Happy Independence Week Puntland!

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP
Screenshot_20210730-221129_Facebook.jpg

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Which one do you guys celebrate more 1 july or 1 August?

I do not celebrate either much in my household but when I was younger my parents stressed the importance of 1da Luuliyo. They used to play songs from that era and other patriotic songs at home.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Important point in Puntite history was this news conference in which Abdullahi Yusuf publicly came out against Barre in front of international reporters in Nairobi.

In this historic video from 1978, he outlines the reasons for defection and why Barre must step aside.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Important point in Puntite history was this news conference in which Abdullahi Yusuf publicly came out against Barre in front of international reporters in Nairobi.

In this historic video from 1978, he outlines the reasons for defection and why Barre must step aside.

and his small tribe :lolbron: :mjlaugh: 1 of the first fkd talk in somali history

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
and his small tribe :lolbron: :mjlaugh: 1 of the first fkd talk in somali history

Abdullahi Yusuf was a legend man. Ppl underestimate the bravery it took for him to not only defect but to criticise his murderous employer on international television. He knew that he would never be welcome in Kacaanist Somalia again if he made those comments.

Fun fact, my grandparents and his family were tight even after he stepped down from the presidency. My awoowe and him were both Mudug men around the same age in the military.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I do not celebrate either much in my household but when I was younger my parents stressed the importance of 1da Luuliyo. They used to play songs from that era and other patriotic songs at home.
exactly this thing celebrating states is something new I believe. Before it was old heads would have meeting on the day the state was founded, but know the younger generation are celebrating it more than the old heads.

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
1st of August of course, 1 July is a day of calamity.
Idk why that's even a question. Aug 1st is a day everyone looks forward to and celebrates in PL. July 1st is just another day that comes and goes. Nobody holds xaflads (if they do I haven't seen or heard of it so it must be very small with little traction) or even acknowledges it.

Trending