KinsiHilaac

Pretend there is a title here
Youtubeka waxa kujira hees la dhaho Diryam waxana heesa Khadiijo qalanjo

Erayaha ka mid ah waa

“ Diriyam ohoo diriyam,
Diriyam dhooxada ka yeer
Diriyam oo dhiririglee
Diriyam weligaa ha damin

Marka sideey uu hesayso beey wexey leedahay “ Durbaan, dadkuu waa madow, durbaan hiddahaaga doon”

Ani marka waxan u qaatey ineey madow oga la jeedo madownimada dadka midab ahaantooda

Laakin waxaan isdhahay amaan wax khaldey
ameey ka wadey dadku ineey qalbi jabeen oo rajo beeleen oo sababtaasi eey ugu xejinayso “ Hiddahaaga soon” dhaqan raadsasho eey nagu wacayso.

Bal fikradaada ila qeeybso maxeey “ Dadku waa madow” ka wadey

Dubraan cirku waa madow*
Durbaan hiddahaaga doon,
Durbaan dumarkiyo raggaba,
Durbaan daawaad u tahayee,
Durbaan weligaa ha damin.

* Meaning, it is night time, which is synonymous with when 'ardaa la yagleeley reeru u soo hoydo, xoolahana la soo dheelmo, dhallintu jara-butayn iyo haasaawe u baxaan'; it does not happen during the day, ergo 'cirku madow'. Traditionally, nomads, engage in fun and games, activities, and social gatherings in the evenings after a long, arduous day.

Or so says I.

KinsiHilaac

Dubraan cirku waa madow*
Durbaan hiddahaaga doon,
Durbaan dumarkiyo raggaba,
Durbaan daawaad u tahayee,
Durbaan weligaa ha damin.

* Meaning, it is night time, which is synonymous with when 'ardaa la yagleeley reeru u soo hoydo, xoolahana la soo dheelmo, dhallintu jara-butayn iyo haasaawe u baxaan'; it does not happen during the day, ergo 'cirku madow'. Traditionally, nomads, engage in fun and games, activities, and social gatherings in the evenings after a long, arduous day.

Or so says I.

Laakin cir meey soo hadal qaadin wexey tiri “dadku waa madow” ku cesho heesta hal mar laga yaaba inaan anigu wax khalday

Garaad diinle

 
I think that diriyam means echo or the sound of the drum. I've been told when i was little that the song is bad because of it's origin or relation to mingis.

Laakin cir meey soo hadal qaadin wexey tiri “dadku waa madow” ku cesho heesta hal mar laga yaaba inaan anigu wax khalday
Oh it is just the audio quality is rather poor, with a great deal of attenuation in its decibels, and its annunciation distorted. For example, listen to the next 'bayd' - 'hiddahaaga doon' sounds much like 'ciddahaaga doon'.

Ever dabbled in DJ'ing?

It may sound 'dadku waa madow', but it is 'cirku waa madow'. Do bear its relevance in mind, for in poetry there is a syntactic flow where each subsequent 'bayd' flows from the preceding 'bayd', and so it goes.

What are you doing listenging to 'qalanjo', ma cishqibaa ku haleelay (kaftan) :)

Food for thought.

Postscript:
Speaking of sound quality, it reminds me of Charlotte Green bursting into giggles, whilst reading news bulletin on Radio 4, having just listened to the first human voice recording of Au clair de la lune.

KinsiHilaac

Oh it is just the audio quality is rather poor, with a great deal of attenuation in its decibels, and its annunciation distorted. For example, listen to the next 'bayd' - 'hiddahaaga doon' sounds much like 'ciddahaaga doon'.

Ever dabbled in DJ'ing?

It may sound 'dadku waa madow', but it is 'cirku waa madow'. Do bear its relevance in mind, for in poetry there is a syntactic flow where each subsequent 'bayd' flows from the preceding 'bayd', and so it goes.

What are you doing listenging to 'qalanjo', ma cishqibaa ku haleelay (kaftan) :)

Food for thought.

Postscript:
Speaking of sound quality, it reminds me of Charlotte Green bursting into giggles, whilst reading news bulletin on Radio 4, having just listened to the first human voice recording of Au clair de la lune.
That’s wild bro 😭😭😭😭 What the h was going on in the video

But real talk I am in love with the diryam song because it’s so pretty and I guess cirku waa madow makes more sense

Keep blessing me with your comments I don’t usually hear a lot of refreshing stuff here

That’s wild bro 😭😭😭😭 What the h was going on in the video

But real talk I am in love with the diryam song because it’s so pretty and I guess cirku waa madow makes more sense

Keep blessing me with your comments I don’t usually hear a lot of refreshing stuff here
I thought you would get a bit of bubble bath early on the morn ( that is cockney for laugh, lest unfamiliar).

If you like that beat, you may like Durdur's rendition of this old classic with Shimaali.

As a practice, see if you could transcribe the lyrics.

Trending