Heavy Somali involvement in progressive and woke causes is getting very exhausting

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to 🇨🇦 #DefundUN
Staff Member

Why don't they ever focus on issues that matter to their communities? This country has gone to shit honestly with the racism agenda every single day. Give it a rest.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP

Why don't they ever focus on issues that matter to their communities? This country has gone to shit honestly with the racism agenda every single day. Give it a rest.
Why not? Wanting to change a slave owner's name from the school your kids attend isn't bad

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
we can't complain about racism right??

Every single day? With no other topics or issues to discuss? Why is the media and community focusing on this 24/7? They need to get a life and focus on the bigger issues that plague them: unemployment, black on black crime, high school drop outs, single mother households, the list is endless. I have never heard a solution to these problems and when they do have something to say, they blame whitey.

I cringed when I saw that pic today lol, these BLM Somali types want to have a oppressed past for sympathy/pandering points.

Irony is their ppl were slave traders/owners :lolbron:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Every single day? With no other topics or issues to discuss? Why is the media and community focusing on this 24/7? They need to get a life and focus on the bigger issues that plague them: unemployment, black on black crime, high school drop outs, single mother households, the list is endless. I have never heard a solution to these problems and when they do have something to say, they blame whitey.
lol if you care about it so much then go out and start making changes. Otherwise stop sitting in your room complaining about what other people do.

So what if they change the names of schools? Does that hurt you? Do you expect them to solve world hunger instead?

“focus on bigger issues” lol it’s truly ironic. You’re not focusing on these issues yet you expect them to do it for you. What solution do you have?

I don’t get why you’re so mad. Does it make your life harder when they change the name of a school? Or do you think they should be doing more to help you and your community? Things you yourself aren’t actively doing?

If you answered no to either of those questions you’re just faking outrage

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
1623729765183.png

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
lol if you care about it so much then go out and start making changes. Otherwise stop sitting in your room complaining about what other people do.

So what if they change the names of schools? Does that hurt you? Do you expect them to solve world hunger instead?

“focus on bigger issues” lol it’s truly ironic. You’re not focusing on these issues yet you expect them to do it for you. What solution do you have?

I don’t get why you’re so mad. Does it make your life harder when they change the name of a school? Or do you think they should be doing more to help you and your community? Things you yourself aren’t actively doing?

If you answered no to either of those questions you’re just faking outrage

You're right. I don't give a damn about those problems. I don't live there and I don't have to face those issues. But they should give a damn about those issues because those are their biggest problems.

My issue isn't about changing the school names which I do support. My issue is the constant spotlight by the community. That's all they worry about. That is the only thing on their agenda.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
You're right. I don't give a damn about those problems. I don't live there and I don't have to face those issues. But they should give a damn about those issues because those are their biggest problems.

My issue isn't about changing the school names which I do support. My issue is the constant spotlight. That's all they worry about. That is the only thing on their agenda.
Somalia aren’t actually always in the spotlight, I mean they are occasionally. But what else do you expect from a large minor to group. I’m sure Jamaicans and South Asians are in it more than us, but you just notice Somalis more because you’re Somali.

Be honest, if there was a jamaican lady on the cover would you have even looked twice? You’d probably forget about it the next minute. So even if you saw hundreds of Jamaicans on articles you’d eventually disregard them and forget about them. But seeing Somalis catches your eyes more often so you think they’re more common.

Trust me, Somalis are more known for gang activities in Toronto than public activism. I’ll let you decide if that’s a good or bad thing.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Somalia aren’t actually always in the spotlight, I mean they are occasionally. But what else do you expect from a large minor to group. I’m sure Jamaicans and South Asians are in it more than us, but you just notice Somalis more because you’re Somali.

Be honest, if there was a jamaican lady on the cover would you have even looked twice? You’d probably forget about it the next minute. So even if you saw hundreds of Jamaicans on articles you’d eventually disregard them and forget about them. But seeing Somalis catches your eyes more often so you think they’re more common.

Trust me, Somalis are more known for gang activities in Toronto than public activism. I’ll let you decide if that’s a good or bad thing.

No one obsesses over race in Canada more than Somalis. Every week there is an article or video. Their voices are extremely loud on social media and in news media when it comes to this topic. Jamaicans and South Asians are not even close when it comes to the spotlight.

Last edited:
What exactly do they plan on renaming almost 600 schools? It's a waste of time no one's glorifying the bastards anyway. OP I agree, we can be supportive but this isn't our fight.

They're better off focusing on teaching students Indigenous history/perspectives, getting them providing the same academic & extracurricular opportunities to underprivileged vs wealthier schools and actually doing something about culturally/racially insensitive teachers instead of feel-good, empty gestures like this.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I do see Somalis at the forefront of many social justice causes and groups. I mean if it pays their bills be my guest. Somalis are recent arrivals, they haven't been in Canada as long as the Caribbean and Black Nova Scotians (which immigrated a long time ago). When people refer to slavery it's usually in reference to (1) the underground railroad or (2) transatlantic slavery of a small number of West African populations and slavery of indigenous Canadian groups like the Panis in French Canada. There was also slavery in British North America but to a lesser extent in the 17th/18th C.

The name change seems more like window dressing like @orangeskys said but if they want a facelift so be it.

What exactly do they plan on renaming almost 600 schools? It's a waste of time no one's glorifying the bastards anyway. OP I agree, we can be supportive but this isn't our fight.

They're better off focusing on teaching students Indigenous history/perspectives, getting them providing the same academic & extracurricular opportunities to underprivileged vs wealthier schools and actually doing something about culturally/racially insensitive teachers instead of feel-good, empty gestures like this.
That's tough and no one wants to do the work to make that happen. Even if they do try, there is alot of red tape ( I remember how hard it was just to get Hodan Nalayeh's name approved).

Psychologist

Changemaker
How does the white dic feel like?

All many seem to do is complain about 'wokeness' and how those types don't help their community. I for on do not see the anti- 'SJW's do anything worthwhile as well tbh. In fact, the ones that complain about BLM the most are on clubhouse and twitter calling madows all sorts of names instead of uplifting their own community.

All in all, I think as people we love complaining, rather than actually doing anything.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
All many seem to do is complain about 'wokeness' and how those types don't help their community. I for on do not see the anti- 'SJW's do anything worthwhile as well tbh. In fact, the ones that complain about BLM the most are on clubhouse and twitter calling madows all sorts of names instead of uplifting their own community.

All in all, I think as people we love complaining, rather than actually doing anything.
Anti-SJW weirdos are genuinely the most annoying people on the internet. Constantly calcaaling and never doing anything aside from harassing the occasional minority on twitter then patting themselves on the back like f@gs.

@AbdiGaalDoon the constant offenders of aabo la'aan ilmo are old washed up odays. Why not rant and rave against them for a change?

I have conflicted feelings on this, on one hand I do feel somewhat annoyed that a somali is dedicating his/her time on this minuscule thing. On the other hand I will probably forget that is happened in a hour or two and continue with my day.

Anti-sjws are making it that somalis are at the forefont of every sjw movement. Not hard to notice if you actively search for these things. If it does not harm somalis let it go.

Trending