Hate it ot love it Siyad bare was the greatest leader of all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabeel786

Southie pride
Well, we Somalis always deny and try to hide the fact about history.
Siyad bare ruled the country 21 years people only see the mistakes he have done but can't see how he make Somalia greatest nation ever exist. One example.
He sent to Kismayu 12 Air defense and 6000 soldiers to invade Kenya it was early 1984 when Kenya try to massacre many Somali innocent living Wait, Garza and so on.
He gave a call to Moi and said if you touch my people you will regret and am coming to Nairobi right away. What happened afterwards?

2u59mwl.jpg

waraabe

Your superior
I get he was your clansmen but no need to make threads for him though? No one's opinion will change so it is futile

What was great about him? Giving government positions and jobs to his CLAN?

Or the fact that he murdered 80,000 and displaced 500,000 in Waqooyi galbeed of Somalia?

Nabeel786

Southie pride
I can smell your Mareexan shilling from here. Tone it down sxb

Nin Somali layn jiray baad rabtaa inaad naga dhaadhacsiisid inuu wadani ahaa
He have nothing to do with Marehan he was pure wadani. I can't judge him cuz there are so many colonel and generals maybe one your clans are part of what happened back home.
He have done so many for Somali people and the country but most of them never appreciated. Don't listen your parents. You must educate yourself duqa.

Nabeel786

Southie pride
How many people HSM killed. How many Cali Mahdi killed. How many Sheikh Sharif killed. No body talk about that. All they obsessed with Siyad bare.

Siyad bare RIP.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
I liked the fact he was a dictator because Somalis are difficult. Haduu qabiilka iska reebi lahaa it would have been even better

Nabeel786

Southie pride
I liked the fact he was a dictator because Somalis are difficult. Haduu qabiilka iska reebi lahaa it would have been even better
True talk. Waa runtaa sxb laakin Somali lama maamuli karo run ahaanti waa umad aad udhib badan oo dhibaato jecel.

Siad Barre led Somalia into a disastrous war with Ethiopia that recked the nation's military and economy. He then executed dozens of military leaders who had admirably served their country during the war because he feared a coup.

Siad Barre cynically manipulated Somalia's clannish tendencies, pitting clan against clan, and he also used the government's power to mercilessly crack down on clans he considered his enemies.

Siad Barre killed and imprisoned thousands of Somalis without due process. When Somalia was a colony, Somalis had due process but under Siad Barre they had none. Where was the freedom that Somalis struggled for during the independence movement?

Siad Barre tolerated corruption, cronyism, and clanism because it helped him stay in power. If he was a true nationalist, he would not have tolerated these things just because they were helpful to his personal rule.

During Siad Barre's reign the country went from a hopeful society, democratic and bustling, into a fearful, divided, and broken society. An uneducated man, he did not really understand statecraft and relied on brute force to remain in power. He appointed his relatives, like Jama Barre, to important positions that they were not at all qualified to assume. No wonder then that everything went horribly wrong.

The list of sins that Siad Barre committed against the Somali people during his 21-year dictatorship is very long, and very sad. He is one of the major reasons why the country is a complete mess today. He may have started off as a benevolent dictator, but he soon turned into a self-centered predator who cannibalized the Somali state and left a dead corpse when he was ousted in 1991. It's sad that he stubbornly refused to step down despite the numerous opportunities he was given to retire comfortably. He had the chance to spare the country from civil war but he was too selfish and vain to give up power.

I don't blame Siad Barre for everything that has gone wrong in Somalia, but no honest person can deny the horrible legacy he left behind.

I don't get the Barre reminisce squad, dude is long gone no amount of Wet fantasies about so called "Golden Somalia " could bring him back. And you keep forgetting that he was a dictator stuff that I read about him was just horrible, how could anyone admire such a corrupt human being

Nabeel786

Southie pride
Siad Barre led Somalia into a disastrous war with Ethiopia that recked the nation's military and economy. He then executed dozens of military leaders who had admirably served their country during the war because he feared a coup.

Siad Barre cynically manipulated Somalia's clannish tendencies, pitting clan against clan, and he also used the government's power to mercilessly crack down on clans he considered his enemies.

Siad Barre killed and imprisoned thousands of Somalis without due process. When Somalia was a colony, Somalis had due process but under Siad Barre they had none. Where was the freedom that Somalis struggled for during the independence movement?

Siad Barre tolerated corruption, cronyism, and clanism because it helped him stay in power. If he was a true nationalist, he would not have tolerated these things just because they were helpful to his personal rule.

During Siad Barre's reign the country went from a hopeful society, democratic and bustling, into a fearful, divided, and broken society. An uneducated man, he did not really understand statecraft and relied on brute force to remain in power. He appointed his relatives, like Jama Barre, to important positions that they were not at all qualified to assume. No wonder then that everything went horribly wrong.

The list of sins that Siad Barre committed against the Somali people during his 21-year dictatorship is very long, and very sad. He is one of the major reasons why the country is a complete mess today. He may have started off as a benevolent dictator, but he soon turned into a self-centered predator who cannibalized the Somali state and left a dead corpse when he was ousted in 1991. It's sad that he stubbornly refused to step down despite the numerous opportunities he was given to retire comfortably. He had the chance to spare the country from civil war but he was too selfish and vain to give up power.

I don't blame Siad Barre for everything that has gone wrong in Somalia, but no honest person can deny the horrible legacy he left behind.
Too long to read, you should make it short.
Firstly: the reason why top military been executed was they refused to take order that why they faced judge against them and killed, that's military rule.
Second: Abdirahman jama bare graduated from Italy university, he had master degree financial, he was headmaster school too and then he joined Somali financial ministry on 1964 before Siyad bare seized the power.
Third every government had its own corruption even though Siyad bare's admin spent less money then previous once such a Sheikh Sharif and HSM.
Fourth: he said bring someone Somaliyeey who present Somalia as whole, a someone who can do better job than I do, then they didn't came up anyone, so he kept the chair till he find a trusted one, afterwards civilwar broke up.
I'm not denying he made some error but he is human, not an angel.
Question:
Close to three decade the country still mess, why these people who took over the power bring back the prosperity once again,.. or tell me if they have less IQ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts