Halima Aden on the Cover of ESSENCE Magazine!

World

VIP
Notice how no Arab, Pakistani or Bosnian took the role of "1st hijabi" model? Modelling whilst wearing a hijab is essentially an oxymoron. Hijab's whole purpose is to cover yourself for the sake of God, whilst modelling is the complete opposite: attracting the most attention as possible, essentially a human mannequin. Alas, we are a broken people who have lost all sense of shame.
Don’t be ridiculous.

Are you saying that there aren’t any Arab, Pakistani or Bosnian women in the entire world that would want to be on the cover of one of the largest magazines in the world?

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Don’t be ridiculous.

Are you saying that there aren’t any Arab, Pakistani or Bosnian women in the entire world that would want to be on the cover of one of the largest magazines in the world?
Not whilst wearing hijab no, without hijab yes.

Last edited:
Not whilst wearing hijab no, without hijab yes.

They just haven't made it yet. There are many famous hijabi Pakistani and Arab models/ insta and youtube famous.

The first hijabi to model for H&M is of Moroccan and Pakistani heritage.

It isn't for a lack of trying that is for sure.

Halima Aden is a rockstar. She raises awareness for the issues that the Somali community faces. You can tell that she cares about her community. We need more like her. I also love how humble and down to earth she is. I want all the success in this world for her. I can’t wait to see her face on the cover of Vogue.
:ohhhdamn:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Halima Aden is a rockstar. She raises awareness for the issues that the Somali community faces. You can tell that she cares about her community. We need more like her. I also love how humble and down to earth she is. I want all the success in this world for her. I can’t wait to see her face on the cover of Vogue.
:ohhhdamn:

is she your qabil?
ohhhdamn.png

Iman has dignity and has refuted their claims. She never milked their stories and went along with it.
Literally came on here to echo this point. Iman has always remained classy, regal and elegant and is a woman with pride. She always made sure to mention that she came from a well known family in Somalia, and that her father was an ambassador for Kuwait I believe. She always talked about Somalis in a positive manner and I appreciate her for that.

Halima comes off super naive and seems more of a people pleaser who’s reinforcing the notion that Somalis are all refugees and beggars. Mind you, she grew up in the US and has lived there for most of her life, what does she remember from her days in Kakuuma and Dadaab? This whole thing reeks of inferiority.

Literally came on here to echo this point. Iman has always remained classy, regal and elegant and is a woman with pride. She always made sure to mention that she came from a well known family in Somalia, and that her father was an ambassador for Kuwait I believe. She always talked about Somalis in a positive manner and I appreciate her for that.

Halima comes off super naive and seems more of a people pleaser who’s reinforcing the notion that Somalis are all refugees and beggars. Mind you, she grew up in the US and has lived there for most of her life, what does she remember from her days in Kakuuma and Dadaab? This whole thing reeks of inferiority.

If she was a regular model, she won’t be as talented. Sob stories was what got her into the door, it is a way to market yourself. She also markets herself as the “first” for literally everything. Even Ilhan Omar wrote refugee on her Twitter bio as if it is a personality trait. Loool and then you get called hater if you criticise Somalis for their bila dhig.
Lee ceeb ma lo dhinto.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ilhanmn?lang=en

If she was a regular model, she won’t be as talented. Sob stories was what got her into the door, it is a way to market yourself. She also markets herself as the “first” for literally everything. Even Ilhan Omar wrote refugee on her Twitter bio as if it is a personality trait. Loool and then you get called hater if you criticise Somalis for their bila dhig.
Lee ceeb ma lo dhinto.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ilhanmn?lang=en

Who needs cadaans when you’re reducing your own self to a second class citizen? It’s a dangerous narrative that’s being pushed regarding dadkeena and I don’t like it. Who are you besides a “refugee?”

Random, but Halima Aden came across my SC and I’ve noticed she’s always with cadaan people. One of her main managers is this blonde cadaan lady. I get the vibe that she’s slimy. Anyways, I really hope this girl is smart and has her own, independent team looking at her financial records (lawyers, accountants, etc.) I’d really hate to hear five years from now that she’s broke because she didn’t handle her business correctly. Just a random thought because she seems so miskeen, sweet and a bit naive. Cadaanka iska ilaali!

Trending

Latest posts