have u ever met a non somali who claimed to be somali?

Yeah our bad rep is mostly due to the girls.
The guys aren’t loud and embarrassing
They lowkey, they just go about their lives, the roadman is busy doing roads, the arab wannabes are in the salafi masjids, bum is his mother’s basement playing games and the high value guy is pursuing his career / creating his empire.

xalimos are the loud and embarrassing ones, always on twitter tweeting about how much they hate being Somali and how somalis ain’t shit

but that’s women for u,its female nature to be destructive especially low class females.

Thank god i live in holland some poeple still dont know what a somali is. iam not gonna lie
reer uk is kinda emberassing back then but now they have upgraded. now you have yemenis claiming to be somali🤣🤣

Oh all the time! I had a translating job once upon a time, for hospitals etc. I would very often be called into translate for a Somali who wasn’t Somali and didn’t speak a word of Somali.

I've heard of this happening. How do you handle this? Do you tell?

There are many Tanzanians/Zanzibaris who claimed to be Somali minorities when applying for asylum.

Claiming to be from Kismayo and that they speak a different dialect.

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
I've heard of this happening. How do you handle this? Do you tell?

There are many Tanzanians/Zanzibaris who claimed to be Somali minorities when applying for asylum.

Claiming to be from Kismayo and that they speak a different dialect.

Yea very often they would be East African but sometimes even west or south.

For the dr I would just say we speak a different dialect.
For the few times I did immigration it was different, I obviously have to report that otherwise I get into trouble, but luckily I was recruited through a Somali agency so I would call them and they would send an older person usually with a law degree/experience. Some people were deported but not all.

There were also Somalis from the main clans claiming to be madibaan or raxanweyn. I once translated for a Somali woman who was one of the big 3 clans claiming to be raxanweyn but she didn’t even know how to say hello in af maay. I didn’t tell on her though ☺️

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
I had a Yemeni friend who was born in Hargeisa and he claims he‘s Somali. But that’s understandable as he has no connection to Yemen as he’s never been there nor can he speak Arabic fluently. We still called him Yemeni though :mjlol:

Nafiso Qalanjo

𝖂𝖊'𝖗𝖊 𝖌𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖜𝖆𝖗 𝖇𝖆𝖇𝖞!
No, I have never met an Ajanbi claiming Somali, but I have met Somalis claiming their half Lander, half Somali like Landers is an Ethnicity or something. 🤦🏾‍♀️

Trending