Harla Tribe, Ancestors of The Horn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what modern Chinese politico-economics and the water in the river Nile have to do with historical facts and revisionism.

http://www.digplanet.com/wiki/Harari_language

"Harari is the language of the Harari people of Ethiopia. According to the 1998 Ethiopian census, it is spoken by 21,283 people. Most of its speakers are multilingual in Amharic and/or Eastern Oromo. Harari is closely related to the Eastern Gurage languages Zay and Silt'e, all of whom are linked to the now extinct Semitic Harla language.[3][4] Locals or natives of Harar refer to it as Gē ritmā "language of the City" ( is the word for how Harari speakers refer to Harar, whose name is an exonym).[5]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harla_people

"Field research by Enrico Cerulli identified a modern group called the "Harla" living amongst the Somali in the region between the cities of Harar and Jijiga. Encyclopaedia Aethiopica suggests that this population "may be a remnant group of the old [Harla], that integrated into the Somali genealogical system, but kept a partially separate identity by developing a language of their own." Cerulli published some data on this Harla community's language, called af Harlaad, which resembled the Somali languages spoken by the Yibir and Madhiban low-caste groups.[3]"

The Harla were Semitic, which fits in especially well with the Yibir and the Fallasha period at Auxum. These folks were not Samaale, not even Cushites.
Simple. Your country is burning, so you're here trying to get in between Somali people to detract from your problems, by spreading nonsense, CREATED by a FACIST Italian historian. Considering how much Italians hate and want Somalis to be depopulated, of course this guy will help Somalis right......? Hint, he won't.

Most of the very light skinned hararis are recent newcomers from the1880's, many of them are descendants of the WHITE FRENCH RAILWAY WORKERS, plus the children of the Portuguese white soldiers who used to fight the Somalis(in order to lesson the Somali population already dominant there, same thing as the french did in Djibouti before the referendum in the 70'.

Has it ever occurred to you, that the original harla, were a clan/sub-clan rather than an entire people? But of course, this wouldn't go well with ethiopian colonial history.

It's not Chinese politico-economics, it's ethiopian affairs. China was only used as a reference by a Universty professor from London, I didn't mention China directly.

Where are these mysterious Harla than if they are not a sub-clan?

Now the Yibir are not Somali? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Habashiness knows no bounds. First Ahmed Gurey, than Sacaad-diin, than Yibir, now Harar.....I guess abyssinians won't quite until samaale and irir are a subclans of tigray in the history books of the future.

Good luck

Young Popeye

Call me pops
Simple. Your country is burning, so you're here trying to get in between Somali people to detract from your problems, by spreading nonsense, CREATED by a FACIST Italian historian. Considering how much Italians hate and want Somalis to be depopulated, of course this guy will help Somalis right......? Hint, he won't.

Most of the very light skinned hararis are recent newcomers from the1880's, many of them are descendants of the WHITE FRENCH RAILWAY WORKERS, plus the children of the Portuguese white soldiers who used to fight the Somalis(in order to lesson the Somali population already dominant there, same thing as the french did in Djibouti before the referendum in the 70'.

Has it ever occurred to you, that the original harla, were a clan/sub-clan rather than an entire people? But of course, this wouldn't go well with ethiopian colonial history.

It's not Chinese politico-economics, it's ethiopian affairs. China was only used as a reference by a Universty professor from London, I didn't mention China directly.

Habashiness knows no bounds. First Ahmed Gurey, than Sacaad-diin, than Yibir, now Harar.....I guess abyssinians won't quite until samaale and irir are a subclans of tigray in the history books of the future.

Good luck

Go to harar and learn the history, the italians or any other academic dont make things up. Railway went through dire dawa not harar. you stay making up stories, why do you talk without any clue about a subject? portugese never entered harar, harar had been occupied by yemenis/arab since antiquity. it was the ottoman egyptians who occupied the city in 1800's. if harla were a subclan why do they have a different language? answer this and stop diverting the topic about chinese dam, if your butthurt about ethiopia's success thats not my issue,

Last edited:

Young Popeye

Call me pops
I'm not sure what modern Chinese politico-economics and the water in the river Nile have to do with historical facts and revisionism.

http://www.digplanet.com/wiki/Harari_language

"Harari is the language of the Harari people of Ethiopia. According to the 1998 Ethiopian census, it is spoken by 21,283 people. Most of its speakers are multilingual in Amharic and/or Eastern Oromo. Harari is closely related to the Eastern Gurage languages Zay and Silt'e, all of whom are linked to the now extinct Semitic Harla language.[3][4] Locals or natives of Harar refer to it as Gē ritmā "language of the City" ( is the word for how Harari speakers refer to Harar, whose name is an exonym).[5]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harla_people

"Field research by Enrico Cerulli identified a modern group called the "Harla" living amongst the Somali in the region between the cities of Harar and Jijiga. Encyclopaedia Aethiopica suggests that this population "may be a remnant group of the old [Harla], that integrated into the Somali genealogical system, but kept a partially separate identity by developing a language of their own." Cerulli published some data on this Harla community's language, called af Harlaad, which resembled the Somali languages spoken by the Yibir and Madhiban low-caste groups.[3]"

The Harla were Semitic, which fits in especially well with the Yibir and the Fallasha period at Auxum. These folks were not Samaale, not even Cushites.

Harla were Hamitic. Yes Axum became semitic due to its jewish/asian influence in antiquity. the same with Harla because of the rise of Arab empires not "Yibr". Dire Dawa was once a capital of the Harla kingdom https://www.lonelyplanet.com/ethiopia/harla

Last edited:
Go to harar and learn the history, the italians or any other academic dont make things up. Railway went through dire dawa not harar. you stay making up stories, why do you talk without any clue about a subject? portugese never entered harar, harar had been occupied by yemenis/arab since antiquity. it was the ottoman egyptians who occupied the city in 1800's. if harla were a subclan why do they have a different language? answer this and stop diverting the topic about chinese dam, if your butthurt about ethiopia's success thats not my issue,

Yes they do make things up, that's their job.

I never said it went through harar, you made an assumption and now you look like an ass.

I didn't talk about a Chinese Dam, you made an assumption, and again, look like an ass.

You've mentioned Chinese a couple of time's in here, are you feeling the heat of their soon to be demanded repayments?

Some people kept trying to convince me that I saw phantom habashi, and that ethio's don't come on this site.
THANKS FOR ADMITTING IT. I knew you were habashi. hahahahaha

What ethiopian success.....?

In other news today from 13 hours ago, via the UK Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/global-...-likely-ramp-up-repression-fractured-ethiopia

"State of emergency likely to ramp up repression in fractured Ethiopia
Protests by the Oromo ethnic group have led to spiralling violence and a crackdown on dissent that risks long-term instability"

Even THEY, a close PARTNER, don't bother to hide your problems anymore, I guess they gave up on all of you habashi.

Good luck

https://www.geneticliteracyproject....ews-in-somalia-tracing-remnants-of-the-yibir/

The Yibir are Fallasha, remnants of Auxum, who ruled in the Hargeisa area prior to the time of Aw Barkhadle in the 13th century. The Isaaq and Darood clans were formed at about that time, and subsequently conquered the Yibir and Madhibaan, neither of whom are Samaale.

https://www.geneticliteracyproject....ews-in-somalia-tracing-remnants-of-the-yibir/

The Yibir are Fallasha, remnants of Auxum, who ruled in the Hargeisa area prior to the time of Aw Barkhadle in the 13th century. The Isaaq and Darood clans were formed at about that time, and subsequently conquered the Yibir and Madhibaan, neither of whom are Samaale.
I don't know what whole you crawled out from you dirty habashi, but you deserve an award for pure stupidity. Also, you think i'm going to be impressed because you switched to a Caucasian named SS account within 30 seconds of me posting??
You must think i'm habashi, I'm not impressed with an account named "GRANT" as easily as your people would be.

I'd hate to be you dude.

In other news today:
https://www.nazret.com/2016/10/19/i...thiopias-booming-economy-millions-of-dollars/

"The internet shutdown in Ethiopia will drain millions of dollars from the economy, besides undermining citizens’ rights to impart and seek information, observers of the current state of emergency say.
"

Seems like the only way is down for you people!

I don't know what whole you crawled out from you dirty habashi, but you deserve an award for pure stupidity. Also, you think i'm going to be impressed because you switched to a Caucasian named SS account within 30 seconds of me posting??
You must think i'm habashi, I'm not impressed with an account named "GRANT" as easily as your people would be.

I'd hate to be you dude.

In other news today:
https://www.nazret.com/2016/10/19/i...thiopias-booming-economy-millions-of-dollars/

"The internet shutdown in Ethiopia will drain millions of dollars from the economy, besides undermining citizens’ rights to impart and seek information, observers of the current state of emergency say.
"

Seems like the only way is down for you people!

Cadmus,

You are seriously confused about a number of issues.

I am Anglo-German and a former Peace Corps teacher from the 1960's. I taught English in Jilib and have been on somnet since 2005. I have never so much as been to Ethiopia. "Grant" is my real name. Menace knows me.

Darod clan do not claim descent from Irir Saamale directly. Even Darod genealogy shows they intermarried with Dir to be Somali. This is why Somali governments perceived Hararis as Somalis, especially Siad Barre who was claiming, he has Harari ancestors. Harla's main town was between harar and dire dawa, still called harla today. Its also not surprising that the Dir clan happen to be in that area. We can say they are ancestors to Hararis and some Somali clans that do not descend from Irir Samale directly.
Cut the nonsense out walaal.

Grant there is no evidence to suggest that yibir are related to or were ever flash-as .you are clutching at straws as per usual .

There has been archaeological findings in the north showing graveyards with the cross and star of david on them, I think he is telling the truth, it would explain how Yibir and Midgaans were lablled low caste due to their origins among the Muslim converted Somalis. It makes more sense than some stupid meat eating incident.

Last edited:
There has been archaeological findings in the north showing graveyards with the cross and star of david on them, I think he is telling the truth, it would explain how Yibir and Midgaans were lablled low caste due to their origins among the Muslim converted Somalis. It makes more sense than some stupid meat eating incident.

That's nothing to do with Ethiopian Jew, normally Somalia before Islam era, the people were Jewish and Christian who later converted to Islam freely.

The meat story most likely symbolises a divide between hunter gathering societies and pastoralist clans . There are outcast hunter gatherer groups dotted across the horn . The Somali clans and midgaan is more likely to do with a occupational and lifestyle conflict than religion or ethnicity . We can see that in the way the Somali nomadic group looks down on their professions.

That said , I never said that the yibir could not be ancient Falashas.i said that there was no evidence for this .they could even be a non-Falashas ancient Somali group . We don't know much due to a lack of clear evidence . There hasn't been substantial DNA testing to query their relationships with other Somali clans.

grant often makes grand claims about ancient Somali history without any real evidence .most of his theories are driven by a desire to create a narrartive whereby the samales are invaders and the Madows and other various minorities are .

Axum-trade-e1382762323678.jpg

Arsene,

http://www.historyfiles.co.uk/KingListsAfrica/AfricaEthiopia.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gudit

The Somali Carawello was most likely Gudit of the Falasha, who conquered Auxum, ruling for 40 years. See the extent of Auxumite control above. The Yibir are likely a remnant of her reign or that of her successors.

Coolorte,

Darood may have arrived in the 10th or 11th century. But the clan is not mentioned historically until the 13th. Aksum itself was still in the North until 700 AD. The Yibir and Madhibaan controlled large parts of the North until the time of Aw Barkhadle in the 12th-13th century.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
Axum-trade-e1382762323678.jpg

Arsene,

http://www.historyfiles.co.uk/KingListsAfrica/AfricaEthiopia.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gudit

The Somali Carawello was most likely Gudit of the Falasha, who conquered Auxum, ruling for 40 years. See the extent of Auxumite control above. The Yibir are likely a remnant of her reign or that of her successors.

Coolorte,

Darood may have arrived in the 10th or 11th century. But the clan is not mentioned historically until the 13th. Aksum itself was still in the North until 700 AD. The Yibir and Madhibaan controlled large parts of the North until the time of Aw Barkhadle in the 12th-13th century.
:camby: you know nothing about Somali history, other then wats on wikipedia

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
This old priest @Grant does not give up. Keep posting unsubstantiated articles from Wikipedia and your Mormon sites. No one believes the shit you post here :camby:

Wikipedia is not the only source to have noticed Gudit. Note that Caroweelo can be translated as "land of Welo", which is the region of Ethiopia that contains Aksum.

"The possibility that the Yibir community has branched out of a Beta Israel population may distantly be inferred from a medieval source that refers to a Habash queen (from what is today Ethiopia) as sending a zebra as a gift to the king of Yemen in the tenth century. This queen was no other than Judith, the ruler of the Beta Israel kingdom that sprang probably in eastern Sudan and subjugated Aksum in the ninth century. Though not precisely known by years, Judith’s reign fell between the late ninth century and early tenth century and is thought to have lasted for forty years.

