Have you altered your geeljire name to fit in a more xenophobic Western society ?

No, but I have a unique name that sounds super close to an English name so I had a couple of teachers/friends who just called me the English name

Yeah man They call me Chris during the weekend and on the weekend they call me Jimcaale.

Loo what kind of slave mentality is that:what1:

Instead of chanching my name I just mispronounce their names like a real Somali would.
:ufdup:
Peter: Beeder
Bob: Boob
James: Jaamiis.

VixR

Veritas
I got lucky with my name. Foreign/Somali (even if a lot of Somalis haven’t heard it before) but not too butchery, easily shortened, and not religiously affiliated.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
No my name is easy to pronounce but even if I had a hard one I don’t think I will ever change my name, what kind Asian bs is this?

Macalin M

Out here
No my name is easy to pronounce but even if I had a hard one I don’t think I will ever change my name, what kind Asian bs is this?
Even some Somalis struggle to pronounce my name. Everyone calls me by my great grandads name or a Somali variation of my name.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
I want to rate this comment. How do you do it I'm new lol
I believe you have to have certain amount of posts before you can rate.
Even some Somalis struggle to pronounce my name. Everyone calls me by my great grandads name or a Somali variation of my name.
That’s what happens when parents try to give their kids unique names. Stick to simple names. All the young kids nowadays have these weird unique names no one knows how to pronounce or what it means.

Lol their mohameds are Mo. I work with an Indian called harpoon. Typical easy Indian name. He goes by Harry proudly

Trending

Latest posts