Have you noticed this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever you offer older somalis some food, they say I just ate I am not hungry even if they are. Then the guests kind of forces them to not be shy which they eventually accept the offering. Why do they do that. If you're hungry and someone offers food say yes and thank you. Marabtaa? Haa mahadsanid. Change the subject done.
My little brother has seen somali people say no every time. My friend came to our house and we made him bomb ass shax. When we gave it to him he said yes and took the shax.

My little brother in the corner was like, I was hoping you would say no so I can take it
:mjlol::lolbron: My friend was like kan gangster waaya..

Last edited:

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Lol I guess it's our culture to not seem to eager and deny a few times.
One thing I hate is when some habaryar comes to your home and says I really like your such and such and apparently my hoyo is like in our culture if they do a lot you sort of have to offer them it.
I don't swear alot but that pisses me off so much do you know what and how many things we've had to "give away":noneck: it's not small things

Lol I guess it's our culture to not seem to eager and deny a few times.
One thing I hate is when some habaryar comes to your home and says I really like your such and such and apparently my hoyo is like in our culture if they do a lot you sort of have to offer them it.
I don't swear alot but that pisses me off so much do you know what and how many things we've had to "give away":noneck: it's not small things
My mom did that with clothes she just bought. My dad bought me a shirt once and he gave it to my third cousin who never visits because he liked it. I was angry :fittytousand:

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Most of the time is either they're shy or just want the advantage of eating without acting greedy. I recall some folks who used that in feasts and lost the whole damn thing.

An example of it in somali tho.
The host: Kaale muraad ayaan qabna, kasoo qeeb gal

The guest/visitor: Maye, marabi hada ayaan wax soo cune; to make it worse he adds wllhi:siilaanyolaugh:

The host: War waxweyn maaha ee nin rag iska dhig cuntada/badarka kala kici dee

The guest/visitor: Maye eedo hade ayaan soo cune wallahi

The host: Haye dhib malaho, nin qooqan baa/ayaa tahey . Waaye dee!

I intervened and guy was like, Did I overreact?:siilaanyosmile:

I told him your choice:kanyeshrug:

Most of the time is either they're shy or just want the advantage of eating without acting greedy. I recall some folks who used that in feasts and lost the whole damn thing.

An example of it in somali tho.
The host: Kaale muraad ayaan qabna, kasoo qeeb gal

The guest/visitor: Maye, marabi hada ayaan wax soo cune; to make it worse he adds wllhi:siilaanyolaugh:

The host: War waxweyn maaha ee nin rag iska dhig cuntada/badarka kala kici dee

The guest/visitor: Maye eedo hade ayaan soo cune wallahi

The host: Haye dhib malaho, nin qooqan baa/ayaa tahey . Waaye dee!

I intervened and guy was like, Did I overreact?:siilaanyosmile:

I told him your choice:kanyeshrug:
The guest should have stopped after the second time. Us youngins don't care to ask twice. I go cadaan style. You want some? No. I say Ok and eat in front of them.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
The guest should have stopped after the second time. Us youngins don't care to ask twice. I go cadaan style. You want some? No. I say Ok and eat in front of them.
You know that's some f#cked up way to ask for something while trying to ignore things:siilaanyolaugh:.

Be straightforward and will get what you want in life:fittytousand:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending