ issue has been stalled by Farmajo regime and infact fired most of the competent lawyers.

As for troops in JL.They are on AMISOm mandate.

They come as apackage.There is no non AMISOM KDF in JL.

Khaat business is clearly important to them, they are currently bleeding money, so we need to keep using it to damage them until they kneel to us. Thats why you ask for the moon like withdrawing from ICJ case and better budget allocation to NFD Somalis

But Khat still gets flown in from Ethiopia. This is not a win for us as people still consume the drug. If the people became drugfree then I'd call it great progress.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Kenyan delegation: "Brothers, please resume buying our drugs... Huge portion of our population depend on the export of Khat to Somalia, be merciful to those poor Kenyan families EVEN THOUGH IT'S A POISON TO YOUR PEOPLE".

:kanyehmm:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
But Khat still gets flown in from Ethiopia. This is not a win for us as people still consume the drug. If the people became drugfree then I'd call it great progress.

Jaadh/qhaat is pretty interwoven in our culture, its gonna probably take more than a ban to get people off it.

Jaadh/qhaat is pretty interwoven in our culture, its gonna probably take more than a ban to get people off it.

I mean it can be purchased in market stalls and shops. Its too accessible. The government should implement strict border patrol and inflict strict punishment on smugglers/ dealers and users sent to 1 year of rehab.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I mean it can be purchased in market stalls and shops. Its too accessible. The government should implement strict border patrol and inflict strict punishment on smugglers/ dealers and users sent to 1 year of rehab.

Agreed, complete border control should come as the army numbers continue to grow

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
I despise qaad and have never taken a lick of it. It needs major reform either to be made as a watered down espresso type of drink or to be completely outlawed. Abuukar Awaale gets no credit he should really be regarded as a national hero.
Bro if AS can ban it and if the ICU can ban it there is no reason for the Somali government to be so incompetent. We give so many excuses to the most corrupt set of governments on earth its ridiculous.

OffTheDome

Proud American
I said this before and I’ll say it again. :fittytousand:

I'd give khat 10 years, and every year I’d take 10% of it away, then the 10th and final year ban khat and make it completely illegal.

I will start a massive employment campaign. Give these people hope and dreams of a better future so that they don’t need to waste their time chewing Khat. Also extra-curricular activities/internships/volunteering for the young so they don’t start. Start with rehab for addicts as well and educating the youth

Khat is not something you can take away immediately, Afweyn Barre tried in the 80s and failed miserably. There are people who depend on it for work. you have to give the farmers time as well

Trending

Latest posts