Have 80% of Somali women become feminists? It seems that we are getting a revolution

Mohmed

"For sale: Baby shoes, never worn."
Feminism began during the Kacaan era, bro. I really hope feminism becomes mainstream in Somalia because women used to be trailblazers in our community. With the rights given to ladies that don't even include the Islamic, I don't want to be a female living in Somalia or having anything to do with Somalia if I lived in the west.

Yusuf Abdi Ali Rashid

King of Prussia
Feminism is a real head scratcher
IMG_8660.jpg

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
Somali men are already destroying family and marriage. So many old niggas marrying little girls, forced marriages, somali men having multiple wives with no money and then neglecting the 9+ children and treating their wives unfairly
99% of Somali women marry between the ages of 17-24You don't have stats for this
Polygamy is no longer as common as in the days of our fathers and awoows
The fertility rate for men and women in urban Somalia is only 3-4
As for Nomads This is a cultural thing in order to make your tribe have a large population and not become laangaab

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
Women talking about women’s right or in our context lack of, is always going to be seen as ‘feminist’. Unfortunately, anything remotely to do with women is branded as such even if the word feminist isn’t used.

The family has already broken down. Divorce rates are high, we have high rates of poverty, we have high cases of female kufitan and murder and the first thing the men want to do is offer payment and accept payment in the case of the brutal violation of a woman. That is a break down of society and since our society doesn’t hold men accountable, it’s men who are sensitive to any changes.

Women wanting to be treated well isn’t a break down. It’s men wanting to continue this Bahal behavior that is.
They say they are feminists
And you can't accuse men of this In most Somali families, 90% of the people who for them them are their men

Murder occurs everywhere in the world, and its rate in Somalia is low compared to some other countries

we are talking about the attackers of Islam
The basic ideas they want are non-marriage, freedom from the veil, and equality with men

My goal of depopulating Somalia can finally be accomplished through Dumarland Movement. I also support feminists who believe that these ugly, broke, inbred faaraxs should not be allowed to breed, as they are causing them endless misery in their life. ladies only marry a wealthy man that can give you everything you want never ever fall into the trap of these poor Faaraxs I am totally in favour of this initiative.

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
It's tine for women to have more power what had men bring to somali expect misery? Women have been the backbones for the family while men destroy.
This is not true. The woman was usually at home While the man was concerned with grazing and Protection
Feminism is what is destroying society, not men

Is it me or is it getting out of control this year?
Everywhere you find people talking about this
It has become a trend all over social media, and sheikhs are talking about it in mosques
And another conflict between pick me girls Don't ask me what this means And feminists Some people defend Somali men some attack
I believe that things will change in Somalia in the coming years and Somalia will become a more feminist country
Did you expect this not to happen? Look at Arab Twitter. See how Saudi women ignore men there and how the feminist movement has spread among them. It is frightening. In fact, this has happened in every Islamic country, and this will happen in Somalia. If they want their rights according to allah Book and Sunnah then I am with them. As for the imitation of feminism in its Western context we must fight it

rayxn3

🧚‍♀️
99% of Somali women marry between the ages of 17-24You don't have stats for this
Polygamy is no longer as common as in the days of our fathers and awoows
The fertility rate for men and women in urban Somalia is only 3-4
As for Nomads This is a cultural thing in order to make your tribe have a large population and not become laangaab
82E15249-6F73-45C2-849D-B00CDE7D31A2.jpeg

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
Really Somali men are soft as they say
Feminism means
Employment of women => spinsterhood and men’s reluctance to marry due to high Meher and housing => widespread zina => high cost of living => unemployment of men => low fertility rate => family collapse => low demographic growth => economic collapse
This is what awaits Somalis in the future

Feminism means
Employment of women => spinsterhood and men’s reluctance to marry due to high Meher and housing => widespread adultery => high cost of living => unemployment of men => low fertility rate => family collapse => low demographic growth => economic collapse
Thats what awaits every society, its a question of when. If it hits Somalia prematurely the country is screwed.

Feminism means
Employment of women => spinsterhood and men’s reluctance to marry due to high Meher and housing => widespread adultery => high cost of living => unemployment of men => low fertility rate => family collapse => low demographic growth => economic collapse
Somali men aren’t soft as a culture.
Let’s not lie.
How can a woman be r-worded and the clan leaders will try and free the perpetrators? Authobillah, in what way is that.

If you’re worried about the unIslamic aspects, that I understand but unfortunately any form of female rights movement is disencouraged and branded as ‘feminist’.

If they call for haraam I’m in agreement with you, but Somali culture isn’t soft on women.

Let's acknowledge that Somali society could benefit from "feminism", or rather, a greater appreciation for the rights outlined under Islam to be genuinely respected and adhered to. Instances of marriage without consent, rape, and sexual assault to name a few.

The advocacy for women's rights in Somalia is only naturally in our society, first in terms of numbers because there are more woman. Somalia stands out among Muslim nations for its higher female-to-male ratio. Women are inherently more numerous due to factors such as natural deaths occurring more frequently among men, coupled with accidents resulting from risk-taking behavior found in men. A society with more men than women signals concerning trends, shwoing an imbalance caused by unnatural death rates among woman. The fact that woman are not the more numerous sex in the muslim world is troubling.

Besides numbers socio-economically woman are gaining power, in Somalia, many small-scale businesses, often overlooked, are actually managed by women. Additionally, young Somali women, both within Somalia and in the Western diaspora, are increasingly gaining knowledge, work experience and education. This enables them to critically assess and recognize that the circumstances for women in Somalia are far from ideal. Woman are more likely to give remittance back to family in Somalia and with that comes power economic power.

Ironically, the greatest obstacle to a feminist movement in Somalia, like many other issues in our country, is tribalism. If a widespread movement encompassing all Somali women were to emerge, they could wield significant political influence, but breaking through tribal barriers is essential. This can only happen when it's understood that women share more with each other in their struggles across the country, particularly in the unique problems they face due to their sex.

The majority of gender discrimination, sexual assault, and rape occur within the closest circles of intimacy. For a woman, your kinsman is the most likely to steal from, assualt you or be misogynistic against you. Once this becomes evident, significant societal changes are will follow in our country.

It struck us in 2023. That means 50 years or less and we will become like Korea
Nah, lets not be dramatic, your exagerrating the issue because your in a echo chamber. Social media itself is an eco chamber. This is a society where women cant even wear jeans outside, let alone overthrowing the patriarchy.
For real though, we do need to tackle violence against women, casual misogny which is ingrained in our culture and have faaraxs be more responsible in the household and family. This isnt necessarily destroying society or even feminism, but enforcing justice and accountability.

It struck us in 2023. That means 50 years or less and we will become like Korea
The current movement you see on Twitter is a distorted feminist movement, not Islamic at all, and they need to present themselves again with educated women who know their Islamic rights stipulated in the Quran and Sunnah. I believe that scholars and people in Somalia will agree with them then

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
Somali men aren’t soft as a culture.
Let’s not lie.
How can a woman be r-worded and the clan leaders will try and free the perpetrators? Authobillah, in what way is that.

If you’re worried about the unIslamic aspects, that I understand but unfortunately any form of female rights movement is disencouraged and branded as ‘feminist’.

If they call for haraam I’m in agreement with you, but Somali culture isn’t soft on women.
When I say soft, I mean They love calacal Many men will tell you that there is no problem with feminism. I cannot tell you how many men I have explained to whom feminism is. They do not know it

People all day long insult Somali men
l they hate their father and brothers And they want to distort Islam

And the tribal leaders will defend anyone
They were trying to free a woman who insulted Allah on Live while she was also drinking

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Has anyone noticed the amount of single 30 and 40-something year old Somalis that live with roommates (or alone) and not with their families who live in the same city? This is actually the most common living arrangement in Canada for people of that age bracket. The family structure has collapsed for many.

Trending

Latest posts