Has anyone seen the pyramidal structures in northern Somalia ?

Xeda

Formerly known as Ajansjana
I keep seeing a lot of people talking about pyramidal structures in northern Somalia but I can’t find any pictures online have any of u guys seen them irl? Or perhaps taken a picture of them.

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
These lost tombs from Mogadishu, drawn by an eye-witness from the 1700s, were pyramidical and topped with a pillar;

2221D238-3A1D-4481-BBBC-4357B86A8755.jpeg

280FC5BC-8489-479F-942D-79C8368FD7FE.jpeg

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
Ps - I will reserve my judgment with regards to any pyramidical structures from northern Somalia, as new things keep popping up. Just today someone posted an illustration of the Berbera castle that could go toe to toe with the big forts and castles of Europe in terms of scale, so god knows what is still hidden in obscurity.

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Probably buried under deep soil somewhere. Neglected historical sites get lost to nature incredibly fast. Doubt anyone pre 20th century thought this random hill in Mexico wouldn't've been hiding the Teotihuacan pyramid constructed 1800 years ago.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's worth noting that some people believe that naaso hablood overseeing hargaysa to be some type of pyrmid as well. I've heard rumors that locals discovered some kind of chamber near the hills but are too scarred to go inside themselves. Probably cap but its cool to think about 😂

Last edited:

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
Probably buried under deep soil somewhere. Neglected historical sites get lost to nature incredibly fast. Doubt anyone pre 20th century thought this random hill in Mexico wouldn't've been hiding the Teotihuacan pyramid constructed 1800 years ago.

It's worth noting that some people believe that naaso hablood overseeing hargaysa to be some type of pyrmid as well. I've heard rumors that locals discovered some kind of chamber near the hills but are too scarred to go inside themselves. Probably cap but its cool to think about 😂
I read somewhere a while ago that some explorers back then thought Naasa Hablood were pyramids kkkkkk

Xeda

Formerly known as Ajansjana

Apparently In Michael Scott’s book the desert and the sea he mentions seeing pyramids in northern Somalia I haven’t read the book so I don’t know how true this is, also a man in somaliland also found this plate
8BB42292-9711-4437-8DE4-4BAED6C7DF11.jpeg
and the Somali archeologist awale Ahmed ibrahim found these statues in hargiesa valley
CBA07C95-98FF-49E7-9CA2-C1FD01CBB124.jpeg
56545A63-0F41-459E-8326-114BAD7905B8.jpeg
0725B812-60B6-4848-924C-620E9B07BA11.jpeg
5DFBE992-6A01-4E38-88D8-D656877764D8.png
0994A049-1DEC-43BD-9361-CBA076BFD0B9.jpeg
15A91FBA-BC5F-49F8-8F15-D02D4092BEAB.jpeg
8B1B2BE1-FB5F-4CEC-8B67-C3CD0C78CA69.jpeg
BB3D5FED-EC18-4B7B-B7CF-456D68482E82.jpeg
I wish there was more archeology in Somalia punt was so obviously there. So much of our history is underground and it’s being looted by grave robbers

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP

Maybe the guy that named the mountains tomb is in there 🤣

Pyramids require a lot of labour. I don’t think it was possible in ancient Somalia. That’s why you see more artefacts to with trade and pastoralists.

Why don’t u think it was possible 💀
I don’t think think Somalias populations or towns were that big in antiquity. Nor would there have been large numbers of labourers/serfs to undertake such amongst a largely laborious project.

Those Greek sources show it to was more like tribal confederates rather than the more centralized governments systems common in Egypt/Nubia/Middle East. I can’t see some tribal chieftain asking his ancient clan to build a humongous pyramid in the hot sun. there may have ben some small ones though. For now, there is a lack of evidence for any pyramid buildings in Somalia.

Allah knows best.