Has Anyone Seen Chernobyl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it has been raved as the next big hit by pundits and the overwhelming majority of critics. Just started watching the first episode and only 3 episodes of season one are out. It’s on HBO

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers

This is must watch television if you're not already watching it.

It's a docudrama about the Chernobyl accident that occurred on April 26, 1986. For the most part it's an accurate account of how the accident went down and what happened afterwards. Creative liberties were taken to condense the whole event into a 5 hour mini series. An example being the character of Ulana Khomyuk who is a composite of many of the scientists that dealt with the situation.

If you enjoy podcasts, there is one after every episode that gives more insight into how the events unfolded and in what ways the show differs from reality.

For those with weak stomachs, be wary as it has graphic scenes about the effects of radiation on the body (rotting alive).

upload_2019-5-26_6-26-29.png

WTF 9.7?? This cant be Right

:gucciwhat:

@FUTURE2050

Sxb, so far, I will give it a 9/10 and it strictly depends on your taste of this kind of docuseries. It is based on the Chernobyl nuclear disaster and the whole incident be it social, political and the rescue attempts to an incident that no one knew how to deal with laid bare before the viewers. Marvellous.

@Aaegal

Sorry Sxb, I posted before you did and it could generate dialogue as we watch it on this section, otherwise in the generals, it would disappear in a matter of hours due to the high volume of threads created there. Thanks for the clip.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
@Aaegal

Sorry Sxb, I posted before you did and it could generate dialogue as we watch it on this section, otherwise in the generals, it would disappear in a matter of hours due to the high volume of threads created there. Thanks for the clip.
All good.

I got to binge 3 episodes. Wish I had found this show next months so I didn't have to wait between episodes.

Dyatlov is a piece of shit. He's the one who was in charge when the core exploded. The ego on this MF... To be told countless times that the core had indeed exploded but to dismiss it and send people to their deaths was horrible to watch.

Another shocking thing about the show was the general lack of awareness about how dangerous radiation is. Those poor firefighters and workers.

I would never wish a death like that on anyone.

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP

This is must watch television if you're not already watching it.

It's a docudrama about the Chernobyl accident that occurred on April 26, 1986. For the most part it's an accurate account of how the accident went down and what happened afterwards. Creative liberties were taken to condense the whole event into a 5 hour mini series. An example being the character of Ulana Khomyuk who is a composite of many of the scientists that dealt with the situation.

If you enjoy podcasts, there is one after every episode that gives more insight into how the events unfolded and in what ways the show differs from reality.

For those with weak stomachs, be wary as it has graphic scenes about the effects of radiation on the body (rotting alive).
OMG, the trailer is so good. I'm definitely going to binge watch in the weekends.
Please list the relevant podcasts. Thank you @Aaegal :it0tdo8:

Sol

?
Make sure to give a listen to podcasts if you haven't they cover a lot about the historical event itself and how they incorporate it into the show also there will only be 2 more episodes so don't get to attached as it's just a mini-series but if HBO realize that these kind of historical shows have an appeal they might make more of them (rip Rome greatest thing HBO ever made :mjcry:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending