Haiti President Jovenel Moïse killed in attack at home

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
*First time they assassinate their president*
Someone in sspot: Naclatullah Africa and her descendents. Madoows are terrible

Relax dude, your sweet second home had more than 6 assassination attempts, more than 3 were successful :damedamn:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I haven't studied Haiti in detail but it is highly suspect why it is so incredibly poor. Dominican Republic is much better off, yet on the same island with the same resources.

Haiti were straddled with $21 Billion in reparations while being effectively shut off from economic trade by the US and France. It took them until 1947 to pay off their debt but had to back into heavy debt after destroying their economy to pay their colonial debt.

Imagine the Italians asking Somalia to pay $21 Billion in reparations while colluding with major powers to stop you from participating in International trade.

They're the pure example of a debt trap cycle. Pls do not compare Haiti to SE Asia or Africa.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
It is probably a huge rabbit hole, but I find it highly suspect the poorest country in the Americas is also the blackest.

The wikipedia article is rather short.

I learnt about this in history, Haiti were done dirty. All the Western powers refused to trade with them and refused to recognise Haiti. They already went into debt for the weapons they bought to fight off the French and were still straddled with reparations.

Then in the 1910s, the US marines took Haiti's gold reserves off them. Five years later, they invade Haiti again just to take control of their banks and other financial institutions.

Then in 2004, when Haiti's elected president asked France to pay them back, he got overthrown in a coup. France, as a P5 member of the UN , refused to let UN peacekeepers intervene until they got pressured by the US.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Haiti gives a lot of ammo to racists who say blacks can't build countries.

They had independence way before many Latino countries and still it is the worst country in the new world.

If Whites were not here in America- During protests--exact thing will happen. Look at South Africans slaughtering foreigners. Or Haiti. Or the entire Fcking African continent. Excuse my cursing but i am anti -Black

1625664963670.png

Apollo

VIP
If Whites were not here in America- During protests--exact thing will happen. Look at South Africans slaughtering foreigners. Or Haiti. Or the entire Fcking African continent. Excuse my cursing but i am anti -Black

View attachment 191932

The blackest state in the United States (Mississippi) is also the poorest state within the USA.

The black race is taking big Ls.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
The blackest state in the United States (Mississippi) is also the poorest.

The black race is taking big Ls.

LOOL. No huuno. Mississippi is white. Blacks have a hard time over there. But i will tell u this-- Black from Mississippi behave well. They are afraid of the racist Whites. lol

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I am actually so shocked rn.

I get criticising Haiti's politics but blaming them for their economic misfortunes is abysmal form. I am not hating on those of you that are uninformed on this issue but do not use this thread as an excuse to release your inner thoughts about madoows.

Read what I have linked in this thread about Haiti's economic history before commenting please.

Ilaahoow fadlan dadkayga u jeedi tuubta toosan kana fogee jaahilnimo, amiin.

Apollo

VIP

I get criticising Haiti's politics but blaming them for their economic misfortunes is abysmal form. I am not hating on those of you that are uninformed on this issue but do not use this thread as an excuse to release your inner thoughts about madoows.

Read what I have linked in this thread about Haiti's economic history before commenting please.

Controversial topics are fun. :browtf:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

"but do not use this thread as an excuse to release your inner thoughts about madoows.:

Niggggaaa thats what @Basra do.....and does it well!

1625665653628.png

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Haiti gives a lot of ammo to racists who say blacks can't build countries.

They had independence way before many Latino countries and still it is the worst country in the new world.

To make matters worse

They share the Island of Hispianola with Dominican Republic yet The DR is more prosperous because it has whites and lighter skinned people.

Trending

Latest posts