Heavy Somali involvement in progressive and woke causes is getting very exhausting

What exactly do they plan on renaming almost 600 schools? It's a waste of time no one's glorifying the bastards anyway. OP I agree, we can be supportive but this isn't our fight.

They're better off focusing on teaching students Indigenous history/perspectives, getting them providing the same academic & extracurricular opportunities to underprivileged vs wealthier schools and actually doing something about culturally/racially insensitive teachers instead of feel-good, empty gestures like this.
symbolism is a huge thing for progressives. In reality renaming a school makes zero difference and I bet most of us who went to school wouldnt know why the school was named what it was or who the person was. But they prefer to focus on these type of things

All many seem to do is complain about 'wokeness' and how those types don't help their community. I for on do not see the anti- 'SJW's do anything worthwhile as well tbh. In fact, the ones that complain about BLM the most are on clubhouse and twitter calling madows all sorts of names instead of uplifting their own community.

All in all, I think as people we love complaining, rather than actually doing anything.
Have you seen the state of Somalia? Places where Somalis are the vast majority? Nuff said. I find it revolting when especially young men sit behind a computer in their mom’s basement and criticize every little thing while never lifting a finger or solving problems.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Many of them are economic migrants. Also, they have no problems taking out loans, whilst Somalis being Muslim we believe Riba is haram which is why other Africans are able to get ahead when it comes to buying houses. I don't think being 'woke' is stopping people achieving what they want, because we have enough anti-woke Abdis and they aren't in a better position tbh. All they do is complain.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Many of them are economic migrants. Also, they have no problems taking out loans, whilst Somalis being Muslim believe Riba is haram which is why they are able to get ahead when it comes to buying houses. I don't think being 'woke' is stopping people achieving what they want, because if it did we have enough anti-woke Abdis and they aren't in a better position tbh.

All people who immigrate are economic migrants. Did you mean to say they are skilled immigrants? Eritreans and Ethiopians and Congolese and most other Africans are refugees.

Almost all Somalis in post secondary have no problem taking student loans, whose interest rates are higher than mortgage rates. Many even get bank loans for their brand new cars instead of paying cash for an older model. Many don't pay off their credit card debt and are fine with 18% interest. So I don't buy the argument that Somalis don't buy homes at 1.5% mortgage rates because it's haram. I know many Somalis who have but no where near as the other African immigrants and it is because they are not capable of doing so, most likely due focusing on the wrong priorities, like blaming whitey.

All people who immigrate are economic migrants. Did you mean to say they are skilled immigrants? Eritreans and Ethiopians and Congolese and most other Africans are refugees.

Almost all Somalis in post secondary have no problem taking student loans, whose interest rates are higher than mortgage rates. Many even get bank loans for their brand new cars instead of paying cash for an older model. Many don't pay off their credit card debt and are fine with 18% interest. So I don't buy the argument that Somalis don't buy homes at 1.5% mortgage rates because it's haram. I know many Somalis who have but no where near as the other African immigrants and it is because they are not capable of doing so, most likely due focusing on the wrong priorities, like blaming whitey.

I'm from the UK. We're a lot more conservative. Older gen for the most part avoid Riba like the plague.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP

Somali's avoid mortgages with interest because they believe it's xaraam which is pretty stupid when they regularly use credit. Cars are vital, credit cards help pay off living costs but home mortgages seem like too much because gov housing is already a better alternative.

They grew up in a completely different culture and fail to see the social costs of raising your kids in an area with low/subsidised rent.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Somali's avoid mortgages with interest because they believe it's xaraam which is pretty stupid when they regularly use credit. Cars are vital, credit cards help pay off living costs but home mortgages seem like top much because gov housing is already a better alternative.

They grew up in a completely different culture and fail to see the social costs of raising your kids in an area with low/subsidised rent.

There is also no return in investment when they pay interest for their car loans and credit card debt. Their argument against mortgages never made any sense.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
There is also no return in investment when they pay interest for their car loans and credit card debt.
A loan on a home is orders of magnitudes larger and coupled with the view they're not here to stay in their host nation it just seems like a bad investment all round when they can pocket their money and buy a villa in their tuulo. You're looking at it from a whole different viewpoint.

Somali's avoid mortgages with interest because they believe it's xaraam which is pretty stupid when they regularly use credit. Cars are vital, credit cards help pay off living costs but home mortgages seem like too much because gov housing is already a better alternative.

Somalis have become ilbaax. Many are buying houses now.

[QUOTE="Angelina, post: 2972880,
All in all, I think as people we love complaining, rather than actually doing anything.
[/QUOTE]

Isn't that human nature?

Trending