Happy Somaliland Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s like the Somalis who refuse to accept Somalilands independence are stuck in some archaic past.

Move on! The Somali Union is dead and this is coming from someone who’s parents are BOTH from the middle and southern regions. Let these people live in autonomy and peace, and stop with this obsession of keeping all Somalis under one flag. We already have Djibouti. And the Gulf Arabs have multiple countries (Kuwait, UAE, Qatar) who are all very similar and get along with each other generally. Why can’t the Somali regions have the same principles?

Somaliland should be independent. The UN needs to do the right thing and recognize that

Apollo

VIP
It’s like the Somalis who refuse to accept Somalilands independence are stuck in some archaic past.

Move on! The Somali Union is dead and this is coming from someone who’s parents are BOTH from the middle and southern regions. Let these people live in autonomy and peace, and stop with this obsession of keeping all Somalis under one flag. We already have Djibouti. And the Gulf Arabs have multiple countries (Kuwait, UAE, Qatar) who are all very similar and get along with each other generally. Why can’t the Somali regions have the same principles?

Somaliland should be independent. The UN needs to do the right thing and recognize that

Djibouti is not a Somali country. It is a multi-ethnic Afar-Somali country used as a pawn to pacify the strategically important Bab-el-Mandeb strait.

False equivalence.

The African Union and Arab League are against Somaliland. So long as this is the case it will never be recognized. You guys don't understand international diplomacy. You can't just self-declare a country.

Djibouti is not a Somali country. It is a multi-ethnic Afar-Somali country used as a pawn to pacify the strategically important Bab-el-Mandeb strait.

False equivalence.

The African Union and Arab League are against Somaliland. So long as this is the case it will never be recognized. You guys don't understand international diplomacy. You can't just self-declare a country.

It doesn’t matter. 30 years of anarchy in the South can easily change a IC Diplomat’s mind. They might just pull the plug on the whole operation and allow the secession of Somaliland and Puntland, in order to isolate the chaos in the south

in this world today no one cares about int'l laws and treaties so long you have a strong backing usually comn with their own interest too.. look at yugoslavia splintered into 5 nations,south sudan,eriteria etc.
and as long as a stand off and fighting continues for long time like the case of south sudan then rest of the world wont pressure thm to stay together.

its out of the question to achieve a unified somalis so we have to go for the nxt best,peace,business,open borders and progress ova all,,the earlier to realise that the much better. and dont even entertain nationalism you get ur face laughed at. wish it was the otha way around but thats the reality.

Last edited:
It doesn’t matter. 30 years of anarchy in the South can easily change a IC Diplomat’s mind. They might just pull the plug on the whole operation and allow the secession of Somaliland and Puntland, in order to isolate the chaos in the south

Well if the dark days of 1991-2011 didnt change their mind. I dont think theres virtually anything that will.

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
Wallahi the majority of people in Awdal support unity with our southern brothers. The people who come out in Awdal for May 18 just do it to have a good time to party or are from other clans. Awdal is home to other clans who moved there and wallahi my cousin who lives there told me the government during May 18 brought people from Gabiley to Borame on four buses to the celebrations. Talk to the average person in Borame on the ground and they support unity. Have you ever seen more than 5 Gadabursi who want separation? The answer is no. But I am happy about the peace in Somaliland. I want that peace everywhere. I support a united Somaliland but only as a federal state.

Wallahi the majority of people in Awdal support unity with our southern brothers. The people who come out in Awdal for May 18 just do it to have a good time to party or are from other clans. Awdal is home to other clans who moved there and wallahi my cousin who lives there told me the government during May 18 brought people from Gabiley to Borame on four buses to the celebrations. Talk to the average person in Borame on the ground and they support unity. Have you ever seen more than 5 Gadabursi who want separation? The answer is no. But I am happy about the peace in Somaliland. I want that peace everywhere. I support a united Somaliland but only as a federal state.

MA brother welcome to the wadani bandwagon. Its a miracle that this place didnt turn you into a qabiiliste after being here for a year.:rejoice:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending