Hadith - Aggression against the Xabashi's and Turks Forbidden

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across this interesting hadith recently that I wasn't aware about, we all know the destruction of Somalia started in back to back unprovoked wars against the Xabashi's, were Somali's were the aggressors fighting for nationalism which is forbidden

The same when the Arabs took up arms against the Ottoman Turks for the same reasons and humiliations followed, particularly the Palestinian fractions that rebelled.

If authentic, it's impermissible to fight the Turks or the Abyssinian's unless they attack you first, of course since our back-to-back aggression's they never left us alone and you can't blame them for this.

Would be interested to know the views of other classical scholars on this Hadith in Abu Dawud @Ash'arite @SuldaanGuled

Abu Sukainah reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, Leave the Abyssinians alone as long as they leave you alone, and leave the Turks alone as long as they leave you alone.”

Source: Sunan Abu Dawud 4302, Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to As-Suyuti

Ibn Rushd said, “It is narrated from Malik that he said it is not permissible to initiate war against the Abyssinians or the Turks because of the saying of the Prophet. Malik was asked about the authenticity of this report and, although he did not know it, he said: The people continue to avoid attacking them.”

Source: Bidāyat al-Mujtahid 1/306

عَنْ أَبِي سُكَيْنَةَ عَنْ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ أَنَّهُ قَالَ دَعُوا الْحَبَشَةَ مَا وَدَعُوكُمْ وَاتْرُكُوا التُّرْكَ مَا تَرَكُوكُمْ

4302 سنن أبي داود كتاب الملاحم باب في النهي عن تهييج الترك والحبشة

4218 المحدث السيوطي خلاصة حكم المحدث صحيح في الجامع الصغير

قال ابن رشد مَا رُوِيَ عَنْ مَالِكٍ أَنَّهُ قَالَ لَا يَجُوزُ ابْتِدَاءُ الْحَبَشَةِ بِالْحَرْبِ وَلَا التَّرْكُ لِمَا رُوِيَ أَنَّهُ عَلَيْهِ الصَّلَاةُ وَالسَّلَامُ قَالَ ذَرُوا الْحَبَشَةَ مَا وَذَرَتْكُمْ وَقَدْ سُئِلَ مَالِكٌ عَنْ صِحَّةِ هَذَا الْأَثَرِ فَلَمْ يَعْتَرِفْ بِذَلِكَ لَكِنْ قَالَ لَمْ يَزَلِ النَّاسُ يَتَحَامَوْنَ غَزْوَهُمْ

1/306 بداية المجتهد ونهاية المقتصد كتاب الجهاد
https://abuaminaelias.com/dailyhadi...-from-initiating-war-against-peaceful-people/

World

VIP
Wtf are you talking about?

Somalia is destroyed because your moryaan cousins decided to kill every single Darood they could get their hands on and rob their homes.

Only a moryaan will try to take blame away from himself by citing some so called Hadith prophesy.

Cajiib. Go and free your cousins from AMISOM.

Very interesting..

Never came across this hadith before and its Sahiih as well. Gonna do a bit of research on it.

I one time in some bizarre FDK read a Wooqoyi guy's comment justifying his love for Xabashi's using the Abyssinian King Negus to sanctify them as if they are holy, and whoever fights them is a disbeliever.

Now of course that dude went to the extreme, but there was some truth in his words based on the above hadith, it would be interesting to get historical account on who the aggressors were in our 1000 year old feud with them.

The Oromo's don't see themselves as Xabashi's so fighting them I would assume doesn't count as fighting Xabashi's, then again we don't know the exact ethnic groups that made up the Xabashi's which the Prophet (PBUH) was referring to at the time.

@TooMacaan maybe could shed some light.

Last edited:
Rasool'Allah saw said as long they leave you alone, right now they are occupying Muslim land therefore their blood and wealth are halal. Khalas.:fittytousand:

xabashis are gaalo, and they don't get special treatment. The hadith could have been referring to the xabashis at the time, lord knows a lot has changed. These bug eyed midgets should not be left alone if we ever have the advantage. They should go extinct, literally.

