Have you altered your geeljire name to fit in a more xenophobic Western society ?

I believe you have to have certain amount of posts before you can rate.

That’s what happens when parents try to give their kids unique names. Stick to simple names. All the young kids nowadays have these weird unique names no one knows how to pronounce or what it means.

Tbh honest. Somali names are not that Unique at all its mostly Cabdirahmaan or cabdulahi , Maxamed.

Macalin M

Out here

That’s what happens when parents try to give their kids unique names. Stick to simple names. All the young kids nowadays have these weird unique names no one knows how to pronounce or what it means.
I’m naming my kids unique names inshallah. (Somali names)

If I am 12 years old why do you want to know my name sxb? Stop harassing me I’m a minor kkkkkkkk

Nobody is harassing you. You just keep telling how mysterious your name is that even your own family members cant pronounce it. Might aswell tell your name then lol

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Lol their mohameds are Mo. I work with an Indian called harpoon. Typical easy Indian name. He goes by Harry proudly
Lol we don’t have many South Asians here, we have East Asians and they are the same, they’re all Steve, John, David with Yang and Chong last names :hova:

If I get kids inshallah I have the following names in mind

Boys
1. Muxammed 2. Ka3ab 3. Nuaym 4. Sharmaarke 5. Zayed 6. Musa 7.Haruun 8.Usama

Girls
1. Maryam 2. Fatima 3. Aisha 4. Intesar 5. Romeysa 6. Bilqis 7.Bisan 8.Dahaba

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I got lucky with my name. Foreign/Somali (even if a lot of Somalis haven’t heard it before) but not too butchery, easily shortened, and not religiously affiliated.

Udgoon?

Asli?

Rouen (Ruun)

Saharla?

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

You’re absolutely right ! I’ve been noticing. These young Hooyo fobs be going overboard with unheard of names that sound like something they captured from watching Bollywood. We’re becoming like the cursed A&A with strange chemical plant names like Plexico ( there was an NFL player named Plexico).

You’re absolutely right ! I’ve been noticing. These young Hooyo fobs be going overboard with unheard of names that sound like something they captured from watching Bollywood. We’re becoming like the cursed A&A with strange chemical plant names like Plexico ( there was an NFL player named Plexico).

Lol this was also a thing in the 70's.

Names like Diana - Baaris (Paris)

I even met this aunty when I was a child her name was Baarliin :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:.

I was like Baarliin, you mean Berlin habaryar ?

:damn:

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
:chrisfreshhah::lolbron::dead::damn::deadmanny:
Lol this was also a thing in the 70's.

Names like Diana - Baaris (Paris)

I even met this aunty when I was a child her name was Baarliin :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:.

I was like Baarliin, you mean Berlin habaryar ?

:damn:

They love naming Western cities after their daughters. Goes to show the inferiority complex.
Somalis are the only people in Africa where they name their kids after cities and countries of Europea but when you tell them to name their kids “Africa” they’ll be like “ha iga habaarin ilmaha” :drakelaugh:

I’m like “lady! You are naming your child “Berlin...London...Rome” why not “Kinshasa...Abidjan...Nairobi...Abuja...Lomé”..”

Last edited:
:chrisfreshhah::lolbron::dead::damn::deadmanny:

They love naming Western cities after their daughters. Goes to show the inferiority complex.
Somalis are the only people in Africa where they name their kids after cities and countries of Europea but when you tell them to name their kids “Africa” they’ll be like “ha iga habaarin ilmaha” :drakelaugh:[/QUOTE

This inferiority complex has to stop wallah. We can not become like Djiboutabs who think the French are superior to then or the Capo Verdes whom the Portuguese colonized so hard that they dont even speak their own language no more

Trending