Has anyone of you had adoption/fostering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been a lurker for about 2 months before I joined here today to try and connect with my fellow Somalis as I didn’t not have that opportunity growing up.

So I’m 24 year old who was fostered by white Swedish family since the age of 4 and my first time to meet a Somali was not until high school where I met this two sisters ( one in my class). As I lived in a tiny village with population of 2400 people up until high school.

I have very good relationship with my foster family to date though the dad died 2 years ago (RIP). I really never felt Somali up until the age of 19 where I started uni and started hanging with Somalis to play football with them on Friday’s. I have also not connected to my family until I was 18 of which our relationship has not been good except a male cousin who is 23.

So has anyone of you been at adoption or foster family? And if so what was your experience.

I swear this has been done before. It's always the Scandis :damedamn:

If you're being sincere, do you know about your biological parents?

i have been a lurker for about 2 months before I joined here today to try and connect with my fellow Somalis as I didn’t not have that opportunity growing up.

So I’m 24 year old who was fostered by white Swedish family since the age of 4 and my first time to meet a Somali was not until high school where I met this two sisters ( one in my class). As I lived in a tiny village with population of 2400 people up until high school.

I have very good relationship with my foster family to date though the dad died 2 years ago (RIP). I really never felt Somali up until the age of 19 where I started uni and started hanging with Somalis to play football with them on Friday’s. I have also not connected to my family until I was 18 of which our relationship has not been good except a male cousin who is 23.

So has anyone of you been at adoption or foster family? And if so what was your experience.
Wb @Etacovda S'lived

May Allah SWT reward the people that took care of you. No I haven't but I'm curious to know do you get along with other somalis are you more culturally white or somali? Are you even Muslim?

May Allah SWT reward the people that took care of you. No I haven't but I'm curious to know do you get along with other somalis are you more culturally white or somali? Are you even Muslim?
To be honest I’m more culturally white and have been told so many times by the immigrants I interacted.

As for the religion part I’m yet to figure out that but I have been reading Islamic books I received from Somali friends.

To be honest I’m more culturally white and have been told so many times by the immigrants I interacted.

As for the religion part I’m yet to figure out that but I have been reading Islamic books I received from Somali friends.

I see. Well since you have a different perspective can you tell us what you dislike/like about somalis I'm interested in reading your view :cosbyhmm:

I see. Well since you have a different perspective can you tell us what you dislike/like about somalis I'm interested in reading your view :cosbyhmm:
The somali mannerism in general and the noisy behavior in particular makes me not to be associated with them.

Criminal activies by signicant portion of the youth that goes as low as 8 years tells me the somali parents are not teaching their kids what they should do

The somali mannerism in general and the noisy behavior in particular makes me not to be associated with them.

Criminal activies by signicant portion of the youth that goes as low as 8 years tells me the somali parents are not teaching their kids what they should do

Yup we are noisy people even thought I am excluded as I've always been the quiet one :hmm:. Some somalis simply gravitate more to that criminal lifestyle idk why tbh

It seems you have gaping hole that needs a sense of belonging.

Fill it by starting your own family and having children.

Care for them and fill that hole with your children’s laughter and your wife’s love.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Welcome to the forum.

I am #teamrogers too @XamarCade @DuctTape can confirm:pachah1:

Now explain what makes you elitist? Seems to me that you have very little reasons to hold such attitudes :birdman:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending