Have you gotten more anti social with age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
I’ve noticed I’m becoming less and less social. I used to look forward to hanging out with friends and now it feels more like a dreaded chore. The last thing I want to do on my days off is to go out with people. I’ve already lost touch with so many people because I just can’t keep up with the friendships.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I’ve noticed I’m becoming less and less social. I used to look forward to hanging out with friends and now it feels more like a dreaded chore. The last thing I want to do on my days off is to go out with people. I’ve already lost touch with so many people because I just can’t keep with the friendships.

You are getting wiser as u age. With age comes Wisdom. I had that Wisdom when i was in my 20s, thoughts friends just cause problems in your life. U dont need them. U need Allaah swt. Thats it :)

NotMyL

VIP
You are getting wiser as u age. With age comes Wisdom. I had that Wisdom when i was in my 20s, thoughts friends just cause problems in your life. U dont need them. U need Allaah swt. Thats it :)
I agree, I had those kinds of friends back in high school but I have made some good friends in college, I never had problem with drama, they aren’t those type of people. I just noticed I like to be home on my days off and go to quite dinner/movie with hubby maybe with age I just become boring lol

Ugaaso

Deni
Ever since I've gone dark and inactive of all my social media accounts; I feel less social and unaware of what's happening with my friends.

NotMyL

VIP
Ever since I've gone dark and inactive of all my social media accounts; I feel less social and unaware of what's happening with my friends.
How long have you been without your sm? I currently only use Instagram. I’m thinking of taking a break from it, at least until after Ramadan.

It's part of maturity and growing up, most people never get out of this phase and as a result never develop anything in life.

My experience is the opposite, I started off as an extreme extrovert until I hit 19 then turned antisocial until 29, but now finally found balance by incorporating very few like-minded friends I found.

It seems to me you have outgrown your friends and no longer have time for all that petty meaningless time-wasting fruitless endeavours, it comes with age.

halwa

✨🌙
I’m quite the opposite. I see my friends as my sisters and I can’t imagine life without them. These are people I was friends with since school. I’ve just returned from a trip to Egypt with them. I have just come to realisation that I need people around me to function.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Low maintenance friendships are the best. People you dont need to see or speak with because the mutual love and respect is timeless

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
During the beginning stage of my journey to positivity, It was very difficult because my friends did not understand the transition and I had to make the hard decision of walking this path alone and making new friends based on common interest. Never be ashamed to grow as a person and expand ur wings towards a new horizon:)

Apparently 33% of your friends hate you. 33% are indifferent to you and 33% are genuine. I heard that somewhere. It's probably true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts