Have 80% of Somali women become feminists? It seems that we are getting a revolution

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”
VIP
What rights are Somali women protesting for exactly? Banning FGM? A barbaric act that has been practiced strictly by Somali women for centuries? More representation in govt? When there is a mandatory quota of at least 30% of the parliament being women? Access to education? When 40% of the children enrolled in schools in Somalia are girls? This is not about equality but power. Conceding to these women opens up the pandoras box, next they will demand the children of somali women born to foreign fathers must get citizenship (which they already have advocated for). Then they will advocate for female presidency, and then before you know it Somalia is a matriarchal society where qabil is inherited from the mother. That is their true goal
Your mother is an Arab you know nothing about Somali women

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
Its a proven fact that gaalo run NGOS target Muslim countries by targeting the women first and turning them against the men thus destroying the sacred nuclear family that keeps Somali values intact. Without a nuclear family a society is destroyed from within as women are easily malleable. I can also see the gradual brainwashing occuring during social media. The Dajjalic plan indeed loves women.
I know the biggest Somali feminists, all of them graduated from schools built by gaalo. They teach them these ideas in schools.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Somalia:
  • Endured decades of political instability.
  • Two-thirds of the population have no formal education (4.6% completed secondary education, with 4% completing higher education). The disparities are greater with older groups and rural dwellers.
  • Literacy rates are ~64% for males and ~45% for females.
  • 60% of Somalia lives in severe poverty.
  • 73 percent of children are poor.
  • 1.1 million internally displaced people are facing acute food insecurity
  • Internally displaced women are at increased risk of gender-based violence, which has risen with spikes in IPV, rape, sexual exploitation, sexual harassment and abuse of women in IDP camps. Also, it doesn't help that this issue is glossed over or considered a non-issue or propaganda.
  • Somaliland and Puntland seem to have passed laws to criminalize rape, but there is opposition in Somalia among some religious scholars. In addition, these laws are not being applied effectively or fully in SL and PL.
  • Gang rapes are also on the rise.
  • 1.8 million children are acutely malnourished (associated with stunting, low weight and poorer academic attainment).
  • There is a transgenerational cycle of poverty.
  • 70% of Somalia's citizens are unemployed.
  • Those educated have a limited job market; hence, there are limited prospects and a lack of job support.
  • There is rampant corruption, favouritism and nepotism.

I think if you have an issue with Somalis, particularly the girls, having access to formal education back home, then that is problematic as educated women = educated children and generally better financial, health and life outcomes for them and their families. Somalia has several issues which cannot be understated.

I also noticed that Sudan, because it invested in girls' education decades ago, is better off than Somalia. Other Muslim nations also seem to support the education of girls. Malaysia experienced a rise in economic growth from an increase in the level of education of it's women. This isn't a gaalo issue but one of the short-term-minded ego-driven, and selfish individuals who are working against the collective interests of Somalis.

SaMale

The only Somali in Arabia
Somalia:
- Endured decades of political instability.
- Two-thirds of the population have no formal education (4.6% completed secondary education, with 4% completing higher education). The disparities are greater with older groups and rural dwellers.
- Literacy rates are ~64% for males and ~45% for females.
- 60% of Somalia lives in severe poverty.
- 73 percent of children are poor.
- 1.1 million internally displaced people are facing acute food insecurity.
- Internally displaced women are at increased risk of gender-based violence, which has risen with spikes in IPV, rape, sexual exploitation, sexual harassment and abuse of women in IDP camps. Also, it doesn't help that this issue is glossed over or considered a non-issue or propaganda.
- Somaliland and Puntland seem to have passed laws to criminalize rape, but there is opposition in Somalia among some religious scholars. In addition, these laws are not being applied effectively or fully implemented in SL and PL. Remember that convictions tend to be quite lenient relative to the offences.
- Gang rapes are also on the rise.
- 1.8 million children are acutely malnourished (associated with stunting, low weight and poorer academic attainment).
- There is a transgenerational cycle of poverty.
- 70% of Somalia's citizens are unemployed.
- Those educated have a limited job market; hence, there are limited prospects and a lack of job support.
- There is rampant corruption, favouritism and nepotism.

I think if you have an issue with Somalis, particularly the girls, having access to formal education back home, then that is problematic as educated women = educated children and generally better financial, health and life outcomes for them and their families. Somalia has several issues which cannot be understated.

I also noticed that Sudan, because it invested in girls' education decades ago, is better off than Somalia. Other Muslim nations also seem to support the education of girls. Malaysia experienced a rise in economic growth from an increase in the level of education of it's women. This isn't a gaalo issue but one of the short-term-minded ego-driven, and selfish individuals who are working against the collective interests of Somalis.
Nothing wrong with female education unless it isnt co ed

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Nothing wrong with female education unless it isnt co ed
Ask the OP if he has issues with this.
What else are you really??/:mjdontkno:
So, you view women as no more than vessels? With that mindset, they are depersonalized and exchangeable goods to be discarded if they no longer serve that function. You will have a hard time appealing to people with that position.

Women raise children. Men provide financially, but this isn't guaranteed for all. If they are of poor character, a proportion of those men may not contribute. Leading to a situation where a woman is selling goods or services to feed her children. Not all women do this and maybe solely financially dependent on their spouse. If the husband leaves (through death or divorce), she is tasked with also providing for them financially. Those multiple children will be in a precarious situation back home if they don't have relatives to provide for them (in Somalia or overseas) and if their mother doesn't work or remarry (for subsistence reasons). If you can propose a plan where you regard women as full persons with choice and encourage a society that prioritizes faith, financial success and the well-being of children, you might be on to something. Though judging by your tone-deaf comment, I doubt that's your aim.

A lot of our womenfolk have fallen off but ask yourself why? If they had a stable country, maybe it wouldn't be this bad? So who is really at fault? In case that wasn't clear enough, the Faarax is mostly to blame for all the things going wrong in Somali households, this includes any shenanigans the xaliiimos are pulling.

Can you blame them our disgusting system allows these demons to rape kill and burn innocent women and get away with stupid blood money. I dislike feminism the modern kind but I’m all for Somali women fighting back against the current system and I’ll stand with them.
Exactly, there's no consequences for this behaviour then guys here wonder why feminism is rising. Some niggas here seem to be more worried about birth rates😂

Kisame

Plotting world domination
Can you blame them our disgusting system allows these demons to rape kill and burn innocent women and get away with stupid blood money. I dislike feminism the modern kind but I’m all for Somali women fighting back against the current system and I’ll stand with them.
We need to make Somalia a safe haven for Somali women.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I know the biggest Somali feminists, all of them graduated from schools built by gaalo. They teach them these ideas in schools.
Yeah bro we have characters spreading “dumar land” nonsens by bashing Faaraxs non stop and promoting ajnabi men.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
I support women's rights and freedoms and equalities and all the other stuff but thay Dumar land and caraweelo revivalist movements are scaring me we need that to be crushed immediately! I don't want my thing to be cut off 😭💀

Daydreamer

teetering in-between realities
Is this feminism or wanting normal things, I feel like the word feminism has been too degraded to use appropriately I suggest @Angelina stop using the specific word feminism when talking about women's rights due to the bad association with third wave western feminism. These are all completely reasonable talking points (wanting to increase education and whatnot) but there's a bad association, plus the vast majority of these problem can be solved with economic growth. with the whole clan thing, any atrocity commited against a person from a weak clan gets swept under the rug, if we solve our economic problems and tribalism these problems will solve themselves. that's what i believe

Is this feminism or wanting normal things, I feel like the word feminism has been too degraded to use appropriately I suggest @Angelina stop using the specific word feminism when talking about women's rights due to the bad association with third wave western feminism. These are all completely reasonable talking points (wanting to increase education and whatnot) but there's a bad association, plus the vast majority of these problem can be solved with economic growth. with the whole clan thing, any atrocity commited against a person from a weak clan gets swept under the rug, if we solve our economic problems and tribalism these problems will solve themselves. that's what i believe
If you’ve looked at my posts you’d know I hardly ever use the word feminism, nor am I a subscriber of feminism. I simply believe that a lot of reasonable views and demands women have are dismissed as ‘feminist’ since anything to do with women’s progress is unfortunately uncomfortable for a good subsection of men.

Daydreamer

teetering in-between realities
If you’ve looked at my posts you’d know I hardly ever use the word feminism, nor am I a subscriber of feminism. I simply believe that a lot of reasonable views and demands women have are dismissed as ‘feminist’ since anything to do with women’s progress is unfortunately uncomfortable for a good subsection of men.
i guess i was mistaken dont worry then it dosent apply to you

Trending

Latest posts