Rasool'Allah saw said as long they leave you alone, right now they are occupying Muslim land therefore their blood and wealth are halal. Khalas.:fittytousand:

The question is the same one Abdhullah Azam asked the Palestinians, what are you fighting for? when they responded for freedom, nationalism etc he left them for Afghanistan.

The only acceptable Jihad is the one were you fight to make Allah's word the highest, no nationalism, no independence, no setting up a secessionist state, no joining Somalia or any other worldly matter

The one who dies upon these things, has died the death of Jaahiliya unless you die defending your own property.

The question is the same one Abdhullah Azam asked the Palestinians, what are you fighting for? when they responded for freedom, nationalism etc he left them for Afghanistan.

The only acceptable Jihad is the one were you fight to make Allah's word the highest, no nationalism, no independence, no setting up a secessionist state, no joining Somalia or any other worldly matter

The one who dies upon these things, has died the death of Jaahiliya unless you die defending your own property.

Which is why I believe there is no point in fighting Ethiopia at this moment in time, Allah would humiliate us for choosing democracy over his deen, but all in due time Insha'Allah.

Smooth

Abdallah Azzam was the father of Global Jihadi groups such as Al-Qaeda. He called for a civilisational war against the non-Muslim world. Moreover, he believed that Muslims should reconquer the Balkans, Spain, Southern Italy etc.

It is unwise to quote him.

Smooth

Abdallah Azzam was the father of Global Jihadi groups such as Al-Qaeda. He called for a civilisational war against the non-Muslim world. Moreover, he believed that Muslims should reconquer the Balkans, Spain, Southern Italy etc.

It is unwise to quote him.

You seem to have madkhali leanings, you cannot compare Abdallah Azzam to these present day leaders, that civilisation war you talk off was already declared by the western world long before on the Muslims and has been ongoing for centuries now.

Azzam opposed the extreme views to declare the puppet leaders in Muslim worlds as infidels that should be fought as he believed this would benefit the European's plan to get the Muslims to fight each other instead, he opposed such bloodshed and was later killed for his belief.

That's where I draw the line between a reformer and a Kharijiite Takfiri, there is no doubt Bashar Assad belief takes him out of the fold of Islam, but I opposed all of these groups that rose up against him, and we can see today the chaos that's spread as a result of this with over a million loosing their life and many more in IDP camps with injuries for life.

Al-Qaeda can idolise him as much as they wants, the same way the Christian's falsely deify the Son of Mary, but both of them opposed the views being espoused by those people that claim to be following those figures in their time.

You seem to have madkhali leanings, you cannot compare Abdallah Azzam to these present day leaders, that civilisation war you talk off was already declared by the western world long before on the Muslims and has been ongoing for centuries now.

Azzam opposed the extreme views to declare the puppet leaders in Muslim worlds as infidels that should be fought as he believed this would benefit the European's plan to get the Muslims to fight each other instead, he opposed such bloodshed and was later killed for his belief.

That's where I draw the line between a reformer and a Kharijiite Takfiri, there is no doubt Bashar Assad belief takes him out of the fold of Islam, but I opposed all of these groups that rose up against him, and we can see today the chaos that's spread as a result of this with over a million loosing their life and many more in IDP camps with injuries for life.

Al-Qaeda can idolise him as much as they wants, the same way the Christian's falsely deify the Son of Mary, but both of them opposed the views being espoused by those people that claim to be following those figures in their time.

The Ottoman Empire owes its existence in the 19th century to the Western World. By the 19th century, the Muslim World was no longer a threat to them, hence why they supported the Turks against the Russians in the Crimean War. Religion no longer dictated the foreign policy of Western powers.

Jerusalem was lost because the Turks had chosen the wrong side during World War 1. Moreover, the Arabs back-stabbed the Turks.

Our current problems are closer to home. The West does not need us to fight each other considering that we are our own worst enemy. We should focus on cleaning up our house before anything else.

As for my leanings, I am not Madkhali, I believe that the Umma will not be united until the end times are upon us. It goes downhill until that period comes. In the meantime, I just try to lead a good life.

TooMacaan

VIP
I one time in some bizarre FDK read a Wooqoyi guy's comment justifying his love for Xabashi's using the Abyssinian King Negus to sanctify them as if they are holy, and whoever fights them is a disbeliever.

Now of course that dude went to the extreme, but there was some truth in his words based on the above hadith, it would be interesting to get historical account on who the aggressors were in our 1000 year old feud with them.

The Oromo's don't see themselves as Xabashi's so fighting them I would assume doesn't count as fighting Xabashi's, then again we don't know the exact ethnic groups that made up the Xabashi's which the Prophet (PBUH) was referring to at the time.

@TooMacaan maybe could shed some light.
Soz, I'm not too familiar with this history. Don't know how trustworthy the following sources are, but it's what I could find:
https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-th...the-Prophet-Muhammad-declared-free-from-jihad

Do you not know the centuries history of the habesha towards the Somalis, Oromo, Afar etc..
Majority of the time the habesha especially amhara were the aggressors and tried numerous times to control us but failed.
I just was reading today on the History of the Oromo and it mentioned how they admired the way the Somalis had a brotherhood with the rest of the muslim empires and were successful in stopping the Amhara from taking over their territories. The war's waged by Imam Ahmed Gurey are written as if he was the aggressor when in reality it was due to the many raids and attacks from the habeshas.

amamama.PNG

we all know the destruction of Somalia started in back to back unprovoked wars against the Xabashi's, were Somali's were the aggressors fighting for nationalism which is forbidden
Do you know of the extreme oppression that was happening under the DERG and all previous ethiopian gov't's in Somali galbeed. The land rightly belonged to Somalis and majority of the inhabitants wanted to be under somali muslim rule. If you know of what atrocities they committed you wouldn't be uttering this statement. Only a spineless toothless cuck (as you put it best) would accept what they were doing to us.
The same when the Arabs took up arms against the Ottoman Turks for the same reasons and humiliations followed, particularly the Palestinian fractions that rebelled.
In no way, shape or form can the Ottoman turks be compared to the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The ottoman vs. habesha governing style, loyalty, beliefs, and religion were completely opposite of each other.

The context of the hadith needs to be taken into account. But even when we apply this hadith, the majority of aggression came from the habesha and not the other way around. It's just that we haven't/don't write our own history and have to rely on biased foreign accounts on us and the Oromos. But we can still see how well they wrote about the Somalis/Oromos and how they roasted their fellow christian habeshas.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of hunting will favor the hunter.

Their's also a hadith that mention's how a habesha will destroy the kaaba as one of the last sign's of the day of judgement.
AbduAllah ibn Amr said I heard the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم say: " Zul-Suwayqatayn from Al-Habasha ( Abyssinia or Ethiopia) will destroy the Ka'ba and steal its treasure and Kiswah (cover). It is as if I could see him now: he is bald-headed and has a distortion in his wrists. He will strike the Ka'ba with his spade and pick-axe." (Musnad Ahmad)

Last edited:
He is doing this because his beloved warlords have invited Amisom to Adado. :cryinglaughsmiley:

And in case some of you guys never realised, transgression is very very haram. It aligns with the message of this 'hadith' (don't know if it's a hadith yet so...).

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
Its interesting that Somali people have higher rates of Islam then the "Habashi" people
I wonder who the blessing went to :hmm:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Interesting, first I have heard of such a hadith:cosbyhmm:
Xabashis also mentioned in Quran; Surat Fiil as the people of the elephant who tried to destroy the Kaa'ba but Allah stopped them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending