Halima Aden gets a new DOG !!!

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I'm really surprised about these comments that portray her as someone compromising her deen for having a dog, don't they know that there is a whole sunni doctrine that permissible to have dog and don't see it as impure. :damsel:

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
Bigger Dogs are much better:
2651c44d33fde27b324f74577120931f.jpg
Marmaduke - Kiefer Sutherland

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
What makes dogs haram anyway? Ngl but I wanted a dog too, but I'd never have it in the house. I'd let it live in the shed.

I just love animals.

What about dogs is haram?

It’s so weird how people are talking about her like she’s committed a heinous crime. These same users who are acting holier-than-thou do drugs and are addicted.

It’s so weird how people are talking about her like she’s committed a heinous crime. These same users who are acting holier-than-thou do drugs and are addicted.
If she were to say it with her whole chest that she got a dog and told everyone to fall back, I would have looked at it differently. Its the evoking of the "haram police" that implies she knows that what she's doing is wrong. Having/owning a dog in Islam is prohibited, period. There are exceptions (if you live in a a wooden, secluded area, and the dog would be in a separate place from you, but even then an argument could be made that we now have sophisticated alarm systems, so you don't really "need" one.)

At the end of the day, its her life. But my issue is the picking and choosing which parts of the deen to follow + normalizing and publicizing a type behavour that is not permitted in our deen. If she kept this private, that would've been much better for her.

If she were to say it with her whole chest that she got a dog and told everyone to fall back, I would have looked at it differently. Its the evoking of the "haram police" that implies she knows that what she's doing is wrong. Having/owning a dog in Islam is prohibited, period. There are exceptions (if you live in a a wooden, secluded area, and the dog would be in a separate place from you, but even then an argument could be made that we now have sophisticated alarm systems, so you don't really "need" one.)

At the end of the day, its her life. But my issue is the picking and choosing which parts of the deen to follow + normalizing and publicizing a type behavour that is not permitted in our deen. If she kept this private, that would've been much better for her.
It’s her personal account. She can post whatever she wants. She mentioned the haram police to tell people that she’s aware of the ruling and still has a pet dog. She’s shutting up the people before they get a chance to go on a rant. Whether she “says it with her chest” or pokes fun at haram police it doesn’t change anything. She still has a dog. She’s not “normalizing” anything either.

It’s her personal account. She can post whatever she wants. She mentioned the haram police to tell people that she’s aware of the ruling and still has a pet dog. She’s shutting up the people before they get a chance to go on a rant. Whether she “says it with her chest” or pokes fun at haram police it doesn’t change anything. She still has a dog. She’s not “normalizing” anything either.
She is a public figure, and can be critiqued. Doesn't matter if she posts on her "personal account" people can, and will say whatever they want. That is what you sign up for when you are a) famous and/or b) post stuff on a public platform. It comes with the territory. When one behaves in a manner that is contradictory to the teachings of their own religion, of course people will question them, as they have the right to. No one is saying make fun of her or diss her, but they are bringing up the fact that her actions are in stark contrast to the religion she follows (homegirl branded herself as the "first hijabi/Muslim model") and so she will be subjected to closer scrutiny. Apparently Iman also has a dog, but no one says anything because she doesn't use the deen as a brand. In that way, I have more respect for her because she keeps things lowkey.

She is normalizing because now other young impressionable Muslims will think its considered okay to have a dog because Halima has one. Why would you want all that dembi?

Last edited:
Is Allah who made dogs haram for muslims part of the haram police?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Relax I just asked a question.. If we pick and chose what to follow in our deen we will eventually end up with a watered down version of it.. Anyway I don't expect much from some who's a model, again I don't care if she owns a dog or what ever.. But if you are muslim don't take the rulings of our deen lightly...

@xyz I can respect your stance sis. I don't think its about perfection. If anything, you could say she brought it upon herself when she heavily used the deen to promote her career. Then yes people will question you when you are doing what you aren't supposed to do. When you are a public figure or influencer, you are someone who has the platform to persuade people and change their thinking and behaviour. This world is short, fleeting and temporary. I don't see the point in putting yourself and others down the wrong path, which is why I said earlier that if she was doing this, it would've been better to conceal it vs. show off.

The whole modelling/celeb industry is satanic and I worry for her and other Muslim girls who are in it. You find yourself slowly changing. (hence why a Muslim influencer doesn't take off her hijab all of a sudden, but they do so gradually.)

More importantly, why is she the same colour as her dog. Is it some sort colour match scheme thing.
I don't think it's ok to say it's haram to have a dog pointblank, hunting and other useful dogs are permissible outside the household. The issue is keeping your dog in your house

Prof Dr Ahmed Omar Hashim, former president of Al-Azhar University, said the angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog as "authentically warned by the Prophet (PBUH)."

If a dog's saliva touches our clothes, our clothes become "najis" and we need to wash it before we can pray with those clothes again or just wash the area where the saliva touched and the person does not lose his wudu. But, if the saliva touches the skin, yes, the person loses the wudu.

Al Muslim

الموت لامريكا الموت لإسرائيل
Why are they haram? Please explain to me what the hadiths say?

I thought you could use them for hunting and as guards.

They can be used for hunting and as guards, neither if which that overgrown hamster can do. Also people who live in cities don't need them. It's clear this is just being kept as a pet, nijaas.

Trending