Since zebras are most associated with the southern zone of the African Horn, i.e. the southern regions of Ethiopia and the plains of Somalia, it may be suggestible that Queen Judith has, at some point during her reign, expanded her kingdom’s control southward beyond the Ethiopian Highlands and into Somalia.

Could the Yibir have descended out of a Beta Israel population that migrated to Somalia during the time of Queen Judith? Is it possible that the Yibir’s ancestors were sent by the queen to control Somalia’s strategic Bab-el-Mandeb area linking the Indian Ocean and the Red Sea?"

This article does note the need for additional DNA work.

Is that right....

Well, the cross is adapted from the kemetic Ankh, and the star of david was only first called that by Theodore Hertzl, the man who "came up with" the idea of a jewish homeland in the late 1800's. Before that, the star of david was a MOSLEM sign, from the ancient Moorish empire of which PUNT was the NAVAL MERCHANTS that created the maritime Silk road, connecting all of the lands of the Somali with the Tnag dynasty. Everyone here has some idea about that merchant seafaring traditions of our people. The "inferior caste" system is nothing but a numbers game for scarce grazing lands as qabil is built upon the foundation of protecting wells, waterholes, and fertile grasslands for cattle. He's reaching for real. habashi stole the star from the "star and crescent of the Ancient Moslem Moorish Empire." Even Siad Barre knew this, that's why the habash got rid of him, and are fighting hard to oust any Somali miltary leader who is independent.

Here's a poster from Siad Barre's time, MADE BY THE SIAD GOV.

Look at the center....

Allah written on a horse's back.jpeg

Than compare that, with the flag of the Moorish empire....

moorish-flag.jpg

This is why habashi hate us, because they don't have a history like we do.

This is also why you don't know where Somalis came from...The rabbit hole is deep once you start to research.....

Last edited:

Young Popeye

Call me pops
Wikipedia is not the only source to have noticed Gudit. Note that Caroweelo can be translated as "land of Welo", which is the region of Ethiopia that contains Aksum.

"The possibility that the Yibir community has branched out of a Beta Israel population may distantly be inferred from a medieval source that refers to a Habash queen (from what is today Ethiopia) as sending a zebra as a gift to the king of Yemen in the tenth century. This queen was no other than Judith, the ruler of the Beta Israel kingdom that sprang probably in eastern Sudan and subjugated Aksum in the ninth century. Though not precisely known by years, Judith’s reign fell between the late ninth century and early tenth century and is thought to have lasted for forty years.

Since zebras are most associated with the southern zone of the African Horn, i.e. the southern regions of Ethiopia and the plains of Somalia, it may be suggestible that Queen Judith has, at some point during her reign, expanded her kingdom’s control southward beyond the Ethiopian Highlands and into Somalia.

Could the Yibir have descended out of a Beta Israel population that migrated to Somalia during the time of Queen Judith? Is it possible that the Yibir’s ancestors were sent by the queen to control Somalia’s strategic Bab-el-Mandeb area linking the Indian Ocean and the Red Sea?"

This article does note the need for additional DNA work.

Arawelo was a harla queen, whats next adal was also a hebrew empire? Was it the falasha who invaded ethiopia and had to be booted out by the portguese? She is known as a non christian queen in the 10th century, the jewish conspiracy is very recent because european historians want to discredit muslim achievements in the region.

Axum fell because of the rise of islamic power, muslims have always been the majority in the horn of africa but didn’t see christian ehiopians as a threat until europeans began meddling in horn affairs. In the 10th century they had already established a sultanate of shewa with a queen called badit, after this axum would cease to exist."ara" in rawelo may have derived from harla and welo meant she ruled axum

Even historians such as Ceruli have pointed out the existence of this queen http://www.dacb.org/stories/ethiopia/gudit_.html

Shewa muslim rulers
Queen Badit
Harba'ir
Malasmai
Husayn

https://books.google.ca/books?id=NWNTfztz5KoC&pg=PA365&dq=sultanate+of+shewa+badit&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiH6uKqvYTQAhUJMyYKHbSgDNIQ6AEIHTAA#v=onepage&q=sultanate of shewa badit&f=false

Zaila district commisioner confirms arawelo was queen of the harla

http://web.archive.org/web/20010627221704/http://www.anaserve.com/~mbali/letter20.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.