Help with a homework in computer aided engineering.

Tjioux

the pussy is never yours, its just your turn.
Hey i need some help with a home work. I have to draw this object manually.

How should i begin?

Would appricate if someone could help me out
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
I'm assuming that you're using AutoCAD. But if you're using Solidworks, it's probably the same.

To get the 28 degree part, make an isosceles triangle with a 13 inch base and 28 degree angle at the top. Then make your 3 x 3 box with a height of 11.5 inches PLUS the height of your triangle. Now subtract the triangle shape from your box. The top point of the triangle should be flush with the top of the box. Subtract it from the box in the pattern shown. Finally, cut off the excess height from the top of the box to make its height 20 inches.

The only tricky part is being able to use the tools correctly. You'll need to be able to extrude, subtract, and be able to make a triangle with a set angle and base.

Tjioux

I'm assuming that you're using AutoCAD. But if you're using Solidworks, it's probably the same.

To get the 28 degree part, make an isosceles triangle with a 13 inch base and 28 degree angle at the top. Then make your 3 x 3 box with a height of 11.5 inches PLUS the height of your triangle. Now subtract the triangle shape from your box. The top point of the triangle should be flush with the top of the box. Subtract it from the box in the pattern shown. Finally, cut off the excess height from the top of the box to make its height 20 inches.

The only tricky part is being able to use the tools correctly. You'll need to be able to extrude, subtract, and be able to make a triangle with a set angle and base.

Thanks for your input sxb! But no, i'm actually suppose to do this manually and not use any AutoCad or SolidWorks

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Thanks for your input sxb! But no, i'm actually suppose to do this manually and not use any AutoCad or SolidWorks
How do you they expect you to do computer aided design without a computer? Maybe try tracing it.
:mjlol:

Tjioux

How do you they expect you to do computer aided design without a computer? Maybe try tracing it.
:mjlol:

Thats why im a little confused about this assignment bro, can't go down to uni either due to the lock down:bell:

From my understanding, i need to draw three pictures that describe the details of the object.
One from above, one from the side, and one inside the object(if you imagine it like cutting it in half )

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts